Alex Smith 300 YDS Passing = Loss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by prime21:
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It's not why we lost. Come on man. When guys have touchdowns right in their hands their job is to catch them.

There were far too many drops, but in this game you have to go to the next play and forget about the last one. Just cuzz your receiver drops a ball, it cant affect your logic for the remainder of the game.

And it didn't for Smith. He threw a TD pass to VD which was dropped and on the very next play threw a TD pass to Crabs which the kid pulled a Lloyd on.

And on the next possession?

I believe that was the 3rd down so no dice for the offense if the receivers fail two times in a row.

Also, don't forget about the 4th down drop by Walker. Sure there was pass interference but Walker could have made the play. Not much Smith can do besides throwing it to himself and making the TD grab.

P-O-S-S-E-S-S-I-O-N! THAT MEANS THE NEXT TIME WE HAVE THE BALL. 4TH DOWN WE PUNT, SEAHAWKS DRIVE THEN PUNT BRINGING US TO OUR NEEEEEXXXXT, BLANK SPACE HERE. HINT:POSSESSION!

Let's see then. Alex Smith is leading the team on what would have been a 98 yard drive and Gore fumbles. Possession over. Next drive VD and Crabs fail to catch what would be go ahead TDs. Next drive for some reason the coaches call for a long pass on 3rd and 3. Morgan fails to run his route out and game is over.
BTW. We should be looking at the defense. As I seem to remember this is suppose to be a defense first team. Letting the team drive down the field in the final minutes seems to put a huge question mark on the shutdown nature of this defense.

Yes, they only gave up 14 points (with really 7 going to special teams) but in big situations the defense needs to step up and it didn't.
It's not why we lost. Come on man. When guys have touchdowns right in their hands their job is to catch them.

There were far too many drops, but in this game you have to go to the next play and forget about the last one. Just cuzz your receiver drops a ball, it cant affect your logic for the remainder of the game.

And it didn't for Smith. He threw a TD pass to VD which was dropped and on the very next play threw a TD pass to Crabs which the kid pulled a Lloyd on.

I believe that was the 3rd down so no dice for the offense if the receivers fail two times in a row.

Also, don't forget about the 4th down drop by Walker. Sure there was pass interference but Walker could have made the play. Not much Smith can do besides throwing it to himself and making the TD grab.

P-O-S-S-E-S-S-I-O-N! THAT MEANS THE NEXT TIME WE HAVE THE BALL. 4TH DOWN WE PUNT, SEAHAWKS DRIVE THEN PUNT BRINGING US TO OUR NEEEEEXXXXT, BLANK SPACE HERE. HINT:POSSESSION!

Let's see then. Alex Smith is leading the team on what would have been a 98 yard drive and Gore fumbles. Possession over. Next drive VD and Crabs fail to catch what would be go ahead TDs. Next drive for some reason the coaches call for a long pass on 3rd and 3. Morgan fails to run his route out and game is over.

YOU MISSED THE 2ND DOWN GARBAGE PASS TO THE SIDELINE(CLUTCH SITUATION).

[ Edited by prime21 on Dec 7, 2009 at 05:47:30 ]
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Smith recorded the best game of his career today, yet we still come out with a loss.
The last posession was awful, after performing well the whole game, Smith proves he still cannot deliver a finishing blow. The scant use of Gore was questionable, Crabtree better go back to B-ball if he is AFRAID to get hit, this is not a playoff team, the REFS did a Number on us, our receivers can't CATCH and our coaches cannot manage the clock. The way this game was officiated was disgusting, I was apalled when no one seemed to notice Delanie Walker being tackled in the END ZONE(ball in air). Mike Pereira better issue an apology personally, not only to the NINER Faithful, but to the NFL for possibly interfering with the playoff picture.

Smith had 2 receivers drop the go ahead touchdowns, not his fault at all.

Not his fault at all huh? So I guess there no thought process given to the last 3 and out drive of the game for Alex and Co. 3 pass plays with under a min to go...
From your own 11 yard line and you converting 1 3rd down the entire game, I guess an audible to the run and let time expire and try to get the W in OT is not part of his job as a QB. Maybe thats just Peyton, but comparing Alex to Peyton is pointless. So my bad!
Originally posted by dr8van:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Smith recorded the best game of his career today, yet we still come out with a loss.
The last posession was awful, after performing well the whole game, Smith proves he still cannot deliver a finishing blow. The scant use of Gore was questionable, Crabtree better go back to B-ball if he is AFRAID to get hit, this is not a playoff team, the REFS did a Number on us, our receivers can't CATCH and our coaches cannot manage the clock. The way this game was officiated was disgusting, I was apalled when no one seemed to notice Delanie Walker being tackled in the END ZONE(ball in air). Mike Pereira better issue an apology personally, not only to the NINER Faithful, but to the NFL for possibly interfering with the playoff picture.

Smith had 2 receivers drop the go ahead touchdowns, not his fault at all.

Not his fault at all huh? So I guess there no thought process given to the last 3 and out drive of the game for Alex and Co. 3 pass plays with under a min to go...
From your own 11 yard line and you converting 1 3rd down the entire game, I guess an audible to the run and let time expire and try to get the W in OT is not part of his job as a QB. Maybe thats just Peyton, but comparing Alex to Peyton is pointless. So my bad!

A+

I know I've got a 25% warning, but are you f**king stupid? Smith made all the throws he needed to make to win the game. His receivers really let him down by dropping the ball. He didn't throw any interceptions or turn the ball over. Not once.
  • tn9er
  • Veteran

Do you have ADD or are you just a Smith hater, I think it's the latter..

We understand that your having trouble excepting the fact that Smith is going to be the QB of this team for years to come, so why don't you head off to some place and deal with your little problem.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Thanks for the summary

Each of the OP's points are being discussed in other threads
Share 49ersWebzone