LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

Any hope for A. Boone?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He's probably passed out drunk somewhere on a couch.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Hope? Yes. Expectations? No.
Does anyone here think he can play OG?
Who the hell is Alex Boone?
Originally posted by scoobyduu24:
Originally posted by 9erHIGH:
no. he's a bust.
if he has become a starter by now he'll never amount to anything...

sorry, i guess that's not directed at this thread specifically.
it's a legit question. there is ALWAYS hope, and many guys who
get off to slow starts do end up with productive careers...

but if you look at the numbers, guys who go undrafted and spend their
1st year on the PS have a very slim chance of ever become fixtures
in starting lineups. IT DOES HAPPEN, but the percentages are very small.

You can't be bust if you go undrafted because there were little to no expectations to begin with. Furthermore you cant truly deem a player a bust after only one season in the league. I don't care if you were the number one pick or mr irrelevant it's just way too soon.

Originally posted by KknighthawkK_9er:
Originally posted by scoobyduu24:
Originally posted by 9erHIGH:
no. he's a bust.
if he has become a starter by now he'll never amount to anything...

sorry, i guess that's not directed at this thread specifically.
it's a legit question. there is ALWAYS hope, and many guys who
get off to slow starts do end up with productive careers...

but if you look at the numbers, guys who go undrafted and spend their
1st year on the PS have a very slim chance of ever become fixtures
in starting lineups. IT DOES HAPPEN, but the percentages are very small.

You can't be bust if you go undrafted because there were little to no expectations to begin with. Furthermore you cant truly deem a player a bust after only one season in the league. I don't care if you were the number one pick or mr irrelevant it's just way too soon.

i guess they couldnt pick up on the blatant sarcasm...
that's what happens when you read one line of a post and then reply before reading the rest. donkey move.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

Really?

He was a 1st round prospect until he had some drunkin issues and his play at ohio state kinda sucked against big schools. He was an UDFA. plays tackle at 6'7" 315+lbs.
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
2 time second team all big ten. got a late start because you can't join traning camp until Ohio St. is out of school
Originally posted by SFATeflonDon:

Really?

He was a 1st round prospect until he had some drunkin issues and his play at ohio state kinda sucked against big schools. He was an UDFA. plays tackle at 6'7" 315+lbs.

1st round prospect? You sure? My memory is hazy but I thought he was considered a mid round prospect
He wasn't over weight as much as lacked polished moves and quick feet...which can improve with work. Great question as we haven't heard how he is working or not working on his game. The team needs a more definate answer from either FA or the draft though and he would be a nice surprise if he worked out. His build seems more like a OT than an OG...moving him inside may be less possible.

Originally posted by English:

Really?

1st round prospect? You sure? My memory is hazy but I thought he was considered a mid round prospect

I thought he was rated as a 3rd round prospect at best?
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Originally posted by English:

Really?

I thought he was rated as a 3rd round prospect at best?

He started out the "Mock" season being a 1st on some boards. Then reality hit and he slid to 3rd...and then the DUIs and taser incident...
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
He's probably passed out drunk somewhere on a couch.

Hope he is dreaming about blitz pick ups.
Hopefully AB will respond well to a full offseason of workouts,nutrition and sobriety. He seems to have the size/attitude to at least become a good backup....good luck to him.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
The fact that we have Ray Brown as another OL coach will certainly help Solari in developing players like Rachal and Boone.

From a physical standpoint, Boone has all the tools to succeed in the NFL. The main problem Boone has is more of a technique/mental issue in terms of pass protecting. With the right coaching, I could certainly see Boone beat out Snyder at RT, moving Snyder to RG or something.
Share 49ersWebzone