There are 192 users in the forums

For Fun: Favorite Win & Worst Loss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Fav Win = Arizona
Jags game gets a vote from me too because we just played clean.

Worse Loss = Seattle.

Honestly everyone keeps saying Min but I knew that sht would happen. Favre pwns us plain and simple I'm over it. The one in Seattle was so important for so many reasons. And the worst part is we had it and Smith drove us down the field TWICE to win that game. Statistically everything was there...unfortunately, even the 1 or 2 drops. I just really felt we had that game.

The Colts game pi$$ed me off too. We were UP at the half after a GREAT drive by Smith. We come out in the 2nd half and play conservaball and get beat by the most unconventional and wild play.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Another season in the books. We had a lot of highs and lows. We had some really good performances and some really bad ones. We where brilliant at times, inept at others. The team broke records, hearts and heads but one thing is for sure.... 49ers to the end!!! So with that being said:

Which win did you enjoy the most?
Sun Sep. 13 @Cardinals W 20-16
Sun Sep. 20 Seahawks W 23-10
Sun Oct. 4 Rams W 35-0
Thur Nov. 12 Bears W 10-6
Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars W 20-3
Mon Dec. 14 Cardinals W 24-9
Sun Dec. 27 Lions W 20-6
Sun Jan. 3 @Rams W 28-6

Which Lost Hurt the Most?
Sun Sep. 27 @Vikings L 24-27
Sun Oct. 11 Falcons L 10-45
Sun Oct. 25 @Texans L 21-24
Sun Nov. 1 @Colts L 14-18
Sun Nov. 8 Titans L 27-34
Sun Nov. 22 @Packers L 24-30
Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks L 17-20
Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles L 13-27

Sun Sep. 13 @Cardinals W 20-16 - Was GREAT!

Sun Sep. 27 @Vikings L 24-27 Hurt BAD, also changed the season ........ We win ....?!?!?!?!? Things might have been different!
Originally posted by erndoogie46:
Another season in the books. We had a lot of highs and lows. We had some really good performances and some really bad ones. We where brilliant at times, inept at others. The team broke records, hearts and heads but one thing is for sure.... 49ers to the end!!! So with that being said:

Which win did you enjoy the most?
Sun Sep. 13 @Cardinals W 20-16
Sun Sep. 20 Seahawks W 23-10
Sun Oct. 4 Rams W 35-0
Thur Nov. 12 Bears W 10-6
Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars W 20-3
Sun Dec. 27 Lions W 20-6
Sun Jan. 3 @Rams W 28-6

Which Lost Hurt the Most?
Sun Sep. 27 @Vikings L 24-27
Sun Oct. 11 Falcons L 10-45
Sun Oct. 25 @Texans L 21-24
Sun Nov. 1 @Colts L 14-18
Sun Nov. 8 Titans L 27-34
Sun Nov. 22 @Packers L 24-30
Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles L 13-27

Sun Sep. 13 @Cardinals W 20-16 - Was GREAT!

Sun Sep. 27 @Vikings L 24-27 Hurt BAD, also changed the season ........ We win ....?!?!?!?!? Things might have been different!

Agreed. That was when the team started slipping. I am soooooo sick of watching Brett Favre rip our hearts out!
Vikings loss by far. I had friends (Cowboys fans) over and they were all congratulating the 9ers and saying how good they looked and then Favre broke my heart. Then my friends tried to comfort me by saying, "he had to be out of bounds." But there was no comforting me, I said "Get the f*ck out of my house and leave your beer in my fridge."
Atlanta loss was humiliating our team showed no backbone in that one......
Originally posted by SFATeflonDon:
Win:

Loss:
The second AZ win and the Brett f*cking Favre loss. I get angry just typing that guy's name, lol.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
I loved the very first win against the Cardinals in their stadium. Was just a great way to start the season.

Worst loss was definitely against the Seahawks. A team we should've beaten and to put us in a potential race for the NFC all but shattered any hopes we had. Bah.

As a bonus, worst play of the year was definitely the Pass from Favre to Greg Lewis. I've never felt my heart lower so much.

I was at the AZ game and it was awesome. 100% agree with the 2 losses you mentioned.
best win, beating the f**k out of the cards on MNF.

Worst loss, losing to the seahawks, because we cant finish, and because the refs were on the seahawks payroll.
  • PlayAction
  • Info N/A
Favorite Win= Monday nite game vs. 'Zona! When this team could have given up after that sickening Seattle loss, they bounced back and showed the football nation that Niner pride we haven't seen here in years! To so convincingly beat a playoff bound team who still had a reason to play! Niners showed what might have been if it hadn't been for literally a handfull of plays.

Worst Loss=Minny. One of the most sickening losses I have seen by a Niner team since i've been following them (1980). This game IMO encapsulated the entire season; close, but no cigar. First off I had thought Niners had finally exorcised the ghost of Farve when we beat him and the Jets. The Niners were not expected to win in Minny..yet there they were. A great special teams play put them ahead with momentum just before the half ended. But then a equally great letdown by special teams gave it all back in the blink of a 101 yd return! Momentum gone. Mistake #1

A late td by SHill to VDavis puts Niners back in the lead! But just when one more set of first downs by Niners could have iced the game, Raye called for 3 runs into the middle of the line. Mistake#2.

On Minnys next to last drive Dre' Bly had the game in his hands, but dropped an apparent interception. Mistake #3

And then the unthinkable. When asked after the game why Niners didn't blitz on the last play...Manusky said: "Farve was beating the blitz earlier in game" any coach worth his paycheck knows that "changing" situations on the field have to dictate plays called on offense and defense. Farve had indeed earlier in game beat a couple of bltzes with short dump off passes. But now he and Minny had just 12 seconds left and no timeouts!

If you can stand to watch this play on YouTube you'll see Niners sent 4 men to rush vs Minnys 6 to block. Mistake #4.

Justin Smith's arm brushes Farves shoulder...a second after Farve released ball Lawson crushes him from behind...Farve was on the ground when GLewis a rookie (who didnt catch another td all season) evades MRoman and catches ball in back of endzone within a cleat of being out of bounds...

Don't know how much this game took out of team mentally; but after beating Rams they seemed to spiral down into a pit of self-destruction; and therefore couldnt find a way to win any one of three winable games on the road vs. Colts, Texans and Seattle.

Go Niners in 2010!!

• luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Favorite win(s) Arizona

Most painful loss Minnesota
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by SFATeflonDon:
Win:

Loss:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Favorite win(s) Arizona

I'd have to agree but that Seattle loss was a close 2nd. That pretty much ended our playoffs hopes.

this
Favorite win(s) Arizona

Fav win was Arizona on MNF

Worst loss had to be Atlanta. We just looked inept that day. Minnesota may be the biggest heartbreaker.
Share 49ersWebzone