There are 189 users in the forums

Paraag Marathe Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Pretty surprised with the Ford, Kwon and Richburg restructures. Seems very unlike the FO
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Pretty surprised with the Ford, Kwon and Richburg restructures. Seems very unlike the FO

All pretty horrible moves.
I'm a little concerned with what happens next offseason. They have a s**t ton of key FAs, many of which are in an already thin secondary. ER could be a problem and they need a future C. they didn't have a ton of $ to begin with and the cap is going down and now they are saddled with 3 guys that could have been cut and saved them substantial cap space. Not sure how they are going to pull all this off. They have picks, but are really going to need to hit on the draft
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I'm a little concerned with what happens next offseason. They have a s**t ton of key FAs, many of which are in an already thin secondary. ER could be a problem and they need a future C. they didn't have a ton of $ to begin with and the cap is going down and now they are saddled with 3 guys that could have been cut and saved them substantial cap space. Not sure how they are going to pull all this off. They have picks, but are really going to need to hit on the draft

Definitely legit concerns.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Pretty surprised with the Ford, Kwon and Richburg restructures. Seems very unlike the FO

Same, esp. in hindsight.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I'm a little concerned with what happens next offseason. They have a s**t ton of key FAs, many of which are in an already thin secondary. ER could be a problem and they need a future C. they didn't have a ton of $ to begin with and the cap is going down and now they are saddled with 3 guys that could have been cut and saved them substantial cap space. Not sure how they are going to pull all this off. They have picks, but are really going to need to hit on the draft
Yeah next years secondary could look very different. I think next years draft is going to need to key in on Defensive backs and edge rusher and IOL.
Our secondary is extremely thin. To me Shermman shouldn't be resigned. Neither should Spoon. Moseley is a serviceable CB. K Will gonna get a big contract elsewhere. We have no guys in the pipeline whatsoever
I'm going to ask again, which one of you is David Lombardi.

  • All22
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,871
Originally posted by lamontb:
Our secondary is extremely thin. To me Shermman shouldn't be resigned. Neither should Spoon. Moseley is a serviceable CB. K Will gonna get a big contract elsewhere. We have no guys in the pipeline whatsoever

This is our last chance to sign an elite DB at a reasonable price.
Originally posted by All22:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Our secondary is extremely thin. To me Shermman shouldn't be resigned. Neither should Spoon. Moseley is a serviceable CB. K Will gonna get a big contract elsewhere. We have no guys in the pipeline whatsoever

This is our last chance to sign an elite DB at a reasonable price.

Agree. The 9ers have to keep Sherman. At this time, he is a foundational piece of the defense. And if he says that he can still play, he's the kind of person you have to believe. A real student of the game. Williams would and will be an important re-signing, I feel. But Sherman is #1.

Now if Verret can somehow go against the trend and stay healthy (can happen; see Ward), the starting backfield of Sherman, a healthy Verret, Williams and current two safeties, IMO would be darn near sensational.

But the depth is terrible. The FO has to stop squandering draft picks with their panicked maneuverings and draft some backfield depth. Rookies who can sit, watch, learn and gradually get worked into a rotation. Not thrown in at the deep end.

Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Agree. The 9ers have to keep Sherman. At this time, he is a foundational piece of the defense. And if he says that he can still play, he's the kind of person you have to believe. A real student of the game. Williams would and will be an important re-signing, I feel. But Sherman is #1.

Now if Verret can somehow go against the trend and stay healthy (can happen; see Ward), the starting backfield of Sherman, a healthy Verret, Williams and current two safeties, IMO would be darn near sensational.

But the depth is terrible. The FO has to stop squandering draft picks with their panicked maneuverings and draft some backfield depth. Rookies who can sit, watch, learn and gradually get worked into a rotation. Not thrown in at the deep end.

depends what he's asking for (sherm)...if it's too much I'm gonna let him test the market and let it determine his price. He's only gonna play in a C3 scheme, which lowers his value plus his age.

Eman isn't going anywhere he's a RFA. They need to draft a C3 guy to develop, overall our defense is based around the DL not the secondary. They don't have to invest top money or picks IMO.
Devil.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Devil.


Lol I knew we'd be in agreement on this. He is the f'ing devil! Get him away from this franchise!
Jags have a fetish for damaged acl's.
Originally posted by davide49:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Devil.


Lol I knew we'd be in agreement on this. He is the f'ing devil! Get him away from this franchise!

#MoneyBall
Share 49ersWebzone