LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 404 users in the forums

Does anybody think that Balmer has the potential to do....anything?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Dreskee:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
There was potentially no talent left in the first round up until the spot we had picked, so we should have traded that pick out to obtain DeSean Jackson or Ray Rice in the second round (and pick up a jobber in the 3rd).

It sucks to have a 1st round pick that plays like a 4th rounder.

I feel u on this but its easy to say who to pick years down the road when we see what they can do. Jackson went to the 2nd rd cuz people thought he was undersized to play WR in this league. I hope Balmer can get it together so we dont look stupid AGAIN for wastin a 1st rd pick

Thats my problem right there. The greatest receiver of all time was training with D. Jax and told the 49ers to draft him. If anybody can point out a good receiver, it is Rice. But we didnt listen to him.
Holy crap. When has he been given the opportunity? If he never becomes a starter and if he becomes a starter and plays like s**t then I will judge him. Everyone knew he was a project. He is still unfinished. Give it time.
Zzzz any and all Balmer threads are gonna have 4 key elements.
1. hes a bust
2. Could of had Jackson.
3. Gm sux cause we could of had Jackson.
4. takes 3-4 dline men a couple years to make an impact
Time will tell now wont it...
Originally posted by vermonator:

A good GM doesn't select projects in the first round of the draft...

This pretty much says it all.
Originally posted by Yetiman:
Originally posted by vermonator:

A good GM doesn't select projects in the first round of the draft...

This pretty much says it all.

Ditto!
I guess that's why all of you have made a career as GMs and retired early, huh?
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Lets be honest. The guy hasn't done anything. Some of you say that he clogs holes, but how can you be satisfied with stats like these:

He has played in 27 games.

He has 11 solo tackles in 27 games.

He has 8 assisted tackles in 27 games.

So that is a total of 19 tackles in 27 games.

Not to mention, he has never had a sack.

How many snaps has he played?

The guy has barely played and rightfully so since there are only two positions he can play (only one he should be playing) and we have great talent and chemistry there right now.

From what I've seen, and I pay close attention when I see him in the game, he has made the most of his opportunities. As few and far between as they have been.
Thats my problem right there. The greatest receiver of all time was training with D. Jax and told the 49ers to draft him. If anybody can point out a good receiver, it is Rice. But we didnt listen to him.

Rice wasn't "training with" him, he was WORKING FOR HIM. Jerry works for Debartolo Sports who, up until a couple of months ago, represented Jackson. What did you expect him to say?
Originally posted by Gavintech:

Rice wasn't "training with" him, he was WORKING FOR HIM. Jerry works for Debartolo Sports who, up until a couple of months ago, represented Jackson. What did you expect him to say?

I sometimes wonder if people actually READ the articles or do they just look at the pictures...

-9fA

Lets be honest. The guy hasn't done anything. Some of you say that he clogs holes, but how can you be satisfied with stats like these:

He has played in 27 games.

He has 11 solo tackles in 27 games.

He has 8 assisted tackles in 27 games.

So that is a total of 19 tackles in 27 games.

Not to mention, he has never had a sack.

One thing I have learned about gifted athletes they will show you glimpses of greatness. I have not seen any glimpses of greatness from this guy and I do not look forward to see any. You can not show something that is not there.
Contrary to board opinion when Balmer gets in the rotation he has looked suprisingly solid. Has he dominated? No. But he has more than held his own. I forgot who it was who said it, but Dline is one of the most difficult positions to play.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
There was potentially no talent left in the first round up until the spot we had picked, so we should have traded that pick out to obtain DeSean Jackson or Ray Rice in the second round (and pick up a jobber in the 3rd).

It sucks to have a 1st round pick that plays like a 4th rounder.

Yes it sucks, hope he can come on next year.
Our D-Line was extraordinary this year. Smith, Franklin, even Soap played well for a 3-4 DE

Ray Mac had a good year and there was even an Evans sighting

I wanted to see what RJF had. He could be a sleeper.

Anything from Balmer is gravy at this point. The kid is only 23.

Not all rooks are Gore / Crabs / Willis that can come in and play right away at a high level

Some, Smith, VD take a little while longer

Bust, no way because he was showing promise before the injury (like Brandon Wright of the Warriors). The guy has a tall, lean body.

We have so much room under the cap that his salary is not a burden.

Of course, DeSean Jackson is a stud. He'd look great in Criminson and Gold. I'd rather think about Spiller / Cribbs / Or Reggie Bush. If we can get either of those 3 guys (the latter 2 no more than a second), we just added that "it" to the return game
Wow, that Desean Jackson sure had a big impact against the Cowboys last weekend.

Oh, wait my bad. That was the offensive and defensive lines of the Cowboys. How silly of me.
Share 49ersWebzone