• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Do I have to remind everyone that Jedi Master Jed York has just recently taken over this franchise and since then he's brought us Jim Harbaugh and brought the WCO back to it's roots?!

No no they're all evil. Evil I tell ya. It's the York family curse since the olden times. They're dark evil people and they are purposefully destroying this team.

Beware! Beeewaaaarrreee!

To me it's not rocket science. FAs dont wont want to come here until we start showing that we can win something. It's a little bit of the chicken or the egg, but it's the facts. So unless we are prepaired to throw out ungodly amounts of money, we aren't going to be contenders. Here's to Harbaugh working Moses type miracles...

Oakland

Bud, I'm not debating this point at all. You're absolutely right on this one. I have issue with it not even being the end of FA and there's a wholesale ship-jumping going on. I think it's a little premature no? We haven't played game one nor gone through TC, seen what other players teams will cut, there are sooo many FA available now that could fill holes.

I find it irrational that we are crying en mass over Baas - a player who just made it off the bench and that was only because Heitman was hurt. Baas hasn't been healthy a complete season since last year and now getting paid top 3 OC money. Baas is solid but that good?

I like Nnandi - I do - but not enough to pay him more than Patrick Willis at this point.

Joseph I assume likes the Texans and he IMHO, was clearly overpaid. Clearly.

I don't want to break the bank for 30+ year old FAs or guys with one solid year of performance. That doesn't make sense to me when my star RB is holding out and maybe I can extend him maybe a couple years and get him back to my team. I want to sign solid FA role-players who can start and fill certain needs.

Last but not least, is coaching. I can't say it enough how pathetic the coaching on this team has been for the past few seasons. Jerry Sullivan. Warhop. Hostler. Raye. On and on and on. A group completely incapable of in-game adjustments and sustaining a gameplan that works. If anything I've questioned the people coaching this team for a very long time.

I'd actually like to see them finish FA, be coached by NFL-calibur guys and with a HC who for once understand that offense is more than HB lead right.

I'm know patience is waning but I thought I'd be posting something like this after the second loss, no the day FA signing period starts.

Crabtree has consistently been a disappointment - no shock there.
Let Levitt coach the new young set of LBs
Let's see what Franklin can do at NT being coached by Fangio

I'm not saying I know things will turn out - I don't but I think I can't go all gloom and doom before the first practice....

Right?

Sorry, my post wasn't directed at you. I was just riding your coat-tails. I agree with everything you said, 100 percent.

Oakland - didn't take it personally for one moment bud. You're one of the more rational guys here. Love discussing football with you.

I love you guys. Be my friends? ::hugs::
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
190437823552323 = Lowell Cohn
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

FA isn't started yet.

Fixed.
Originally posted by 190836:
This thread is hilarious.

What's sad is that it's driven by vets.

NinerGM=Jed York

Yep sure am and I've brought this team closer to a new stadium than uncle Eddie did.

Not really, you and your dad have brought a decade of losing streak not sat culture to this once great franchise.

Me AND my dad? Really? So Jed is now doing the SAME thing his dad is? I get being upset and frustrated but lying about history is just kinda sad.

Absolutely, what has he done that makes him the savior. He(you) is a kid trusted into this position by his mom and dad. The same business philosophy is still being run by him(you). His uncle has five SBs to show, how about the Yorks? You are right, eight losing seasons in a row.

Yes Five SBs and directly responsible for the 49ers going to the Yorks or did you forget that part. Yes, yes everyone loves to talk about the SBs but no one wants to talk about the circumstances that FORCED Eddie to give the team to his sister. Or try and convince the city of SF that a new stadium could be built attached to a mall for only $500 million - LOL.

Nope.

Let's ignore that and put it over here and forget about it....

You are missing the point, The way Eddie lost the team had no bearing on how Yorks have been running the team for the past decade. How do you explain them withholding Bill Walsh's money then? They have brought a K Mart mentality and culture to this team, and its evident. Even if we blame Eddie and the city of SF for Yorks down fall, how do you explain eight straight losing season? How do you explain this years FA and losing several starters without replacing them?

Oh please. Eddie almost fired Bill Walsh. I explain 8 straight losing seasons on a number of things - a series of bad decisions, not all made by the Yorks and some by Bill Walsh himself (Terry Donahue).

You're missing MY point - which is you guys are oversimplifying a decade of history into sound bites you heard from Michael Lombardi, ESPN and a bunch of East Coast biased chumps. The Dolphins are in much, much worse shape and have been over the years yet don't get anywhere NEAR as much criticism as the Niners.

Last time I checked the Yorks don't coach players. They don't game plan. They don't condition players. They are responsible for bringing in talent. Now the "cheap" charge may have been the case for the first couple of seasons (orchestrated by Donahue), but it's simply irresponsible to say the 49ers have been "cheap" for the past 3 seasons. And especially THIS season - this coaching staff alone is billing at a higher amount than last season and they should ....

And how do I explain this years FA and losing THREE starters - THREE - not several - THREE - without replacing them? I explain that by stating the obvious -

FA isn't over yet.

I usually argue with NinerGM (no offense), but for the most part I agree with him here. Things go in cycle. The niners are rebuilding and shouldn't spend recklessly like the skins when they are not there.

It is not who he is the fastest that wins, but he that endures and makes sane moves. The patriots who many admire-don't hardly dive in face first into Freee agency, they pick up players here and there that will help, but never overspend. History has shown that those who dive in face first to make a splash, usually regret it. I can give you tons of examples, but then it would just be more fodder for the complainers to turn around and say why the hell did we do this.

Everybody is complaining about Franklin being let go, I would like him to stay, but am not up in arms, why remember Dana Stubblefield? Turned out we were right and the skins who threw money ended up chaffing at the bit, and stubs as a player meant more to the niners than Franklin does. TKO? love the guy, but maybe a jinx? Everyteam he played on wallowed in misery, maybe the curse will be lifted (by the way I am being sarcastic-for those that are clueless).

Let the coaches coach and see what we have and get some players at the price they are really worth and not overpay, people complained about Nates contract yet they want us to just spend. Whether we like it or not JH and his staff, for all he is worth has to prove themselves to the players-damn his college success, what can you do in the pros. Once they establish that players will come around, but if you spend all that money now, you might not have that money later.

With that said, I would like to get Olin Kreutz. The niners also should have gone after Joseph first in hindsight-but no sense crying over spilt milk.
Originally posted by WildBill:
This thread is hilarious.

What's sad is that it's driven by vets.

NinerGM=Jed York

Yep sure am and I've brought this team closer to a new stadium than uncle Eddie did.

Not really, you and your dad have brought a decade of losing streak not sat culture to this once great franchise.

Me AND my dad? Really? So Jed is now doing the SAME thing his dad is? I get being upset and frustrated but lying about history is just kinda sad.

Absolutely, what has he done that makes him the savior. He(you) is a kid trusted into this position by his mom and dad. The same business philosophy is still being run by him(you). His uncle has five SBs to show, how about the Yorks? You are right, eight losing seasons in a row.

Yes Five SBs and directly responsible for the 49ers going to the Yorks or did you forget that part. Yes, yes everyone loves to talk about the SBs but no one wants to talk about the circumstances that FORCED Eddie to give the team to his sister. Or try and convince the city of SF that a new stadium could be built attached to a mall for only $500 million - LOL.

Nope.

Let's ignore that and put it over here and forget about it....

You are missing the point, The way Eddie lost the team had no bearing on how Yorks have been running the team for the past decade. How do you explain them withholding Bill Walsh's money then? They have brought a K Mart mentality and culture to this team, and its evident. Even if we blame Eddie and the city of SF for Yorks down fall, how do you explain eight straight losing season? How do you explain this years FA and losing several starters without replacing them?

Oh please. Eddie almost fired Bill Walsh. I explain 8 straight losing seasons on a number of things - a series of bad decisions, not all made by the Yorks and some by Bill Walsh himself (Terry Donahue).

You're missing MY point - which is you guys are oversimplifying a decade of history into sound bites you heard from Michael Lombardi, ESPN and a bunch of East Coast biased chumps. The Dolphins are in much, much worse shape and have been over the years yet don't get anywhere NEAR as much criticism as the Niners.

Last time I checked the Yorks don't coach players. They don't game plan. They don't condition players. They are responsible for bringing in talent. Now the "cheap" charge may have been the case for the first couple of seasons (orchestrated by Donahue), but it's simply irresponsible to say the 49ers have been "cheap" for the past 3 seasons. And especially THIS season - this coaching staff alone is billing at a higher amount than last season and they should ....

And how do I explain this years FA and losing THREE starters - THREE - not several - THREE - without replacing them? I explain that by stating the obvious -

FA isn't over yet.

I usually argue with NinerGM (no offense), but for the most part I agree with him here. Things go in cycle. The niners are rebuilding and shouldn't spend recklessly like the skins when they are not there.

It is not who he is the fastest that wins, but he that endures and makes sane moves. The patriots who many admire-don't hardly dive in face first into Freee agency, they pick up players here and there that will help, but never overspend. History has shown that those who dive in face first to make a splash, usually regret it. I can give you tons of examples, but then it would just be more fodder for the complainers to turn around and say why the hell did we do this.

Everybody is complaining about Franklin being let go, I would like him to stay, but am not up in arms, why remember Dana Stubblefield? Turned out we were right and the skins who threw money ended up chaffing at the bit, and stubs as a player meant more to the niners than Franklin does. TKO? love the guy, but maybe a jinx? Everyteam he played on wallowed in misery, maybe the curse will be lifted (by the way I am being sarcastic-for those that are clueless).

Let the coaches coach and see what we have and get some players at the price they are really worth and not overpay, people complained about Nates contract yet they want us to just spend. Whether we like it or not JH and his staff, for all he is worth has to prove themselves to the players-damn his college success, what can you do in the pros. Once they establish that players will come around, but if you spend all that money now, you might not have that money later.

With that said, I would like to get Olin Kreutz. The niners also should have gone after Joseph first in hindsight-but no sense crying over spilt milk.

But it wouldn't be Niner Talk. We're seeing 6 months of frustration due to zero off season spew all over cyberspace and the air waves.

[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Jul 29, 2011 at 14:27:44 ]
49er fans seem to have a short memory when it comes to who they dish out scathing insults. I think one key player in this entire resurrection that has played a major role has been Owner Jed York.

• On his 2nd day as Owner/President, York signed Mike Singletary on as Head Coach, removing the interim tag. Seems hard to believe but Singletary was a coach that had these current 49er players believing in themselves again. And that started a change in this organization's mentality.
  • During York's first year, the 49ers barely missed the playoffs in 2009-10, going 8-8. York dumped GM Scott McCloughan and hired Trent Baalke as his interim guy.
  • After York's second year, when Singletary had the 49ers at 5-10 in 2010-11, York wasted no time in firing Singletary, naming an interim coach in Tomsula, then hiring Trent Baalke permanently and bringing Jim Harbaugh on board.

That was Jed York's first chance to clean the slate and get his own people on board. People might have short memories but remember how you felt about the 49ers in January 2011 (ya, earlier this year)... we were only a few weeks out of the Singletary era and fans were pissed.

Now look what has happened so far in 2011-12. Just 6 games into the season, and now we are a Top 5 team according to the mainstream sports media. That's an amazing turnaround and the Owner that set things in motion from December 28, 2008 until last Sunday's game at Detroit on October 16, 2011 is Jed York.

For all the s**t he has taken in less than 3 years as Owner, I think he deserves some respect. He sure as hell is doing about as damn good a job emulating his Uncle as anyone could have imagined. And the culture has now changed so much, with players openly appreciating Ownership (when is the last time we heard that???), that Free Agents will now want to come back to San Francisco.

Kudos to you, Jed York. Keep it up! Go 49ers!
Originally posted by skaw23:
49er fans seem to have a short memory when it comes to who they dish out scathing insults. I think one key player in this entire resurrection that has played a major role has been Owner Jed York.

• On his 2nd day as Owner/President, York signed Mike Singletary on as Head Coach, removing the interim tag. Seems hard to believe but Singletary was a coach that had these current 49er players believing in themselves again. And that started a change in this organization's mentality.
  • During York's first year, the 49ers barely missed the playoffs in 2009-10, going 8-8. York dumped GM Scott McCloughan and hired Trent Baalke as his interim guy.
  • After York's second year, when Singletary had the 49ers at 5-10 in 2010-11, York wasted no time in firing Singletary, naming an interim coach in Tomsula, then hiring Trent Baalke permanently and bringing Jim Harbaugh on board.

That was Jed York's first chance to clean the slate and get his own people on board. People might have short memories but remember how you felt about the 49ers in January 2011 (ya, earlier this year)... we were only a few weeks out of the Singletary era and fans were pissed.

Now look what has happened so far in 2011-12. Just 6 games into the season, and now we are a Top 5 team according to the mainstream sports media. That's an amazing turnaround and the Owner that set things in motion from December 28, 2008 until last Sunday's game at Detroit on October 16, 2011 is Jed York.

For all the s**t he has taken in less than 3 years as Owner, I think he deserves some respect. He sure as hell is doing about as damn good a job emulating his Uncle as anyone could have imagined. And the culture has now changed so much, with players openly appreciating Ownership (when is the last time we heard that???), that Free Agents will now want to come back to San Francisco.

Kudos to you, Jed York. Keep it up! Go 49ers!

Team owner John York is the new chair of the health and medical committee and team owner/pres Jed York is the new savior and the negative owner Denise York talk. I get dizzy about which 49er owner is really in charge.
Good work, Yorks. Took a long while and we had some bad luck on the way (Walsh's man TDon) but you have learnt and the team is now clearly moving in the right direction.

Thank you
Originally posted by English:
Good work, Yorks. Took a long while and we had some bad luck on the way (Walsh's man TDon) but you have learnt and the team is now clearly moving in the right direction.

Thank you

I'll wait and see longer than 6 games to make that judgement. Also, I'll hold this judgement until we get a new stadium built and stay in the Bay Area. Then, AND ONLY THEN, I may recognize them as DECENT and COMPETENT owners...
Share 49ersWebzone