LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

NEW ALT. UNIFORMS

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by sick9erfan:
How about 24 KARAT plated helmets for home games. I love the current unis but I think it would look awesome with shiny 24k gold with current 49ers helmet logo .

Photo shoppers make it happen.

For an alternate, I wouldn't be opposed to it.

LOVE IT
so wait, are we or are we not wearing throwbacks on Sunday??
Originally posted by swayze:

lol no, I'm not sure why this thread got bumped.
Originally posted by swayze:

No, we don't even have a throwback currently.

The 80's uniform was tossed out when we switched in 09 and the 94 uniform hasn't been worn since the Super Bowl vs San Diego.
Originally posted by sick9erfan:
How about 24 KARAT plated helmets for home games. I love the current unis but I think it would look awesome with shiny 24k gold with current 49ers helmet logo .

Photo shoppers make it happen.

For an alternate, I wouldn't be opposed to it.

The current uniforms as well as the '94 Alternatives with the chrome gold helmets.

^ UGhh... We already got the uniforms we want. I don't even mind the mustard pants anymore. Can't we just get the 94 throwbacks for a game or two a season and end this conversation?!
^
That
^
Those
NFL doesn't allow alternate colored helmets anymore for a throwback/alt uniform...just ask the buccaneers, who had to scrap a creamcicle orange game this year...any team whose old helmet color was roughly the same (rams, falcons, etc) worked around the rule...packers bent to the rule by wearing their acme packers unis, but instead if the brown helmet shell went with their normal yellow devoid of any decals

The main reason for this? You guessed it, supposed "player safety" and concussion prevention...the league's logic being players shouldn't be switching to unbroken-in helmets for one-off games

SO sick

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
NFL doesn't allow alternate colored helmets anymore for a throwback/alt uniform...just ask the buccaneers, who had to scrap a creamcicle orange game this year...any team whose old helmet color was roughly the same (rams, falcons, etc) worked around the rule...packers bent to the rule by wearing their acme packers unis, but instead if the brown helmet shell went with their normal yellow devoid of any decals

The main reason for this? You guessed it, supposed "player safety" and concussion prevention...the league's logic being players shouldn't be switching to unbroken-in helmets for one-off games

Stupid NFL.
Stupid NFL.

Niners would probably be like the Rams and work around it doe...ie, use their "worn in" gold helmet shells, but just replace the SF decal with the old ones from the early 90's

too bad my dream combo of the 94 throwbacks with the early-60's silver helmets is likely scrapped for good now...
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Dec 7, 2013 at 5:50 AM ]
This helmet rule is beyond stupid.
What if a helmet get´s damaged, or if the radio breaks down?
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Stupid NFL.

Don't the packers wear their blue helmets ?
Share 49ersWebzone