There are 175 users in the forums

Paraag Marathe Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Wonder if Jed and company are going to hire someone to help or replace Paraag now that he is also vice chairman at Leeds united now. He will have a lot more on his plate now.

Brian Hampton was hired last year.

Ok has he been taking a bigger lead in contracts?
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Wonder if Jed and company are going to hire someone to help or replace Paraag now that he is also vice chairman at Leeds united now. He will have a lot more on his plate now.

Brian Hampton was hired last year.

Ok has he been taking a bigger lead in contracts?

Just read up on Hampton. Pretty much doing all the contract work now.
And in this corner...

If you want good players you're going to have to pay.

Even Hoodie gets it without TB.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
If you want good players you're going to have to pay.

Even Hoodie gets it without TB.

TB winning that chip broke hoody. He is over paying for mediocre talent... so unhoody like. He's trying to prove he could win without the second best QB in NFL history
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
If you want good players you're going to have to pay.

Even Hoodie gets it without TB.

TB winning that chip broke hoody. He is over paying for mediocre talent... so unhoody like. He's trying to prove he could win without the second best QB in NFL history

It's weird because the other side of the spin is he cashed in on a depressed FA market for scheme-specific perfect fits for his system. I would imagine the answer is somewhere in between.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,748
Originally posted by NCommand:
And in this corner...


I don't think it takes a lot of IQ to pretty much mortgage the future with a bunch of backloaded contracts (if that's what the Saints basically did).

I think its a lot harder to write a fair and balanced *front-loaded* contract because you can't do a lot of them in any year, you have to pick and choose and also project right. One or two mistakes in front loading (like Dee Fords situation) and its really hard to get out of it without help from the player.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
If you want good players you're going to have to pay.

Even Hoodie gets it without TB.

TB winning that chip broke hoody. He is over paying for mediocre talent... so unhoody like. He's trying to prove he could win without the second best QB in NFL history

It's weird because the other side of the spin is he cashed in on a depressed FA market for scheme-specific perfect fits for his system. I would imagine the answer is somewhere in between.

He absolutely did. All the players he signed if this is an up cap year, he can't afford it. He's clearly playing the long game. All of those players he signed, some will be traded for picks in 2022.

And the Hoodie beat goes on....
Originally posted by NCommand:
And in this corner...


Sounds like Luke Johnson needs to broaden his horizons. Nobody is challenging Paraag to a cap battle.

The salary cap is his b***h
Damn. How long has he been with the 49ers?
Originally posted by carlgo:
The Yorks, like all incompetent and besieged owners and political figures, value loyalty over all else.

The Yorks totally fear "outsiders" who come with power and independence. This is very threatening to them.

It is very tempting for them to promote in-house, to make sure there are loyal people at every position. The problem is that they may be promoted to positions they are not qualified for.

Paraag is evidently extremely talented at what he does and it would seem to be a bad move for the Yorks to promote him to an unfamiliar position where he would likely fail and his talents would be lost.

It will be very, very interesting to see if the Yorks will bring in a strong, independent and powerful coach who might clash with the York Way and, most disturbing, be given credit for any success.

Unh…i think we already have a very independent HC AND GM, but Jed has become a good owner and is letting his hand picked guys do their jobs. Last yr was a throw away yr with covid plus we had over 32 guys on IR at one time or another. (Rules change for covid). In 2019 we were right there, and this yr, it looks like where we left off in 2019…altho even better. So as for a very strong and independent HC…we already got one plus our GM, both Jed hires.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by carlgo:
The Yorks, like all incompetent and besieged owners and political figures, value loyalty over all else.

The Yorks totally fear "outsiders" who come with power and independence. This is very threatening to them.

It is very tempting for them to promote in-house, to make sure there are loyal people at every position. The problem is that they may be promoted to positions they are not qualified for.

Paraag is evidently extremely talented at what he does and it would seem to be a bad move for the Yorks to promote him to an unfamiliar position where he would likely fail and his talents would be lost.

It will be very, very interesting to see if the Yorks will bring in a strong, independent and powerful coach who might clash with the York Way and, most disturbing, be given credit for any success.

Unh…i think we already have a very independent HC AND GM, but Jed has become a good owner and is letting his hand picked guys do their jobs. Last yr was a throw away yr with covid plus we had over 32 guys on IR at one time or another. (Rules change for covid). In 2019 we were right there, and this yr, it looks like where we left off in 2019…altho even better. So as for a very strong and independent HC…we already got one plus our GM, both Jed hires.

You responded to a post from 11 years ago lol
Share 49ersWebzone