There are 157 users in the forums

After todays game (12/6/09) A Smith approval rating

Shop Find 49ers gear online

After todays game (12/6/09) A Smith approval rating

• rtj03
  • Veteran
I still vote to look for someone else. He looks better BUT in the end when GREAT qb's rise to the top - he is still to unconfident and plays his worse. He does not have the "it" factor.
Definitely not enough options on the poll.......
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Definitely not enough options on the poll.......

A grading system would suit the question better...

-9fA
Originally posted by rtj03:
I still vote to look for someone else. He looks better BUT in the end when GREAT qb's rise to the top - he is still to unconfident and plays his worse. He does not have the "it" factor.

He can only throw them. He can't also catch them.
He is definately showing us why we should continue with him.
Lol how could you not be satisfield with Smiths play today. He and Patrick Willis were the best players on the field today. Hands down. This is retarded.
My opinion is that he's shown us the flashes that we need to see going into the offseason. Is he the long-term solution? No idea. But a strong finish as we fight DESPERATELY for a playoff spot will help his case.

The test for this season was to prove that he can be an NFL quarterback. The test for next season is to prove consistency.

What I mean is that a QB can look good, but can he play well for more than one season? Derek Anderson of the Browns played at a Pro Bowl level for a year, but hasn't had that same level of production since then.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Lol how could you not be satisfield with Smiths play today. He and Patrick Willis were the best players on the field today. Hands down. This is retarded.
Alex in the spread is definitely the guy. It just took this retarded organization 5 years to figure that out... We have just beyond stupid coaching, too many dropped balls that hit guys right in the hands in the endzone no less and too many special teams and defensive breakdowns. Special teams in particular has cost us several games since we cut our return guy. That has more than come back to haunt us.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
My opinion is that he's shown us the flashes that we need to see going into the offseason. Is he the long-term solution? No idea. But a strong finish as we fight DESPERATELY for a playoff spot will help his case.

The test for this season was to prove that he can be an NFL quarterback. The test for next season is to prove consistency.

What I mean is that a QB can look good, but can he play well for more than one season? Derek Anderson of the Browns played at a Pro Bowl level for a year, but hasn't had that same level of production since then.

You have to start somewhere and Smith is making the most of his chance. Give him an off season to work with the receivers and Raye and I think that this offense could be really potent next year. I am assuming that some help, whether through free-agency and/or the draft will be forthcoming.

Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

~Ceadder
For those who condemn Alex because he was unable to "carry the team" to victory, depsite all the mistakes and shoddy play of others, I have this to say:

It would not be good for the team to have a QB who works miracles. It is a team sport and each player should feel that he must contribute to the win, that he must not let the team down. It is not a good condition to have a QB so good that the rest of the team slacks off and says "I'll let Alex win it."
Alex looked good under center today too. Keep Smith and give him the job for next season, we need oline/db's next season for sure. I dont see how you dont use the first 3 rounds too solidify those positions. Alex is playing very well, and could be better have his guys not drop 5-10 balls a game
Originally posted by rtj03:

That is why your not a GM and have a normal job.
Share 49ersWebzone