There are 161 users in the forums

P Willy Tackles-Does that mean the D sucks?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

P Willy Tackles-Does that mean the D sucks?

Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by kronik:
Don't forget that the niners were dead last in time of possession. That means the D is always on the field. More tackles to be had.

But the 49ers weren't dead last in time of possession. They ranked 15th in the NFL with 29:46 Per Game (citation).

Please try harder at ignorance.

Ignorance? They were deadlast the year Derek Smith was the leading tackler, NOT THIS YEAR. Try looking at those stats for 2005.

You copy and paste my post without reading what I was replying to ????????? And you're calling me ignorant? Maybe you are the one that needs to try harder.
[ Edited by kronik on Jan 28, 2010 at 6:22 PM ]
haha
it means he's everywhere. he's a superhuman remember ? he'll be the first to the tackle on any team before any player 95% of the time.
[ Edited by YuNGaCE on Jan 28, 2010 at 6:58 PM ]
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
Originally posted by Hitman49:

Actualy that's a good thing when your LB leads your team in tackles. The D-line is doing it's job by not letting blockers get in the way of Willis.

It would be a bad thing if a DB was leading your team in tackles.

Derek Smith led our team in tackles for what 7 years before Patrick showed up. I remember the sentiment round here being that it wasnt a good thing.

Whoever said that is dumb, that is what the 3-4 MLB is supposed to do.
Yes. Whatever the team does is bad. Everything about them sucks. This is the negativity forum.
Originally posted by Youngone:
It means a couple things...one, plenty of opportunities, as pointed out WRT our less than stellar offense, but it also speaks volumes about how our DL played. They kept blockers away from Willis, Spikes and Michael Lewis...so they could make plays. You can see that same forumla on other teams...like the Ravens, it's why Ray Lewis makes so many tackles...Fletcher on the 'Skins, Ryans for Houston, Beason for Panthers, etc.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Don't forget that the niners were dead last in time of possession. That means the D is always on the field. More tackles to be had.

But the 49ers weren't dead last in time of possession. They ranked 15th in the NFL with 29:46 Per Game (citation).

Please try harder at ignorance.

Ignorance? They were deadlast the year Derek Smith was the leading tackler, NOT THIS YEAR. Try looking at those stats for 2005.

You copy and paste my post without reading what I was replying to ????????? And you're calling me ignorant? Maybe you are the one that needs to try harder.

Yeah, ignorance. Who said anything about 2005? Let's talk about Derek Smith's entire career and not just one season.

2001: 108 Tackles, 32:24 TOP (2nd in NFL)
2002: 112 Tackles, 32:39 TOP (4th in NFL)
2003: 114 Tackles, 31:09 TOP (10th in NFL)
2004: 110 Tackles, 29:18 TOP (21st in NFL)
2005: 116 Tackles, 27:37 TOP (30th in NFL, NOT LAST)
2006: 68 Tackles, 29:00 TOP (25th in NFL)
2007: 78 Tackles, 27:08 TOP (32nd in NFL)

Yeah.
Share 49ersWebzone