LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 203 users in the forums

The truth of which type of offense scores more

Shop Find 49ers gear online
You are flat out wrong if you think Hill would of kept his "success" consistently. He was burning out and it was obvious. Smith is better than Hill. Please stop.

It's just more propaganda from Joecool.
Originally posted by Joecool:
You guys are blind.

Average points per game with 5.5 games with Hill:

Average points per game with 6.5 games with Smith:

I included Alexs Houston half.

I still think Smith should start, but this spread B.S. is what it is, B.S., especially this
Double TE I am not going to run the ball offense is a Joke.

We need to get our best receivers out there.

And to think, we didn't have Crabs then and Gore was out for 3 games.

Blind I tell ya!

Your stats are totally wrong. Smith has produced about 20.5 pts per game and, if you subtract defensive scoring, Hill put up about 15.5 points per game. About 1/3 more production WITHOUT his starting Left Tackle.
i think you should change your name. Joe Montana would b***h slap you if he saw the kind of crap u post up lately

the games we lost with Hill were lost because he couldnt move the ball, and frank gore scored most of Hill's points. Alex, if youve been paying attention, scores points by distributing to his receivers, thats why he is throwing 2 to 3 TD's a game, Hill didnt score s**t for almost 2 games before he was finally benched. the defense killed us in a few games that we shouldve won. we have scored more than enough points to win these past few weeks but the defense lets us down.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i think you should change your name. Joe Montana would b***h slap you if he saw the kind of crap u post up lately

the games we lost with Hill were lost because he couldnt move the ball, and frank gore scored most of Hill's points. Alex, if youve been paying attention, scores points by distributing to his receivers, thats why he is throwing 2 to 3 TD's a game, Hill didnt score s**t for almost 2 games before he was finally benched. the defense killed us in a few games that we shouldve won. we have scored more than enough points to win these past few weeks but the defense lets us down.

Just miffed at a disappointing year.
  • brandonjg
  • Info N/A
You guys are blind.

Average points per game with 5.5 games with Hill:

Average points per game with 6.5 games with Smith:

I included Alexs Houston half.

I still think Smith should start, but this spread B.S. is what it is, B.S., especially this
Double TE I am not going to run the ball offense is a Joke.

We need to get our best receivers out there.

And to think, we didn't have Crabs then and Gore was out for 3 games.

Blind I tell ya!

How many of those games did our defense or special teams score for shaun hill?

Vikings, kick block for td.
Rams - 2 tds off defense and fumble rec on special teams

So technically, alex offense is def. More effective than shaun offense. And don't act like you don't believe that, know its true.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Just miffed at a disappointing year.

Why are you miffed man? I TOLD you this would happen last off season. And I quote:

"As goes the offensive line, so goes the 49ers season regardless of who's at QB."

When Marvel Smith didn't play at all during TC and Snyder was "declared" the starter, some of us knew something was up. Baas was injured until the 2nd pre-season game, Me and others were screaming "WARNING WIL ROBINSON" and everyone said "oh we'll be fine." Threads and threads questioning Chris Forester and his ability to coach the OL properly, particularly the running game were out and out dismissed.

I had hoped for the best like one plays the lottery, but chances were there wouldn't be improvement to the record. And so the defense was on the field for much too long during the first half of the season and are running out of gas in the later half of Oct, Nov and December.

As so the OL went, so goes our season.

You must agree that we handed a few games away rather than lost them because of our OL. A solid OL will make us dominant more than just barely making the playoffs, but we are losing right now because of carelessness from the Head Coach to the 3rd stringer on Sundays.
LOL... nice try, though, Joe.

I like the spread but do not give up on the run. You have at least keep a team off balance mentally. Even if they do stay in there base defense, I feel the 49ers skill position players are physical enough to block the run. I am not sure if last week was a test, a statement, or what but I don't think you can dictate to the defense that much. I don't blame it on the spread as much as I do on the different personnel and mid season adjustments with them, this is completely different from what they worked on all summer and all preseason. I still would love to see a lot more runs out of the shotgun, I am not sure why there hasn't been any delays ran. I would love to see more of that during the game.

Originally posted by darkknight49:
i think your math is a bit off, but the difference still isnt much.

Hill: 5.5 games
20 + 23 + 24 + 35 + 10 + 0 = 112
112/5.5 = 20.36 pts/game

Smith: 6.5 Games
21 + 14 + 27 + 10 + 24 + 20 + 17 = 133
133/6.5 = 20.46 pts/game

In that sense, the Offense has been fairly consistent. Why are we losing now: The other team is scoring more points than us. (gee, thats new).

The other team is scoring more points than us because there's a chance for them to get more possessions against a team that passes the ball 40 times stopping the clock. How many 10+ play drives do we have in this offense? I think Hill was good for a 10+ play drive in each of his first 3 games. It makes a huge difference when the opposition gets the ball less.

Joecool is once again dead wrong. Don't you check your statistics before you spout off?

Average time of offensive possession during games started by Shaun Hill: 30:03
Average time of offensive possession during games started by Alex Smith: 29:13
Originally posted by tmg808:
I like the spread but do not give up on the run. You have at least keep a team off balance mentally. Even if they do stay in there base defense, I feel the 49ers skill position players are physical enough to block the run. I am not sure if last week was a test, a statement, or what but I don't think you can dictate to the defense that much. I don't blame it on the spread as much as I do on the different personnel and mid season adjustments with them, this is completely different from what they worked on all summer and all preseason. I still would love to see a lot more runs out of the shotgun, I am not sure why there hasn't been any delays ran. I would love to see more of that during the game.

Gore is asked to run using a different style than just following his FB or crashing the line and bouncing here and there. He needs to try and get into a rythm and get acclimated to this new style.
i think your math is a bit off, excluding the 21 defensive pts from the Rams game.

20 + 23 + 24 + 35 + 10 + 0 - 21 defensive pts = 91 pts
91/5.5 = 16.55 pts/game

21 + 14 + 27 + 10 + 24 + 20 + 17 = 133 pts
133/6.5 = 20.46 pts/game

In that sense, the Offense has been fairly consistent. Why are we losing now: The other team is scoring more points than us (shocking, no?).

JoeCool moted once again.

Next....
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
i think your math is a bit off, excluding the 21 defensive pts from the Rams game.

91/5.5 = 16.55 pts/game

133/6.5 = 20.46 pts/game

In that sense, the Offense has been fairly consistent. Why are we losing now: The other team is scoring more points than us (shocking, no?).

JoeCool moted once again.

Next....

man, i havent heard that since 6th grade

91/5.5 = 16.55 pts/game

133/6.5 = 20.46 pts/game

You forgot the 7pts scored by our ST in the Minnesota game when you edited your original post, LOL. Hill's offense only scored 84 pts.
Share 49ersWebzone