There are 210 users in the forums

Some thoughts after the tough loss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Why was Keith Smith left one on one on one side of the field? That was a major f up by our coaching staff while the Seahawks/Hasselbeck were smart enough to take advantage of it.

Exactly...a Manusky journeyman idiot was out there with no help...DUMB
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Gores fumble killed it. Then Alex gets us back in it AGAIN...only to be let down by Vernon Davis. Then Crabtree ducks. Just unreal. Alex drives us down to win the game twice and Gore, Davis, and Crabtree let us down IMO.

This.
49ers (5-7) have lost games this season by 3, 3, 4, 7, 6, 3 ... and 35.
Gores fumble killed it. Then Alex gets us back in it AGAIN...only to be let down by Vernon Davis. Then Crabtree ducks. Just unreal. Alex drives us down to win the game twice and Gore, Davis, and Crabtree let us down IMO.

Word - Alex was GREAT on the field today.

ST play was just awful - I was on the 50 yard line in row 1 judging from the way Singletary turned around and started tearing into the ST coach i seriously doubt he said or blessed the reverse in any shape or form.

He had the look he was giving to the refs on while the guy was talking to him - "like wtf are you even talking back to me - take your ass chewing and go away"
Vikings are shamelessly tanking just to avoid playing us in the playoff.
Questions answered this season:

1. Alex Smith can play...shotgun, power run/play action rollouts...this is what he can do better than average. He is a legit talent and is worthy of starting in the NFL. Yes, he is our QB of the future.

2. Vernon Davis is very good, but not superstar because he fails to make the big play when it is absolutely needed. He will lead the league in stats and has broken the TD record for 49er TD in a season...that is no joke of a record either.

3. Delanie Walker and VD together are awesome...us fans have been screaming for this for years...finally. They both need extensions. I swear the coaching staff needs to pay attention or learn some football. We have been screaming about putting Alex in the shotgun for years...finally.

4. Our Oline still sucks ass...we need some guards that can get some push and a RT that can dominate.

5. Our pass rush sucks ass too...I love Lawson and Haralson, but we need some help here for real. We need a legit pass rushing OLB threat...Haralson, Brooks and Lawson can battle it out for the other spot.
  • Arnazbattle4life
  • Info N/A
Bench goldson ... He was way out of position to many times today it was ridiculous... Since the playoffs are pretty much out of reach we should see what we have in Reggie smith cuz clearly goldson isn't the answer at safety
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

This.

Unfortunately, yes. What a kick in the ass this game was.

I had a bad feeling after that goofy, poorly-executed, punt hand-off piece of crap play. The D had the Seahags on their heels and they were getting good pressure on Hasselbeck - it was the perfect time to take advantage of the momentum the Niners had and they failed. The Seahags were given excellent field position and scored at will. That ugly play still pisses me off.

Rossum just had to be cut, didn't he!

[ Edited by horsecore on Dec 6, 2009 at 20:56:28 ]
Share 49ersWebzone