LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 157 users in the forums

Do we want a new head coach? And if so, who?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do we want a new head coach? And if so, who?

I give Singletary one more year
Originally posted by teeohh:
I give Singletary one more year

That would be unfair, Singletary deserve one full season to apply what he learned during his internship which has one more year to go.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Jed alluded that it's not on the agenda, but it should be. I think the 49ers would benefit from having an experienced advisor that can evaluate talent/coaches to assist BOTH McCloughan and Singletary.

Jed York has no experience and the hire of Singletary was an emotional hire. He liked the way the 49ers finished, he felt this team lacked intensity and Sing brings that, but there's more to it in being an effective coach and we're seeing the growing pains of it this year.

From what I read McCloughan wanted to bring in an Offensive Coach, I bring up the old thread.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Shanahan if anything
Originally posted by FL9er:
Jed alluded that it's not on the agenda, but it should be. I think the 49ers would benefit from having an experienced advisor that can evaluate talent/coaches to assist BOTH McCloughan and Singletary.

Jed York has no experience and the hire of Singletary was an emotional hire. He liked the way the 49ers finished, he felt this team lacked intensity and Sing brings that, but there's more to it in being an effective coach and we're seeing the growing pains of it this year.

From what I read McCloughan wanted to bring in an Offensive Coach, I bring up the old thread.

Additional hiring would be reckless and wasteful, Singletary is doing fine, he is on track to finish his internship.
Originally posted by CSRKing21:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Keep Singletary and Raye they have showed they are willing to change their ways to fit the teams talent....by the way I just signed up here I use to be on the 49ers.com MB but recently got suspended.

Well it was nice knowing you.

~Ceadder

well its more like I got banned

All good Homie, but if you got banned on the 9ers site you will be gone even quicker here.

Don't know what the issue was there and don't want to know. Just pointing out that this place can get ya riled enough to be banned here alot quicker than any place I've visited.

Let's put it this way some people would take odds on you not making Vet status.

~Ceadder
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I am fully 100% in support of Singletary and Raye and Manusky.

They have done a good job this season, IMO.

We just need a new O-line coach and we're set.
Originally posted by kstolai:
Shanahan if anything

yes
Originally posted by jed_york:

Additional hiring would be reckless and wasteful, Singletary is doing fine, he is on track to finish his internship.

yo jed york hook me up with some free tickets my man.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by jed_york:

yo jed york hook me up with some free tickets my man.

keep being a loyal fan, support our internship program. one day you will find yourself sitting in the box with sr management,

NO .....I know we have a good coach. So does Jed
Jeff Ulbrich.
Yeah, that's great. Let's get a new coach, another new offensive co-ordinator (none of the 7 in the past 7 years worked out), another QB competition, a change in offensive philosophy, a new defense, and on and on.

Or, hey, I have an idea. Maybe we could try keeping the same people in place two years in a row. I know some Zoners would have been all over firing Walsh after he finished 2-14 and 6-10 his first two years.

How often do the Pittsburgh Steelers fire their coach?
  • CSRKing21
  • Info N/A
Keep Singletary and Raye they have showed they are willing to change their ways to fit the teams talent....by the way I just signed up here I use to be on the 49ers.com MB but recently got suspended.

Well it was nice knowing you.

~Ceadder

well its more like I got banned

All good Homie, but if you got banned on the 9ers site you will be gone even quicker here.

Don't know what the issue was there and don't want to know. Just pointing out that this place can get ya riled enough to be banned here alot quicker than any place I've visited.

Let's put it this way some people would take odds on you not making Vet status.

~Ceadder

how many posts does it take to get to vet status
Alex Smith is playing the football of his career.

Vernon Davis is playing the football of his career.

D Walker is playing the football of his career.

Crabtree is playing amazingly well for a rookie WR that missed training camp and a bunch of games. Singletary handled that situation perfectly. Everyone said he was crazy to just insert him into the starting lineup after the hold out.

Our defense is pressuring the other team's QB with basically the same guys we've had for the past few years.

Our offense is scoring points despite serious O-line injuries.

We need to win more games but a lot of things are going much better than in previous years. He gets one more year to make the playoffs.
Share 49ersWebzone