There are 236 users in the forums

OL coach Chris Foerster Gone! Hired by Redskins

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Yes, we can happy but we are not the one's that fired him. he left on his own.

"The 49ers have stated all along that Foerster would return as line coach."

This leaves a major problem: Did it occur to anyone here that that 49ers could and will possibly hire an O-line coach worse than Foerster?
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Victory

woooooooooooo

thank you shanahan!!!!
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Yes, we can happy but we are not the one's that fired him. he left on his own.

"The 49ers have stated all along that Foerster would return as line coach."

This leaves a major problem: Did it occur to anyone here that that 49ers could and will possibly hire an O-line coach worse than Foerster?

There's no such thing
  • flow
  • Veteran

[ Edited by Crazy4Niners on Jan 21, 2010 at 09:46:56 ]

Mike Solari please, kthx.
Originally posted by 49faithful_sik:
Originally posted by luis1985:
Chris Foerster took the OL coach position with the Redskins.

Adam Schefter

damn the Redskins.....

haha Yeah because they just made my day...
the broncos had the best oline during Shanahans tenure. It was the strength if the team. Could it be that Foerster is better than we think, and that the talent on our iline just sucks???
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Anybody else see the irony in a great offensive mind like Mike Shanahan hiring supposedly the worst position coach on this team?

Curious to see the response from the "Fire Sing! Fire Foerster! Hire Shanny!" crowd.

Originally posted by JoseCortez:
the broncos had the best oline during Shanahans tenure. It was the strength if the team. Could it be that Foerster is better than we think, and that the talent on our iline just sucks???

It could be that. We'll see though
Lets new screw this up and get Mike Solari!

Shanahan must think highly of him, so did Tony Dungy. I just don't get/see it?
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Wow what a twist!
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

It could be that. We'll see though

It could also be that Shanny runs a zone blocking scheme and we do not. Foerster might simply be better suited to coaching in a different scheme.

Its funny to me that so many people celebrate because the oline is our weakest group. However no one has ever met the guy or knows what he is capable of, but Shanahan hires him when he has the pick of the NFL. Maybe he was better than everyone here at the zone thought. Sometimes the zone gets on trends that make no sense.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Anybody else see the irony in a great offensive mind like Mike Shanahan hiring supposedly the worst position coach on this team?

Yeah which makes me think maybe he wasn't the problem...
Share 49ersWebzone