LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

Looking Back, would you rather have had Pete Carroll or Mike Nolan?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I wonder what the poll would have looked like on this?

Where's Mike McCarthy in this discussion? I remember he was among the names tossed in when the Niners were looking for a head coach during that Erickson-Nolan-Sing era.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AUniner:
Originally posted by LVJay:
he's douche of the industry... who's the perp behind him?

Looks like Brad Seely to me. They were talking about Roman becoming a HC next year.

Hella laughs!!!
Originally posted by robniner:
I wonder what the poll would have looked like on this?

Where's Mike McCarthy in this discussion? I remember he was among the names tossed in when the Niners were looking for a head coach during that Erickson-Nolan-Sing era.

Really? He was Alex's 1st OC. I can't imagine Nolan & McCarthy would have been in competition for the same job then wind up together on the same staff. Just doesn't make sense.

It does open up another question though... how much better would we have been had McCarthy stayed as OC for another couple of years? Our HC might not have been up for the job but the carousel at OC was a much bigger pile of puke
My apprentice will strike him down will all of your hate-tredd....

...soon.

/thread
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
This person must be a closet Seahawks fan who's thinking about coming out.
I would rather have my testicles smashed with a 25 pound sledge then have them doused with napalm than have to choose between those two...seriously.
[ Edited by Memphis9er on Oct 29, 2013 at 5:12 AM ]
pete carroll can EAD
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by swayze:
pete carroll can EAD

I am sure he has, many times.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Even when he laughs it looks like there's a dick in his ass. Can't stand that douche.

Is that what it looks like when a guy has a dick in his ass?

• MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by maltz88:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Even when he laughs it looks like there's a dick in his ass. Can't stand that douche.

Is that what it looks like when a guy has a dick in his ass?

Originally posted by YouGotGored:
Originally posted by 5xChamp:
Nolan brought us :

The man!

I'm gonna let you finish but...

• MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
Originally posted by 5xChamp:
Nolan brought us :

The man!

I'm gonna let you finish but...

Hmmm shall I drink or play vp/p
[ Edited by MarkD on Oct 29, 2013 at 8:36 AM ]
VP of player personnel (scot's position from '05-'07) =/= GM (which Nolan was from '05 till his "demotion" in early '08 before that year's draft)

Gore was Nolan's pick and he had final say.

http://m.sfgate.com/sports/article/49ers-push-McCloughan-out-as-GM-sources-say-3269942.php

^ this article argues otherwise, but clearly during his first 3 drafts that brought in much of the core of this team his position was subordinate to Nolan & considering McC's less than stellar picks in '08 & '09 (other than Crabs who basically fell into his lap) and despite some of those picks foisted on him by singletary, scot showed when running the draft on his own he didn't do as good as Nolan (arguably he wasn't given as much of a chance)
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Mike Nolan. f**k Pete Carroll.
Share 49ersWebzone