LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

5 Pro bowlers if Vikes go to SB..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by fister30:
The pro bowl is more watered down than it was before. Players who are not in the super bowl get to go?

Its not a pro bowl anymore, its a "your the best player on a bad team" bowl.

After the Super Bowl makes more sense. It always did.
Originally posted by fister30:
The pro bowl is more watered down than it was before. Players who are not in the super bowl get to go?

Its not a pro bowl anymore, its a "your the best player on a bad team" bowl.

how so....by "bad team" you mean one of the 30 teams that dont make the super bowl?

if youre a great player, you make it, regardless of team. if you suck, you dont. i dont see how its complicated, or how its not a pro bowl anymore...

how many players on the pro bowl roster didnt deserve it? maybe a couple at most.
The Pro Bowl is pretty wack now a days. I like when our players are named to the NFC roster because it pretty much establishes them as the best in the league.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I hope favre gets hurt in the 4th quarter of the game while losing by more than 3 TD's.

lol
Originally posted by servegmo:
If Favre takes its team to the SB we will have 5 pro bowlers...

Bam- Bam, The Duke, Andy Lee , The inconvienient truth and The cowboy.

(P. Willis, V. Davis, A. Lee, F. Gore and J.Smith....

nice to have 5, cant remember when was the last time we had so many....

nice work Scott.Mc....

go nienrs

really nice work scotty? don't get it because he has nothing to do with drating gore, a. lee, and davis. seriosuly nice work huh? those guys go out on their own & perform. scotty has nothing to do with their performance. plus gore is a replacement. sloppy seconds! gore wasn't voted in.
Originally posted by wailers15:

nice work Scott.Mc....

go nienrs

really nice work scotty? don't get it because he has nothing to do with drating gore, a. lee, and davis. seriosuly nice work huh? those guys go out on their own & perform. scotty has nothing to do with their performance. plus gore is a replacement. sloppy seconds! gore wasn't voted in.

what are you talking about.... do you know how difficult is to draft Probowl players.... just remember the last few years when this team had no talent and we had no business winning games.... Scott Mc drafted Davis, Gore and Willis that's more probowlers than a some of the current GM had drafted, he deserves a ton of credit for seeing their potential, as well as Coach Sing for keeping Gore motivated, for inspiring his protege in Willis and for turning Vernon Davis career around, this is a success story for all the franchise and we should all be proud that in a bad season we still manage to send 4 players to the probowl... ( sorry for my spelling or grammar English is my second language)

go niners
I love the fact we have 5 but I just want to watch us play in the playoffs.

nice work Scott.Mc....

go nienrs

Ummmm he was voted in as an alternate by players and coaches. That's even better than John Q. Public voting a million and 1 times for a guy that doesn't deserve to be the water boy in Miami.

I mean honestly do you think Stephen Jackson should have made the Pro Bowl to begin with? How many BIG runs for TDs did he snap off this season?

And how many did GORE snap off? 3 that I know of. Franchise record no less.

Oh but Frank doesn't deserve to be in the Pro Bowl.

~Ceadder

what are you talking about.... do you know how difficult is to draft Probowl players.... just remember the last few years when this team had no talent and we had no business winning games.... Scott Mc drafted Davis, Gore and Willis that's more probowlers than a some of the current GM had drafted, he deserves a ton of credit for seeing their potential, as well as Coach Sing for keeping Gore motivated, for inspiring his protege in Willis and for turning Vernon Davis career around, this is a success story for all the franchise and we should all be proud that in a bad season we still manage to send 4 players to the probowl... ( sorry for my spelling or grammar English is my second language)

go niners

Nolan drafted them not Scott.

Scott was there as a glorified Scout.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Jan 20, 2010 at 20:05:58 ]
Justin Smith just made the PRO-BOWL...without the Vikes making the SB...

• Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

nice work Scott.Mc....

go nienrs

Ummmm he was voted in as an alternate by players and coaches. That's even better than John Q. Public voting a million and 1 times for a guy that doesn't deserve to be the water boy in Miami.

I mean honestly do you think Stephen Jackson should have made the Pro Bowl to begin with? How many BIG runs for TDs did he snap off this season?

And how many did GORE snap off? 3 that I know of. Franchise record no less.

Oh but Frank doesn't deserve to be in the Pro Bowl.

~Ceadder

go niners

Nolan drafted them not Scott.

Scott was there as a glorified Scout.

~Ceadder

I honestly dont know if you're being sarcastic or not... but wtf? Snapping off big runs means you're a better player than another? While I agree Gore deserves to be in the Pro Bowl more than Jackson, S-Jax was the ONLY weapon on a 1-15 team and still gained more than 1400 yards on the ground. Put him on a team with a line like the Vikings or the Titans and he'd rip off 2000 yards like it was nothing.
so much for needing the Vikings.

Best of both worlds! We have 5 probowlers, and Farve sucks too much to make it back to the Superbowl!
Making the Pro Bowl is somewhat of an overrated achievement. The fact that the Pro Bowl is sooner means injured players won't be playing, in addition to the players playing in the Super Bowl.

Case and point...David Gerrard is one of the AFC QB's
WTF?

5 probowlers on our roster and our record is 8-8? Alternate or not, this is a disgrace.
Share 49ersWebzone