LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Does win over Lions make you feel any better about this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does win over Lions make you feel any better about this season?

I was really hoping and expecting us to come out and dominate and play a really good 4 quarters of football and instead our O-Line struggled against guys who are backup's at best, Alex Smith continued to be inconsistent and while our defense played well, they hardly dominated either.
we beat a bad team playing their 3rd string QB at home. We got 5 turnovers and only 20 points. The interior of our OL got manhandled all day. Hard to feel good about that.
  • dj43
Yes, they beat a team they were supposed to beat, and they did it handily. Detroit never seriously challenged after the first quarter.
We should of put 40 on these foos
We proved we are the best team in the league today!
Originally posted by cooljon16:
We proved we are the best team in the league today!

As far as us and the Lions?
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
you know whats funny, good thing that we arent in the locker room, because soo many of you would be kill joys. They playing to finish strong, and ya'll still b***hin after the win. 1td no turnovers, from 3int's last week.

We win the game once again, and we still find more to b***h about. We might as well lost the game.

And then there are some that say, well maybe your ok with mediocrity, but i aint.

To that i say oh yeah, tell me today, our playeres didnt look like they had any intensity. If the team can be amped up, who the hell are we as fans to take their joy away.

I just think some really need to just support the team. We won, so how about we enjoy it.

All I know is that Shawntee Spencer needs to be going to the Pro Bowl. Man, this man is a top-flight corner. Very under-rated
Originally posted by cestmoi:
Uh, it makes me feel a hell of a lot better than if we lost to them, that's for sure.

and WOW our o-line stinks!
I hate all the posters here. Everybody is so irrational. Our o-line is not bad. We called about 20 pass plays in a row. Pretty easy pickings for d-lineman when they don't have to respect the run. And we dominated this team, it took a minute to get all the gears caught up. This proves that we are a middle of the pack team that should and does destroy bad teams. 8-8 aint bad.
Originally posted by pelos21:
We should of put 40 on these foos

I was saying 30 being conservative, so yes, I was pissed at halftime. Im sorry but after our first 3rd down conversion, they displayed the stats showing it was our first in 17 attempts, 17 !! At some point, that mediocrity has to fall on Alex. HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE OUR LEADER. He needs to be able to improvise better with decisions to keep the ball moving. Heck man, audible out of that crap WR screen when you got safeties up. Damn, Alex should know how his oline works by now and what he's going to get with them. Tuck and run anybody. 1-17 is bad.

Kind of, but not really. Finishing 8-8 matters, but I didn't like what the offense showed us today.

When you consider how many turnovers the defense got and how long our offense allowed the Lions to stay in the game, than I don't see how you can feel great about this team moving forward. Its clear we have a lot of work to do before we can realistically expect a playoff run.
[ Edited by Overkill on Dec 27, 2009 at 6:08 PM ]
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
you know whats funny, good thing that we arent in the locker room, because soo many of you would be kill joys. They playing to finish strong, and ya'll still b***hin after the win. 1td no turnovers, from 3int's last week.

We win the game once again, and we still find more to b***h about. We might as well lost the game.

And then there are some that say, well maybe your ok with mediocrity, but i aint.

To that i say oh yeah, tell me today, our playeres didnt look like they had any intensity. If the team can be amped up, who the hell are we as fans to take their joy away.

I just think some really need to just support the team. We won, so how about we enjoy it.

All I know is that Shawntee Spencer needs to be going to the Pro Bowl. Man, this man is a top-flight corner. Very under-rated

dude is 100% more lock down than nate and this coming from tearing his acl last yr
Originally posted by cooljon16:
I hate all the posters here. Everybody is so irrational. Our o-line is not bad. We called about 20 pass plays in a row. Pretty easy pickings for d-lineman when they don't have to respect the run. And we dominated this team, it took a minute to get all the gears caught up. This proves that we are a middle of the pack team that should and does destroy bad teams. 8-8 aint bad.

these two statements are false, i'm sorry i have to disagree.
#1 -- our o-line is absolutely terrible if you do not see this, then i'm not sure what you're watching. they get dominated at the point of attack, miss assignments. hell, the first play of the game the edge rusher was not TOUCHED on his way to a sack. this statement is ludicrous. we have swiss cheese for a line. how is it that DETROIT -- the lowliest of teams -- had consistent pressure on alex? he's back-pedaling/flushed out on half of his drop-backs.

#2 we do NOT destroy bad teams. we should, but we dont. i watched this game live i don't remember the exact number of turnovers -- but we capitalized on only a couple of them. we missed a 4th and 1 -- another woe from our terrible o-line -- and then got a FG blocked. a "good" team converts all of this.

I agree with your optimism however, and do hope that we connect the right dots and become a team that can and does blow out s**ttier teams while keeping close, physical dog fights with good teams (and pulling out/closing out a win!)
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Dec 27, 2009 at 6:09 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Yes, the niners went out and struggled against worst team in football, where the offense only mustered up 20 points even when the defense gave them great field position with 6 turnovers. And our number one pick Qb played very shaky.

The niners went out and ........... totally redeemed themselves !!!!

• Antix
  • Veteran
well if we woulda lost hell would have broke lose in here, but I don't feel any better or worse about the team after this victory.
Share 49ersWebzone