LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 200 users in the forums

Walt Harris...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I think Walt Harris will be back and he'll add needed depth at CB. We already have 4 pretty good corners in Spencer, Clements, Brown, and Bly when healthy. Why not keep Harris around? The guy is a ballhawk and was IMO, the best cover corner we had before his injury. If he's recovered from his injury, add him to the mix. He could also backup at S. There's this idea that you need to be a big guy to be safety but I don't really buy it. You just have to have good ball skills and Harris does.

Agreed.

I feel that Brown is a poor tackler - see Jordy Nelson juke him out for a TD and Bly may not be back unless he wants to come back here. I do think that someone will see his tape and give him a starting role somewhere.

I'm quite content with Harris being the nickel back.

-9fA
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
I think he said he was done last year. Don't quote me on that though. Even if I'm wrong, I highly doubt he'll be back.

yeah, with brown and spencer playing pretty well this year, and nate being here for a few more years. I would almost count it a sure thing they will let him test the market and then draft a corner with one of our mid picks.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I think Walt Harris will be back and he'll add needed depth at CB. We already have 4 pretty good corners in Spencer, Clements, Brown, and Bly when healthy. Why not keep Harris around? The guy is a ballhawk and was IMO, the best cover corner we had before his injury. If he's recovered from his injury, add him to the mix. He could also backup at S. There's this idea that you need to be a big guy to be safety but I don't really buy it. You just have to have good ball skills and Harris does.

Agreed.

I feel that Brown is a poor tackler - see Jordy Nelson juke him out for a TD and Bly may not be back unless he wants to come back here. I do think that someone will see his tape and give him a starting role somewhere.

-9fA

How could you be content with having the slowest nickel back in the league??
[ Edited by GMniner805 on Jan 28, 2010 at 12:40 PM ]
If he wants to come back, then lets bring him back...
I say CUT his Ass! he's too old and now hes coming back from a major injury! Love u Walt but u need to "get to steppin' !
Originally posted by jaghetersofie:
Originally posted by momoney925:
i wanna pick up Joe Haden or Eric Berry
i would be happy for the year with either two.

Berry could also play corner

They are both projected to go top 10...

so was Crabtree
Originally posted by 49erman5692:

so was Crabtree

I would bring him back as our 4th CB. He has better hands than Bly. Bly dropped at least 3 picks this year.
1. Nate
2. Spencer
3. Brown
4. Harris
5. Rookie
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Not much has been said about him since the season ending injury. But it's unlikely the niners will land Hayden , with needs at Rt, Kr, safety, and Guard. So if he return's it be a nothing more then a 1 year deal. With Walt, Spencer, Nate, Bly, Brown. That's some solid depth if he return's for one more year...

Niner nation what say you?

I say this is not the Factor and you are not Bill O'Rielly. Or are you...hhmmmm
Our dbs look like a poker hand with 2,4,5,7, & a 9 a whole lot of junk. Not even an ace kicker in the whole bunch. Keep the 7 & 9 and hope ya draw a pair in the draft.

Originally posted by GMniner805:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Agreed.

-9fA

How could you be content with having the slowest nickel back in the league??

. Not one to normally comment on posters, but jeez, this place sucks in the offseason.
  • Joe49er4life
  • Info N/A
this was a seriuos injury.. i dont see walt coming back and making an impact even if he really really wants to return.. its just not the best way to end a career tho..
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
You guys are crazy if you don't want Harris back for the right price.

Compared to Clements tenure with the 49ers, Harris has been BETTER than him at making clutch plays and tackling. While we may not know his ability after injury, there's no reason to not sign him to a 1 year deal and let him compete in training camp.

If you are worried that we need to develop a young CB, well teams typically carry 5 CBs, and Harris may have the ability to play FS as well.

CB: Clements/Brown/Rookie
CB: Spencer/Harris
FS: Goldson/Smith/(Harris)
SS: Lewis/Rookie

That's pretty damn good depth for the secondary.
Originally posted by 49erman5692:

so was Crabtree

well crabtree had a broken foot unless one of them breaks their foot then i doubt we get them
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
I think he said he was done last year. Don't quote me on that though. Even if I'm wrong, I highly doubt he'll be back.

hes got 2 things going against him... hes old and he tore his ACL... hes done
Share 49ersWebzone