LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

The refs find a way to screw us again

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So im watching Sports Center right now and they show Zonas Lone TD from Wells. I missed it at the time but the clock hit double zeros before they snapped the ball. Trent Dilfer says the play should have never counted.

Why do we always get screwed by the refs?
Originally posted by MadMartz:
So im watching Sports Center right now and they show Zonas Lone TD from Wells. I missed it at the time but the clock hit double zeros before they snapped the ball. Trent Dilfer says the play should have never counted.

Shiz happens; we don’t need to have a persecution complex over it. We just need to play at a higher level.

Defense would have only given up 6 points all game if they just went for a FG there.

If we had a challenge, I think that's a challenge-able play though.

[ Edited by Method on Dec 15, 2009 at 10:30:41 ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Yah man the f**king refs hate us.

NFL needs to realize that its in the NFL's best interest if the niners are good team. Roger Goodell needs to inform the Ref's of this.
  • NinerDoug
  • Info N/A

At least it didn't cost us the game this time. Last week was an officiating nightmare.
Ummm....correct me if I'm wrong...but Smith should have only 1 INT last night.

I do believe that Dockett dropped that ball as his 2nd foot was coming down...which would make it an imcomplete pass.

But what do I know...
yea, i noticed that as well. You win some, you lose some. It's all part of the game. Last nights officiating crew seemed like a bunch of rookies.
Every teams fan bases feel the same. They human they screw up. If you watch that play Manny was just standing there instead of trying to pull Wells backwards when Wells was making his second push. I was glad they didn't give Howlings that td late when he fell just short of the goal line then Willis hit him. i didn't think they had any reviews left, and at that time the clock wasn't under 2 minutes. Refs make calls to screw every team every game. You just have to be good enough to overcome bad calls point blank.
Originally posted by Method:

Defense would have only given up 6 points all game if they just went for a FG there.

sure is.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by Method:

sure is.

I think if you win 1 out of the 2 you should get another. Why should you have to win both to get another. I say if you win the first and not the second you get another, lose the first win the second get another. IF you win the third one (so you would be 2/3) you should get a 4th one. Lose the 3rd one you would get no more.

bad teams get bad calls(ex: the past 8 seasons)

when we were good we got the calls (ex:rice fumble against gb in wildcard game)
Good point. Oh well, I think it evened out because I think Fitz should have been credited for a catch on that long ball. Still don't know how they can call it incomplete when it didn't even hit the ground. It's either a catch or a pick.
Originally posted by pete98146:
Good point. Oh well, I think it evened out because I think Fitz should have been credited for a catch on that long ball. Still don't know how they can call it incomplete when it didn't even hit the ground. It's either a catch or a pick.

it did hit the ground when Goldson grabbed it. It all comes down to that maintain possession after you hit the ground thing. I thought they were gonna screw it up and call it a catch. Great effort by Fitz. Dude has some strong hands.
every team's fans say this. If you think we got screwed check out the pass interfernce call against Atlanta when the corner made the interception. That would have won the game for them.

Happens every week.

sorry to say it wasn't a blown call
as mike pereira explained in one of his referees review on NFLN last year, when the clock goes to 00 the refs then take a look at the center and if he has not snapped the ball then it's a penalty. Here warner just make the snap a few tens of a second after 00 so when the ref looked at the center he just snapped the ball
No flags !
Share 49ersWebzone