LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 165 users in the forums

did anbody else here what??????

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
I didn't notice any lack of effort on the 49ers' part. The offense is simply inept. The Lions came out motivated and refs weren't calling penalties (Lions holding, etc.) The Niners' defense seemed great. The were playing tough even when the game was decided.

If you want to call out the refs, I think you ought to relook at the pass from Smith to Davis for a TD. That should have been an illegal forward pass. If we were playing the Eagles, Giants, Dallas, Pats, or any other perceived Eastern Powerhouse, that call would have been overturned. Clearly, Smith had to reason to throw that pass, as he could have just stepped into the end zone for a TD.

I strongly dislike blaming refs for performance.

I believe the rule is that the quarterback's entire body has to be past the line, not just the ball or the feet. So although his foot was over the line, his entire body was not.

that is correct. The commentators even mentioned this. They also stated that their blue line was not official. The ref also needs sufficient evidence to overturn the call on the field.
Yeah I heard what he said, he said he is staying in Morgan Hill. Now I'm going to go look for him. He also said he resides in Pomona, I'm going to have to pay my cousin a visit too.
I can believe it. I would actually have a hard time being motivated too. Knowing yet again your not in the post season
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
I didn't notice any lack of effort on the 49ers' part. The offense is simply inept. The Lions came out motivated and refs weren't calling penalties (Lions holding, etc.) The Niners' defense seemed great. The were playing tough even when the game was decided.

If you want to call out the refs, I think you ought to relook at the pass from Smith to Davis for a TD. That should have been an illegal forward pass. If we were playing the Eagles, Giants, Dallas, Pats, or any other perceived Eastern Powerhouse, that call would have been overturned. Clearly, Smith had to reason to throw that pass, as he could have just stepped into the end zone for a TD.

I strongly dislike blaming refs for performance.

I didn't mean to mention the refs as an excuse. I agree with you that blaming the refs for weak performance is useless.

I noted the refs (perhaps not bringing their best game to a late-season game between losing teams) because it coupled with the Lions' early, disruptive excitement. The Cardinals were similarly motivated in the MNF game. But they got called for offsides in the first drive and their excitement was thwarted unlike the Lions. It's not surprising the Niners had more success in the second half against the Lions.
Originally posted by da209:
delanie wlkersaid on the postgame??? They sked hn what hppn in the first qrt. nd he replied by saying alot of guys were not motivated, for the season was over andhad nothing to play for!! they were looking to go home and soo on.... I wonder who hose playrs were?

Uhh.. What?
Share 49ersWebzone