There are 133 users in the forums

Paraag Marathe Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by sacniner:
For all of the ignorant, unwarranted scrutiny this guy received he deserves some damn credit. To this day, we still don't know if he was in the booth telling Nolan and Sing whether or not to challenge plays, if he had any input on play calling, etc. There were so many rumors about the guy but nothing was substantiated. He got a lot of flak for being part of the "new regime" and using analytics instead of "football instincts" to help with the draft. Some of it may be warranted, although, this guy was used as a HUGE scapegoat. I have never heard of a guy in his role get blamed for losing so much. As he stated in the past, "it'd be half as bad if [my name] were Perry Martin. It's a name you can pronounce. That would cut it in half. If I were white, it would cut it by another quarter. If I were 10 years older, it would cut it by another 10 percent."

Anyway, the salary cap is his b*tch and he does a damn good job. We have been sitting pretty in regards to the cap for a while. The latest example is the Ahmad Brooks contract which has a lot less real guaranteed money that originally reported. And the escalators and de-escalators are a beautiful thing. Every contract should be performance based with incentives like that.

Let's show some love for my boy!!!

Adapt or die.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Then and Now

Can't stand Barbieri. Been out of the Bay Area for 10 years now and I feel sorry for those who have been forced to listen to that high-pitched weasel for the last decade.

This. Everytime i hear his voice, i wanna punch a baby.

He looks like Bill McKinney

looks like scott hall, on a good day
He's a proven success - I hope we keep him fro a long time.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Somebody send him a hooker
Originally posted by jreff22:
Somebody send him a hooker

this is all i can send him...

Is this dude the next Carmen Policy or what? Looks to me that Uncle Eddie showed young Jed the importance of having a football business guy (COO) with ice water in his veins negotiating contracts.

I think I like him, haven't seen him blink yet. Just keep him out of the booth with replay calling responsibilities
pampa
red dot > feather

I forgot about the replay thing.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hacksaw:
Is this dude the next Carmen Policy or what? Looks to me that Uncle Eddie showed young Jed the importance of having a football business guy (COO) with ice water in his veins negotiating contracts.

I think I like him, haven't seen him blink yet. Just keep him out of the booth with replay calling responsibilities

I kind of get the booth thing. Him and Jed are young and Jed's Indian friend probably asked him "Hey Jed, let me do that replay s**t in the booth" Thet were probably laughing about and said f**k it and let him do it. I know if I was Parag, i would be asking for all kinds of fun stuff to do... lol...
Diversify yo bonds n***a!!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
i.W.o.
God I hope not. It was Policy's crazy spending policies that got the 49ers into cap hell in the first place. It's telling that guys like Policy and Cerrato really never had any success with other team. I think York has done an admirable job of putting together a front office All-Star team, from Baalke to Marathe to Yu, they've got balance, experience, intelligence and a good vision for the future.
Share 49ersWebzone