Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by aiiyiiyiii:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Kory Sheets.

Sheets > Spiller

/thread.

Hated losing Sheets. Hoping he's nowhere near as good as Spiller, but it's hard to tell since 49er brass didn't see their way clear to keeping Sheets.

I don't recall any highlight reel material by Sheets

Spiller is worth one of the two firsts, the other being a Big Ugly

Kory Sheets

I still dont think Sheets is better than Spiller. Granted, if Sheets would have been given a shot here, I dont think we are talking about Spiller so much. I think Spiller has a chance to be very similar to Chris Johnson.

Sheets to me looked like a great value going undrafted and you're right Spiller looks like the real deal. I'm hoping get Haden and Bulaga in the first round which is pretty much a pipe dream. I certainly wouldn't piss and moan if we ended up snagging Spiller though. If we get him I'd be more upset that Coffee would look more and more like a wasted draft pick.

Not necessarily,look at the Cowboys,they have 3 good RB's and use them all well:

Marion Barber

Tashard Choice

Felix Jones
Originally posted by jreff22:
Spiller does make sense, he's a great change of pace back. But also we can use him as the 5th WR and save a roster spot. SO RB/WR/KR/PR...sounds good to me!!
Originally posted by prime21:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Spiller does make sense, he's a great change of pace back. But also we can use him as the 5th WR and save a roster spot. SO RB/WR/KR/PR...sounds good to me!!

Double this. I like CJ spiller as a change of pace back and 3rd down back and if we end up running shotgun he is shifty enough to operate out of thatformation as well.
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
If the 9ers draft Spiller over a lineman, this place will erupt. How long have we been b*tching about the Oline?

I think that would all depend on what they did in FA and with the 2nd first round pick. If they dont address the line before or during the draft, then we will all have the right to b*tch.
Yes and his name is CJ Gerhat or Toby Spiller
Originally posted by GMniner805:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Toby Gerhardt

Yeah.. because he can return punts and kicks.

& he can line up as a slot wr.

Oh and we need another power back to go along with the other two we already have.

wtf, youre wierd
from the highlight video, CJ Spiller looks like THE pick! I don't watch much college ball, has anyone watched him much? It would be great to get a guy like that but we all know we really need to address the Offensive Line.

I'm hoping they do something during FA so that CJ Spiller could actually be something we think about.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Don't give up on Coffee yet. Not everyone can perform at Gore's level. Give Coffee an upgraded offensive line, and he'll perform well.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Don't give up on Coffee yet. Not everyone can perform at Gore's level. Give Coffee an upgraded offensive line, and he'll perform well.

idk man, there are some really good looking rookie rbs out there. coffee looked really really bad at times...
My biggest gripe with Coffee is his very low average. RB's typically come out of college ready to go, and Coffee has not done that. I am still willing to give him another year though to possibly add some pounds and learn a few tricks of the trade...

Originally posted by confusedrhino:
2009 Season Stats

Gore 229carries 1120 yards 4.9avg Long:80yd td
Coffee 83carries 226 yards 2.7avg Long:17yd
Robinson 2carries 3 yards .7avg Long: 4yd

Almost half the ypc. With the SAME offensive line.

Gore is our most valuable offensive player. If he goes down with an injury, which gets more likely with each passing year, the season is OVER. Nobody will respect the run.

Forget KR/PR. The 49ers NEED a talented backup RB to split carries with Gore to keep him fresh. The return duties just happen to fill a huge need as well, that might net some nice extra yards each game.

Here's hoping the 49ers pick up a solid free agent, which isn't likely, or a nice draft pick like CJSpiller.

I think we need a line that can block better first. If the line donen't do that next year it won't matter if we have Frank Gore , AP, and Chris Johnson back there we won't be able to run the ball well. Although I wouldn't mind signing Leon Washington from the Jets; they had Shonn Greene emerge this year as Thomas Jones back-up and Washington could provide a scat-back types player as well as returner. Provided of course his injury checks out ok.
Share 49ersWebzone