LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

NEW ALT. UNIFORMS

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Afrikan:
They showed our 1996 uniforms again during today's telecast.

LOVED THOSE. We looked like ROYALTY!.. but having Steve Young and Jerry Rice in those unis might have been more of the reason.
Those should be brought back and be the modern uniforms
Just announced that the team will wear the throwbacks vs Giants, Seahawks and Ravens. Giants will be the red throwbacks! When was the last time we saw those? Probably recently and I just don't remember.
Originally posted by eric_anthony:

These godawful things, screw that.

Originally posted by linkboy:

Are you kidding? I love them! Bringin good mojo too.
One of my favorite memories came in that very uniform.

[ Edited by SLCNiner on Sep 3, 2023 at 9:49 PM ]
Those are the "always lose to the Packers" uniforms 👎👎👎👎👎
Only wearing them 3 times this season is lame. Should wear them 4 times at home and 4 on the road
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Those are the "always lose to the Packers" uniforms 👎👎👎👎👎

Huh? They wore those unis when they won their last Super Bowl. Lost to the peckers in regular uniforms. 1995 was regular unis. 1996 may have been throwback, but was white. 1997 was the funky new ones I'll always hate. 1998 was the catch 2, still ugly funky new ones.

On a side note, Steve Young lost a LOT in the playoffs.
[ Edited by SLCNiner on Sep 3, 2023 at 9:27 PM ]
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Huh? They wore those unis when they won their last Super Bowl. Lost to the peckers in regular uniforms.

Lol what? We are already wearing the '94 throwbacks
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Huh? They wore those unis when they won their last Super Bowl. Lost to the peckers in regular uniforms.

Lol what? We are already wearing the '94 throwbacks

No, no they aren't. The throwbacks they will wear this year in the 3 games are the ones they wore for the remainder of the '94 season when they won the Super Bowl because Seifert was superstitious. Throwbacks because they were originally worn in 1955. The uniforms they are currently wearing are similar to the original '94 unis, and all through the '80's, but not the same. Difference in the stripes on the sleeves.

edit: maybe you and your friends are wearing throwbacks? Is that what you meant by "we"? Maybe I'm confused about your statement?
[ Edited by SLCNiner on Sep 3, 2023 at 9:42 PM ]
[ Edited by SLCNiner on Sep 4, 2023 at 12:27 AM ]

• 9moon
  • Veteran

this and the SHINNY gold pants were the worst uniform we ever dawned. .
Originally posted by 9moon:

this and the SHINNY gold pants were the worst uniform we ever dawned. .

Those are the 1955 throwbacks. I LOVE THEM.

These were the crappy ones IMO. 🤮🤮🤮
[ Edited by SLCNiner on Sep 3, 2023 at 9:46 PM ]
Huh? They wore those unis when they won their last Super Bowl. Lost to the peckers in regular uniforms. 1995 was regular unis. 1996 may have been throwback, but was white. 1997 was the funky new ones I'll always hate. 1998 was the catch 2, still ugly funky new ones.

95 was the last season we wore the regular uniform they wore going back to 1964.

In 96, they switched to the uniforms I linked above for the team's 50th season. These were based on the 94 uniforms, but with some changes. The red was darker, the logo was updated to the current one with the gold circle (the letters overlap differently as well and it's more oblong), the sleeves were different, as was the pant stripe (red/black/red on the 94 ones vs black/red/black on the 96 ones).

1994 Throwbacks

1996/97

There was also an issue in 96 where the team switched from Wilson to Reebok and player's numbers looked different.

We wore the white pants during the pre-season and came out wearing the metallic gold pants in the home opener against the Jets. Nothing was changed from 97 to 98 outside of the gold pants.

These were worn up until 2009, when they switched to the current design (which has gone through some changes of its own due to Nike taking over nfl uniforms from Reebok, and the adjustments related to the shoulder stripes).

2009 (based on 64-95 uniform/tapered shoulder stripes)

2012 (switch to Nike uniforms)

2017 (switch to two shoulder stripes)

Current uniforms (move to three shoulder stripes/return to classic saloon font)

In 2018, they brought the 94 all whites back and added the red uniform in 2021.
[ Edited by linkboy on Sep 3, 2023 at 10:10 PM ]
TL;DR 1996 unis =/= 1994 throwback unis

95 was the last season we wore the regular uniform they wore going back to 1964.

In 96, they switched to the uniforms I linked above for the team's 50th season. These were based on the 94 uniforms, but with some changes. The red was darker, the logo was updated to the current one with the gold circle (the letters overlap differently as well and it's more oblong), the sleeves were different, as was the pant stripe (red/black/red on the 94 ones vs black/red/black on the 96 ones).

1994 Throwbacks

1996/97

There was also an issue in 96 where the team switched from Wilson to Reebok and player's numbers looked different.

We wore the white pants during the pre-season and came out wearing the metallic gold pants in the home opener against the Jets. Nothing was changed from 97 to 98 outside of the gold pants.

These were worn up until 2009, when they switched to the current design (which has gone through some changes of its own due to Nike taking over nfl uniforms from Reebok, and the adjustments related to the shoulder stripes).

2009 (based on 64-95 uniform/tapered shoulder stripes)

2012 (switch to Nike uniforms)

2017 (switch to two shoulder stripes)

Current uniforms (move to three shoulder stripes/return to classic saloon font)

In 2018, they brought the 94 all whites back and added the red uniform in 2021.

Tough to tell the difference between the 96 and throwbacks they wore in the Super Bowl (Fromm '55 not 64) on my phone. The '55 throwbacks had the great red, and 96 went to that shiny dark garbage. So I don't know what you hated, but back to my original point, I think, that they're wearing the throwbacks 3 times this year and I'm pumped. Doubt they'll ever wear anything from the 90's again.
Share 49ersWebzone