There are 217 users in the forums

Only NFL team with a losing record that scored more than given up

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
it's pathetic how we can only score 20 points against one of the worst teams in the league that managed to hand us the ball over 4 times. Or was it 5? Either way, pathetic.

cardinals barely made it through.
I think this goes to show how inept the offense is and how the defense was much more efficient.
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by kronik:
Is the SF Niners. 302 - 275 pts. What does this mean? I think it's a positive sign for next season.

The difference is almost completely explained by the (surprisingly unimpressive) 35-0 shutout of the Lambs in Week 2.

So according to you, other teams don't have blowout wins either huh. Just ours. And I guess we were the only team that played against bad teams.
LETS ADD TO THE SCORE 35-O AGAIN!!!!
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
it's pathetic how we can only score 20 points against one of the worst teams in the league that managed to hand us the ball over 4 times. Or was it 5? Either way, pathetic.
Interesting stat. Don't know if I should be a Negative Nancy, or f I should be hopeful for next year (yet again)
Originally posted by kray28:
Is the SF Niners. 302 - 275 pts. What does this mean? I think it's a positive sign for next season.

The difference is almost completely explained by the (surprisingly unimpressive) 35-0 shutout of the Lambs in Week 2.

...which is completely negated by the 45-10 loss to the Falcons. So... what's your point again?
I think the number one problem is the play calling,we need to run more when they expect pass,pass more when they expect run. Use more motion in our formations.WE NEVER CONVERT ON 3RD DOWN! and its because of the horrible wastes of first down diving into the teeth of a stacked defense,and then throwing on third because its 3rd and 9 or 14 if Vernon didnt jump offsides..Play calling really needs to get better next year...

You're darn right it does. Barring a disaster in St. Louis, 2009 will be the first time since 2003 that the Niners finish with more points scored than points allowed.
We are exactly like last year's Packers, it seems.

Originally posted by Mister49:
I think the number one problem is the play calling,we need to run more when they expect pass,pass more when they expect run. Use more motion in our formations.WE NEVER CONVERT ON 3RD DOWN! and its because of the horrible wastes of first down diving into the teeth of a stacked defense,and then throwing on third because its 3rd and 9 or 14 if Vernon didnt jump offsides..Play calling really needs to get better next year...

Agreed.... we need a better offensive coordinator, obviously Raye is mediocre at best. Why wait another year to get a good offense?
I think part of the problem is that once we get any kind of lead, we tend to go conservative. By that I mean, we are running the ball on 1st down nearly every time, and then again on 2nd. We then to find ourselves in 3rd and 7-10, and try to get Alex to throw for it.(This is the point where the zone explodes about how bad Alex/Raye/O-line are). I think our lack of 3rd down conversions is partly on Alex not making plays, but also the fact that we keep putting him in these bulls**t situations where the D knows exactly what we are doing.
Did I miss something? Did we lose today?

I guess it's a sign of progress when we fans are complaining about a win...
[ Edited by GoFD74 on Dec 27, 2009 at 11:55 PM ]
Originally posted by GoFD74:

No man we won, but we did not win perfectly.

And you know the formula

Not having complete perfection = Zone saying "_____" sucks, or "______" needs to be fired.
Originally posted by The_Distort:
Originally posted by GoFD74:

No man we won, but we did not win perfectly.

And you know the formula

Not having complete perfection = Zone saying "_____" sucks, or "______" needs to be fired.

I hear ya....that's Niner talk for you.

As for me, I'm happy that we didn't play well and we won anyway. It's emotionally tough coming off the loss that ended your season (the Philly game) and trying to get up for the Lions at home. But somehow, we managed to win which is the bottom line in the NFL.

There's no such thing as style points, my brothers.
Share 49ersWebzone