LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

New nickname for Gore needed!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The "Out-of-towner"?
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Time to find a viable replacement for Gore. I think his legs are finally starting to catch up with him. He was bumbling, stumbling, rumbling all day today. And he cost us the game.

We got the cash. Time to bring in Reggie Bush, the perfect complement to the spread. Gore could play as our short yardage back.

Yeah. Remember the stumble at the AZ one last year on MNF? This year it seems like it's even worse. I think if Bush gets let go, we got to bring him in. He's more athletic, and has less miles on his legs. That said he's had some work done on his knees too. I like the idea of drafting CJ Spiller personally.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Frank the tank is out. Except the fact that he's slow as one. Come up with a new nickname for this guy. I like "f**kin Fumblin Frank" the best!

Go find a new team to root for...the guy is still our premier O player.

what team are you watching? VD is the most dangerous O player on our team.. Give Crabtree an offseason, and he will be a force.
Originally posted by doodle:
Facepalm to this thread. The knee-jerk is strong in you guys.

knee jerk? that fumble was the most important play of the game, and this loss killed our playoff hopes. how the hell can you be a fan and not be disappointed/pissed at gore.
how about Frank has-been Gore
The game was lost because Alex managed our last drive poorly, not Gore or VD. Seattle had mistakes of their own but when crunch time came Alex failed as usual!

Always been his problem!
Originally posted by jcs:
Frank the tank is out. Except the fact that he's slow as one. Come up with a new nickname for this guy. I like "f**kin Fumblin Frank" the best!

Go find a new team to root for...the guy is still our premier O player.

lol no he isn't. If you can't see that then I don't know. He's not the same player he used to be. He used to get through small holes, he used to hit the hole hard, now like the guy a few posts above me said he just stares at the holes until they close. Our QB has been playing better than him, VD has more TDs and makes more plays than he does, Frank isn't the same guy. And you better bet I'm pissed right now, he fumbled away the game that could've been the springboard for us to get in the playoffs. So yes, I am f**king pissed.

I agree with you. He's still an above average rb, but he just doesn't seem to have that "pound it in the hole" style he had his first 3 seasons. With two high 1st round picks, I think we should really consider drafting one of the top running backs available in the upcoming draft.
Fumblin bumblin Frank who tanked Gore!
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame

this
Originally posted by sacniner:

knee jerk? that fumble was the most important play of the game, and this loss killed our playoff hopes. how the hell can you be a fan and not be disappointed/pissed at gore.

we are.

but people sounds like they want him cut.

Originally posted by ZRF80:
Time to find a viable replacement for Gore. I think his legs are finally starting to catch up with him. He was bumbling, stumbling, rumbling all day today. And he cost us the game.

We got the cash. Time to bring in Reggie Bush, the perfect complement to the spread. Gore could play as our short yardage back.

Yeah. Remember the stumble at the AZ one last year on MNF? This year it seems like it's even worse. I think if Bush gets let go, we got to bring him in. He's more athletic, and has less miles on his legs. That said he's had some work done on his knees too. I like the idea of drafting CJ Spiller personally.

CJ Spiller
Guys no need to be so hard on Frank; YES he messed up fumbling but it is a part of the game guys. Am I happy with the fumbles NO, but we have to also remember the huge games Frank had for us including this season. Is Frank the future RB for this team I am having my doubts right now. Even in the off season I wanted the team to get a quick scat back to relieve him and boy we surely could have used a Sproles like back in this offense. Improve the OLINE, get a pass rusher, look for a quicker RB to spell Gore, get a starting CB and PLEASE get a return guy or two anyone who can give us better field position. Defense let us down big time today at the wrong times; NO play makers in the secondary.
Originally posted by kelpie70:
Guys no need to be so hard on Frank; YES he messed up fumbling but it is a part of the game guys. Am I happy with the fumbles NO, but we have to also remember the huge games Frank had for us including this season. Is Frank the future RB for this team I am having my doubts right now. Even in the off season I wanted the team to get a quick scat back to relieve him and boy we surely could have used a Sproles like back in this offense. Improve the OLINE, get a pass rusher, look for a quicker RB to spell Gore, get a starting CB and PLEASE get a return guy or two anyone who can give us better field position. Defense let us down big time today at the wrong times; NO play makers in the secondary.

We did fake a$$ GM Clueless picked up Coffee, and let go of the other faster back.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by sacniner:

we are.

but people sounds like they want him cut.

I don't want to cut him but if we got a 1st+ or something to trade him then lets do it. He's got so much tread on his tires, he's not the same player he used to be IMO.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
The game was lost because Alex managed our last drive poorly, not Gore or VD. Seattle had mistakes of their own but when crunch time came Alex failed as usual!

Always been his problem!

You really need to get over your hatred for Alex. He did not cost the Niners this game at all. In fact, he played well. Were you even watching this game? For chist sake they must have dropped 6-8 balls. No.. they lost because Gore put the ball on the field, VD couldnt catch a ball right in his hands in the 4th quarter, and because our secondary is pathetic.
Share 49ersWebzone