There are 268 users in the forums

Paraag Marathe Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:

THIS!!!!!!

IN YOUR FACES WHITE DEVIL!!!
The Razor was the main force behind all the Paraage nonsense. If it weren't for him, no one would have even thought twice about Paraage.
Paraag is the man...Baalke's the front man, Paraag does the dirty work and does it exceptionally well. With a top notch front office now, we can look forward to more and more good signings that keep the core players on board and bring in new talent at the right price(s).
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Then and Now

Can't stand Barbieri. Been out of the Bay Area for 10 years now and I feel sorry for those who have been forced to listen to that high-pitched weasel for the last decade.

This. Everytime i hear his voice, i wanna punch a baby.

He looks like Bill McKinney

Originally posted by sacniner:
He wasn't whining... actually, bringing up valid points about why he was singled out a bunch for some odd reason. Not too many guys with a name like his involved in the NFL so it's a valid point. That is just the truth whether you want to admit it or not.

He's a back office numbers guy, for God's sake. I'm sure there's lots of guys like Marthe in the league who have numbers skills and aren't "football" guys per se. I think he was being dumped on because the Niners were a rudderless, losing franchise and the press made it sound like Marthe was overly influential because he was Jed's buddy. If you saw the movie Money Ball, you saw that Billie Beane was also criticized for taking the approach of managing a baseball franchise by statistical analysis and bargain contracts, rather than being a traditional "baseball" guy. Bean was young and white, and I don't think the age or the color of the skin is the reason he was criticized. I think the same for Marthe. I never heard anyone throw that guy under the bus because he was of Indian descent, or whatever. We play the race card too easily IMO.
Originally posted by baltien:
Don't like him. He overpays and the Yorks (dorks) are too cheap.

You realize your statement is an oxymoron statement..." He overpays and the Yorks are too cheap."
From day one there was no confusion on what the guy was to me-a money cruncher, plain and simple.
Originally posted by WildBill:
From day one there was no confusion on what the guy was to me-a money cruncher, plain and simple.

What's great is that his street cred just went up 80% now that he's doing the same thing he did before we started winning again. -Marathe disallowed any player from bleeding us under the crappy Nolan era, and will keep doing so against leverage-desperate players blackmailing a winning team.
End of the day, it's still a business. Paraag M. deserves a ton of credit.

The 49ers are a winning org now...next step, win the SB!

You realize your statement is an oxymoron statement..." He overpays and the Yorks are too cheap."

He was being ironic....

What the hell kind of sense does that make? The Yorks don't negotiate anybody's contract. And even if they did, you can't say they're cheap.
They paid Clements, they paid Patrick Willis, They paid Vernon Davis, They paid Frank Gore. They even paid Alex Garbage Smith. I'm so sick of this cheap sh*t.
That is a complete myth. Are you even paying attention?! Also you have to overpay when you're team is a laughing stock that plays in THE worst venue in the NFL. Lastly overpaying and being cheap at the same time doesn't make any sense at all.
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:

What the hell kind of sense does that make? The Yorks don't negotiate anybody's contract. And even if they did, you can't say they're cheap.
They paid Clements, they paid Patrick Willis, They paid Vernon Davis, They paid Frank Gore. They even paid Alex Garbage Smith. I'm so sick of this cheap sh*t.
That is a complete myth. Are you even paying attention?! Also you have to overpay when you're team is a laughing stock that plays in THE worst venue in the NFL. Lastly overpaying and being cheap at the same time doesn't make any sense at all.

Federal law mandates that batteries on sarcasm detectors be checked once every month to prevent malfunctions that may cause over-reactions to obvious jokes. Penalty may include public humiliation or demerits on one's man card.
[ Edited by WRATHman44 on Mar 3, 2012 at 1:08 PM ]
Front office REALLY coming along! Marathe has been doing a great job; not much to rag on him about. I'm interested to see what Yu is going to bring to the table in the future. We really have some young "go getters" in the FO now, this should bode well well for the Niner org..
With his history of great deals, I don't understand why people ever balk at a contract before terms are released. The team rarely if ever comes out on the short end of a deal, regardless of what the public perception is. He is the master of presenting contracts that look a lot bigger than they are. Agents and players alike love his stuff, and it's aaalways team friendly.

Agreed. It was really all due to the nonsense generated by Barbieri.
Share 49ersWebzone