LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

Should Mike Singletary return as the Niners Head Coach?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should Mike Singletary return as the Niners Head Coach?

Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Given that he's a "Rookie" HC, and given that we'll more than likely end the season at 8-8(something that hasn't happened in 7 years I believe), I have no problem with Sing returning next season.

I'm not happy that we didn't make take the Division, but I am happy that it was not business as usual when the Run game did not live up to the plan of attack that Sing wanted. He adapted and for the first time in a long time it was exciting to be a 9er fan.

I'm sorry but anyone who believes otherwise just had unreasonable expectations on the season. Granted they were instilled by Sing and Jed before the season even Started.

~Ceadder

Thank you for being reasonable because anybody that wants to fire a rookie HC for having some timeout & lineup snafus is not.

This looked like an 8-8 team before the season started and that's exactly what showed up. He met expectations. Gutting the whole coaching staff and starting all over (as the new HC will want to bring in the type of players he likes, not necessarily what we have) makes little sense at this point.
Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Given that he's a "Rookie" HC, and given that we'll more than likely end the season at 8-8(something that hasn't happened in 7 years I believe), I have no problem with Sing returning next season.

I'm not happy that we didn't make take the Division, but I am happy that it was not business as usual when the Run game did not live up to the plan of attack that Sing wanted. He adapted and for the first time in a long time it was exciting to be a 9er fan.

I'm sorry but anyone who believes otherwise just had unreasonable expectations on the season. Granted they were instilled by Sing and Jed before the season even Started.

~Ceadder

Thank you for being reasonable because anybody that wants to fire a rookie HC for having some timeout & lineup snafus is not.

This looked like an 8-8 team before the season started and that's exactly what showed up. He met expectations. Gutting the whole coaching staff and starting all over (as the new HC will want to bring in the type of players he likes, not necessarily what we have) makes little sense at this point.

WAT?!?! U IZ CRAZI! DIS TEEM HAS ALX SMITH AND SHAUN HILL = SB!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
no he iz baddie coach, he stupid Nolna >>> Sing fire nao!! higher a guUUuuUd coach, no SB! we needz coach to be 17-0!! Alex Smith amazing QB and Shaun Hill, we should be playoffs EAZYZ , FIREZ SING NAO.

Wow, thanks for clearing that up for us.. That makes perfect sense
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
no he iz baddie coach, he stupid Nolna >>> Sing fire nao!! higher a guUUuuUd coach, no SB! we needz coach to be 17-0!! Alex Smith amazing QB and Shaun Hill, we should be playoffs EAZYZ , FIREZ SING NAO.

U IZ VEWY WELCUM!
If you thought we were going to be a playoff team this year, you had some really high expectations from a team with our holes and a rookie head coach. Maybe you should temper your expectation with a dose of reality next year.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
If you thought we were going to be a playoff team this year, you had some really high expectations from a team with our holes and a rookie head coach. Maybe you should temper your expectation with a dose of reality next year.

Yeah, cause high expectations are for losers.... If that's going to be the mindset, then this franchise should move to Memphis and become the Showboats.

Realistcally the Niners should have made the playoff this year. The close games against Minnesota, Colts, Texans, and Tennessee should have been won. The offense came up short against Seattle in the second game. I mean there were opportunities to win more that would have put us in the playoffs.

We proved that we can play with and are just as good as Arizona, Minnesota, and even the Colts. All playoff teams.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

Wow this is why they shouldn't teach ebonics in schools, Leave the leet speak for WoW trade channel please.
Originally posted by posterX:

Yeah, cause high expectations are for losers.... If that's going to be the mindset, then this franchise should move to Memphis and become the Showboats.

high expectations are fine. Not understanding the context is what gets many people irate. This team wanted to go to the playoffs and many people here hoped, and many others expected to be in the playoffs. The problem is, those who expected to be in the playoffs are now mad because the team isn't in the playoffs. But they fail to take into account all the questions the team had going into a season that legitimate playoff teams don't have.

This team wasn't a playoff team from the beginning and those who are really realists understand that the playoffs were going to be something that the team lucked into rather than earned.

Next year is the year. There are no more chances, no excuses. The team has a legit No. 1 WR, continuity on offense, a QB putting up good numbers, and a legit D.

Fill in the holes in the offseason (PR/KR, OL, speed in general) and this team can make a legitimate run at the NFC west crown. They'll most likely get booted in the wild card round, but it's a start.
Those of you who said no probably should just get the f**k over it. Nothing is changing in our front office this year. Stop b***hing!

Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by posterX:

high expectations are fine. Not understanding the context is what gets many people irate. This team wanted to go to the playoffs and many people here hoped, and many others expected to be in the playoffs. The problem is, those who expected to be in the playoffs are now mad because the team isn't in the playoffs. But they fail to take into account all the questions the team had going into a season that legitimate playoff teams don't have.

This team wasn't a playoff team from the beginning and those who are really realists understand that the playoffs were going to be something that the team lucked into rather than earned.

Next year is the year. There are no more chances, no excuses. The team has a legit No. 1 WR, continuity on offense, a QB putting up good numbers, and a legit D.

Fill in the holes in the offseason (PR/KR, OL, speed in general) and this team can make a legitimate run at the NFC west crown. They'll most likely get booted in the wild card round, but it's a start.

Yes I do tend to agree. My concern, though, is that this may just not be be the best offseason to acquire a line, thanks to CBA.

So if we want an O which works next year, we may have to rely on starting 2 rookies on the line. That's a worry
Share 49ersWebzone