LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

New nickname for Gore needed!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by doodle:
Facepalm to this thread. The knee-jerk is strong in you guys.

knee jerk? that fumble was the most important play of the game, and this loss killed our playoff hopes. how the hell can you be a fan and not be disappointed/pissed at gore.

We got rid of Roger Craig for "the fumble" the following year.

[ Edited by TheCatch on Dec 6, 2009 at 18:00:48 ]
Frank really fumbles way too much. He gets a lot of love around these parts but a really important part of the RB job is to hold onto the ball and Frank has been poor at that over his career.

Plus he is always stumbling around all over the place in the passing game. He looks very awkward catching passes.

Reggie Bush would be much better for our spread offense. He is an excellent receiver and has excellent hands.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Frank the tank is out. Except the fact that he's slow as one. Come up with a new nickname for this guy. I like "f**kin Fumblin Frank" the best!

Fumblin Frank? You officially lost whatever marbles you had.

Is the man sposed to have eyes in the back of his head as he's HELD UP by the tackler and the ball punched out? Gimme a break that's the first one he's LOST all season. He's put others on the ground but that was the FIRST one that became a turnover.

Sheesh.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
having this reaction to one play is simply stupid.

so true.
  • Steve
  • Info N/A
Give me a break. The ball was punched out as he was falling foreward trying for more yardage. You had better think about what you wish for. Frank's blocking saved Alex Smiths as several times and allowed some good plays to happen. How about that stupid played trying to return the ball. That didn't just happen, it was set in place by the coaching staff. Everyone is calling for Lawsons head too. He had several great plays. Bly got hurt and that put us in a hole too. Brown can't do the same job. And how about Alex and how many 3and outs? How about the defense? This was a team loss. Quit trying to put the blame on one or two people. You know, there were a lot of good things happen too. Part of the learning process. I was hollering at players during the game like most of you, but I think there was more good than bad. Too bad it didn't end in a win. Lets let these guys work together for the rest of the season and then some decisions can be made as to who has to go. I personally can think of several and most of them are toward the end of their careers if not there now.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Frank really fumbles way too much. He gets a lot of love around these parts but a really important part of the RB job is to hold onto the ball and Frank has been poor at that over his career.

Plus he is always stumbling around all over the place in the passing game. He looks very awkward catching passes.

Reggie Bush would be much better for our spread offense. He is an excellent receiver and has excellent hands.

I don't know if Bush would be considered injury prone though. I want to draft CJ Spiller.
  • mod
  • Veteran
I'm on my iPhone so I'm not gonna bother reading the rest of this thread... But this is what I gotta say, frank gore has done a lot for this team. And although I'm disappointed in his performance, I will not question his abilities as a player and loyalty to this team. This thread is so f**kin childish it makes me sick. He alone made this team somewhat respectable during the past couple years and if anybody deserves a break it Frank Gore! I don't know what else to say except maybe niner fans aren't as intelligent as I thought
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Gore is still an elite RB....but he f**ked up ROYALLY!!!!

No he's not
Wow, This thread makes me ashamed to be a 49er fan. I think some of you should find another team. It won't be hard since you since are devoid of loyalty as it is. I guarantee you no one is more disappointed with the game than Gore.

I am truly disgusted by how pathetically fickle some of you are. If Gore has a 3 touchdowns next week you same morons will start threads about how awesome Gore is. You are the worst kind of people in life, completely lacking the patience and integrity to appreciate anything.

If you would rather have Reggie Bush than Frank Gore chances are you are a complete sell-out and idiot. Let me guess you want us to draft Tim Tebow too and trade to get TO back. Go root for the Cowboys you will fit right in with the rest of their fans.
Originally posted by collinzio:
Wow, This thread makes me ashamed to be a 49er fan. I think some of you should find another team. It won't be hard since you since are devoid of loyalty as it is. I guarantee you no one is more disappointed with the game than Gore.

I am truly disgusted by how pathetically fickle some of you are. If Gore has a 3 touchdowns next week you same morons will start threads about how awesome Gore is. You are the worst kind of people in life, completely lacking the patience and integrity to appreciate anything.

If you would rather have Reggie Bush than Frank Gore chances are you are a complete sell-out and idiot. Let me guess you want us to draft Tim Tebow too and trade to get TO back. Go root for the Cowboys you will fit right in with the rest of their fans.

Welcome to Ninertalk. Have a lollipop.

Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Frank the tank is out. Except the fact that he's slow as one. Come up with a new nickname for this guy. I like "f**kin Fumblin Frank" the best!

Fumblin Frank? You officially lost whatever marbles you had.

Is the man sposed to have eyes in the back of his head as he's HELD UP by the tackler and the ball punched out? Gimme a break that's the first one he's LOST all season. He's put others on the ground but that was the FIRST one that became a turnover.

Sheesh.

~Ceadder

Dude he could have just went down and held onto the ball. How many times do you see a back try to fight for half an extra yard like a dumbass and hold the ball in one arm out there and fumble it away. And that's EXACTLY what he did, I don't care if he was held up by the defender. You take the ball in both hands and go down and take your 4 yards. He held the ball out there in one arm and gave the guy a chance to punch it out and that's exactly what he did. And it's not like this is new, he fumbles WAY too much over the last few years. Even when he was doing well, and he's not even playing well anymore. He'll have 5 big gains sure, but he'll have 200 carries for 2 yards or less.

Not to mention you play the "you're an idiot, you lost your marbles, whatever marbles you had are gone now, etc" card way too much. I remember when I was defending Smith with you and I had "plenty of marbles" then, but now when I disagree with you on one thing because I'm sick of one player f**king up I have no marbles? Yeah, whatever.
Originally posted by collinzio:

Reggie Bush is better in this sort of offense because he's better at catching passes and he's more athletic. Frank is/was better between the tackles/as a pure runner, but that's not what we need anymore. And to be honest I'm not even a huge fan of Bush, I've thought he was overrated ever since he was drafted and he's had 2 or 3 surgeries on his knees since. But Gore isn't the same player he was 2 years ago that made him so much better than Bush either. I have his jersey and he was great to watch but he's not the same player anymore. He's injury prone(check his ankle sprains, 4 over last 3 years), he doesn't do a good job of hitting the hole anymore(usually winds up running into the back of a lineman when the hole is to his right or left).

I liked him too, I still like him as a person, but he's overrated at the moment and he's not the same player and its time to atleast get another back which we SHOULD have done 2 years ago when we saw what the NY Giants were able to do with a 3 back system(which is what I wanted, to see us find a guy to take some of the carries) and I think that having him take all the carries took a big toll on his knees that have had both ACLs replaced.

He cost us that MNF game in Zona last year, stumbling at the 2 yard line after barely being touched, he cost us this game. You can point to the other things that happened, VD dropping the touchdown, or Smith missing 2 of his last 3 throws or whatever, or not running the clock out and going to OT, or whatever. But the game was there, we had a chance to take the lead, we had a good rythm, and he coughed the ball up in a game that we needed to keep our chance at the playoffs alive.

BTW I've got Tebow as a bust in the NFL too and I don't want TO back anymore.
  • saeniner
  • Info N/A
Unbelievable. This thread is a disgrace to 49ers fans. The dude had the ball punched out of his hands as we was getting pinned by the tackler. Clearly few of you pansy armchair GMs have ever played football as the truth is sometimes you go out on the field and play your best but you make mistakes and the other guy just beats you. Tough play, tough loss, lets get over it and get ready for the next game.
Originally posted by saeniner:
Unbelievable. This thread is a disgrace to 49ers fans. The dude had the ball punched out of his hands as we was getting pinned by the tackler. Clearly few of you pansy armchair GMs have ever played football as the truth is sometimes you go out on the field and play your best but you make mistakes and the other guy just beats you. Tough play, tough loss, lets get over it and get ready for the next game.

lol No I haven't played football but I've played basketball and I know sometimes you lose. But you can't fumble the ball there. You can't do it. He should have had the ball held securely and gone down.
  • brandonjg
  • Info N/A

Frank "Fvck Your Playoff Dreams" Gore
Share 49ersWebzone