LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 301 users in the forums

Who's our next pro bowler?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who's our next pro bowler?

Originally posted by Mister49:
Isnt he?

no
I used to dream of being a Pro Bowler. Those dreams had nothing to do with football, however...
Where's the Alex Smith option? If Crabtree and Vernon make it, Alex should be up for considiration.
Originally posted by KevinBarlow:
Originally posted by Esco:
Crabtree
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by Mister49:
Isnt he?

no

He will be! somebody from the Vikes will be too sore or pissed to play! probably one of those williams boys!
Originally posted by Goldtimer:
Where's the Alex Smith option? If Crabtree and Vernon make it, Alex should be up for considiration.

ive said it before, ill say it again. ill never let this go.

If Justin Smith doesnt get a pro bowl spot THIS season, for what he did THIS season, it might be the biggest snub in pro bowl history.

without a doubt, in my mind, THE best DE in the NFL this year. 3-4, 4-3, whatever, best in the NFL. he dominated. he was a better DE pass rusher than anyone in the NFL outside Dwight Freeney, and it was real close between them even.

i was actually pulling for the Vikings tonight just because i wanted that pro bowl for Justin Smith. and i HATE Favre and the Vikings. i hope he gets in somehow.
Originally posted by Niners99:

If Justin Smith doesnt get a pro bowl spot THIS season, for what he did THIS season, it might be the biggest snub in pro bowl history.

without a doubt, in my mind, THE best DE in the NFL this year. 3-4, 4-3, whatever, best in the NFL. he dominated. he was a better DE pass rusher than anyone in the NFL outside Dwight Freeney, and it was real close between them even.

i was actually pulling for the Vikings tonight just because i wanted that pro bowl for Justin Smith. and i HATE Favre and the Vikings. i hope he gets in somehow.

didn't rivers get snubbed last year?
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
I used to dream of being a Pro Bowler. Those dreams had nothing to do with football, however...

AHHH !!! you jokester you...

i lol'd
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by Goldtimer:

that's actually pretty true. if crabtree and davis are pro bowlers, smith has to be up for debate since he's throwing all of the td's. with warner through these dark weeks looking like he'll retire, it'll make it a LITTLE easier.

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Rivers wasnt the best at his position in the NFL though. he got snubbed, but it was arguable at least. the only reason Smith wasnt a lock for a starting spot is because he plays on a west coast team, and isnt a household name. he didnt get the big sack totals.

6 sacks is elite for a 3-4 DE, but people dont know that. and his NFL 3-4 DE leading 16 qb hits and entire NFL DE leading 44 QB pressures go literally unnoticed.

if you add up QB sacks, hits, and pressures, he had 66. Dwight Freeney had 67. DeMarcus Ware, the NFL leader, had 85. thats your top 3 of all defensive players.

and were talking about a 3-4 DE here. a position that has to go 2 on 1 against OL, and isnt even expected to get that kind of pressure.

of ALL 3-4 DE, Smith had 66 total, 2nd place? Calais Campbell with 44 total. Smith had 44 in pressures alone. Justin Smith got heat on the QB 20 more times than the next closest guy at his scheme position, and finished in Freeney/Ware territory. hes a beast.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jan 25, 2010 at 12:16 AM ]
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

You and Taber have something in common......
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Rivers wasnt the best at his position in the NFL though. he got snubbed, but it was arguable at least. the only reason Smith wasnt a lock for a starting spot is because he plays on a west coast team, and isnt a household name. he didnt get the big sack totals.

6 sacks is elite for a 3-4 DE, but people dont know that. and his NFL 3-4 DE leading 16 qb hits and entire NFL DE leading 44 QB pressures go literally unnoticed.

if you add up QB sacks, hits, and pressures, he had 66. Dwight Freeney had 67. DeMarcus Ware, the NFL leader, had 85. thats your top 3 of all defensive players.

and were talking about a 3-4 DE here. a position that has to go 2 on 1 against OL, and isnt even expected to get that kind of pressure.

of ALL 3-4 DE, Smith had 66 total, 2nd place? Calais Campbell with 44 total. Smith had 44 in pressures alone. Justin Smith got heat on the QB 20 more times than the next closest guy at his scheme position, and finished in Freeney/Ware territory. hes a beast.

Scott's very best FA acquisition.
Joe Staley
Crabtree is going to the pro bowl next year. Had he played a full season, he would probably be in the pro bowl this year and very strong candidate for OROY...
Share 49ersWebzone