LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 221 users in the forums

Man, what a talent we have on our hands here...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Sorry but 3 Crabtree threads is a lot

the dreaded

if 3 crabtree threads are too much, what about the 30 smith threads?
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Nametaken49:
yeah hes a stud what i love about that clip is how many times he has to stop or turn around and come back to the ball lol damn alex if he didnt have to slow down or stop for every catch he might have had a few more TD's

And if he had gotten his ass into camp on time his timing with the QB's might be better.

He's not the only one getting sh*tty passes from Alex.

Nothing is ever Alex's fault, is it?
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
What a waste of his talent level. How many times does he have to slow down his route or come back to make a play ? If we keep Alex at QB, Crabs will bail ship as soon as he gets a chance....

Go spam your "Alex Smith sucks" rants in another thread.

-9fA

Can't say they don't correlate and that there isn't a bit of truth in there though. Some of us cannnot overlook the fact that the QB is still holding the team back and the perforance of the Wideouts. You know we haven't had a 1,000 receiver in so long. But lets blame that on the o-line too, right.

There's truth to the statement sure, but the only thing ZRF80 ever posts is one version or the other of "Smith sucks" in virtually any thread remotely connected to Smith.

Don't want to address your other points because I don't want to be hypocritical and turn this into a Smith thread myself.

-9fA
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by excelsior:
ZRF continues to make the same error of assuming Alex will never improve. How many times does he have to be embarrassed before he learns his lesson?

It took him 5 years to develop into an average QB.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for 49erRider.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by excelsior:
ZRF continues to make the same error of assuming Alex will never improve. How many times does he have to be embarrassed before he learns his lesson?

It took him 5 years to develop into an average QB.

An average QB who couldn't develop any sort of timing with his #1 WR after 12 weeks of practicing with him. But hey, that's all Crabtree's fault for missing training camp because there's no way a QB should be expected to develop better timing after only 12 weeks of practicing with a receiver, right?

[/sarcasm]

Alex couldn't put the ball in the right spot for Crabtree even in week 17 of the season! After 3 months of throwing to him every day in practice!

(By the way, I know Crabtree played 11 games, not 12, but he started practicing with Alex the week BEFORE he made his first start.)

I don't like it when I find myself having to put Alex down on this site, but it seems like people either hate him or ride his nuts, both in excess. I can understand the timing being off for the first few weeks, maybe even the first month, but if you can't develop chemistry with a guy you throw to every single day in practice, then it's probably a problem on the QB's end. The excuses made for Alex never end. I wish him success, but the people on this site that back him are just as bad as they think the anti-Alex crowd is.

In my opinion, we still don't have our QB of the future.

[ Edited by 49erRider on Jan 9, 2010 at 20:46:05 ]
Have you Alex bashers forgotten how many passes he had on the money (a number for sure TD's) that were dropped...by Crabtree, Vernon, Morgan? It takes two to complete passes...the thrower and the receiver. There's room for improvement all around.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Have you Alex bashers forgotten how many passes he had on the money (a number for sure TD's) that were dropped...by Crabtree, Vernon, Morgan? It takes two to complete passes...the thrower and the receiver. There's room for improvement all around.

This is the best post in this thread. Something realistic and constructive. Makes a lot of sense.
  • Tatnificent_40
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
What a waste of his talent level. How many times does he have to slow down his route or come back to make a play ? If we keep Alex at QB, Crabs will bail ship as soon as he gets a chance....

Go spam your "Alex Smith sucks" rants in another thread.

-9fA

Can't say they don't correlate and that there isn't a bit of truth in there though. Some of us cannnot overlook the fact that the QB is still holding the team back and the perforance of the Wideouts. You know we haven't had a 1,000 receiver in so long. But lets blame that on the o-line too, right.

Vernon Davis had 11 drops this season. Tied for first in the league. He had 965 yds receiving. If he catches even half of those 11 drops, he has 1000 yds. He also breaks the TE touchdown record because I know at least a couple of those were touchdowns.

Crabtree had 7 drops this season, tied for 16th. A couple of those were touchdowns.
I gotta say, Crabtree is going to be feared in a year or two among all defenses. Secondly, not trying to bash Smith, but he has GOT TO HIT CRABS IN THE FRIGGIN NUMBERS! He is going to get the guy killed, while having to reach for 90% of the passes...
add someone with some speed to complement him and to run off dbs and he will be unstopable.

I agree, but at the same time, people have obviously forgotten the off-target throws that forced the receivers to adjust to make the catches when, if thrown accurately, they could have easily gone for a TD. It seems Crabtree is always having to adjust to make his catches and there are about 4 plays I can think of off the top of my head that could have been TDs or big-yardage plays had the ball been placed in an ideal spot. A good QB puts the ball where it needs to be.

The point of my whole post was to shoot down the blame on Crabtree for missing training camp when it's the QB's fault to a higher degree, especially when the throws are STILL off-target after 3 months of practicing with the WR.
Originally posted by Giants9ersfan:

This is the best post in this thread. Something realistic and constructive. Makes a lot of sense.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

I agree, but at the same time, people have obviously forgotten the off-target throws that forced the receivers to adjust to make the catches when, if thrown accurately, they could have easily gone for a TD. It seems Crabtree is always having to adjust to make his catches and there are about 4 plays I can think of off the top of my head that could have been TDs or big-yardage plays had the ball been placed in an ideal spot. A good QB puts the ball where it needs to be.

The point of my whole post was to shoot down the blame on Crabtree for missing training camp when it's the QB's fault to a higher degree, especially when the throws are STILL off-target after 3 months of practicing with the WR.

Watch any Indy game and you'll see Peyton Manning's receivers making some great catches. Manning isn't always hitting his receivers in the hands.
Originally posted by Giants9ersfan:

It's the best post in the thread if you're looking to take some of the blame away from Alex Smith and spread it around.

VD drops balls because his hands aren't very good, but a lot of Crabtree's "drops" were due to the ball being placed in a bad spot. Watch the plays again. There weren't a whole lot of drops on easy TD catches like the post suggests. Crabtree dropped a few that he had no business dropping, but the frequency of that occurring is far lower than the frequency of Smith's passes being placed in a poor spot.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Sorry but 3 Crabtree threads is a lot

the dreaded

if 3 crabtree threads are too much, what about the 30 smith threads?

I don't see 30 Smith Highlight video threads.
Share 49ersWebzone