LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

New nickname for Gore needed!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Frank the tank is out. Except the fact that he's slow as one. Come up with a new nickname for this guy. I like "f**kin Fumblin Frank" the best!
I don't think this is the same gore from a few years ago.. Bad Oline or not, we had a s**tty online a few times over gore's career, and he still made stuff happen.

HE runs into the back of his blockers just like derrick loville. When he has an opening, he stares at it like its an oasis, and then it closes before he gets to it.

He is starting to remind me of barlow.
How about Frank "fumbles the game away" Gore.
How about Frank "fumbles the game away" Gore.
he too old now, he not what he once was.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Frank the tank is out. Except the fact that he's slow as one. Come up with a new nickname for this guy. I like "f**kin Fumblin Frank" the best!

Go find a new team to root for...the guy is still our premier O player.
Fumblin' Stumblin' Frank
if anyone thinks that frank gore is not a premier offensive playmaker, you are sadly mistaken. He fumbled the ball, it happens, did it cost us the game, no, we had several factors that "cost us the game". Frank Gore is simply dealing with what Alex did for several years, adjusting to a new offensive system that you are not the centerpiece of. When we get a real O-line frank will show you why he is still a player. the guy is a workhorse and wants to win as much as anyone on the team. having this reaction to one play is simply stupid.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Go find a new team to root for...the guy is still our premier O player.

lol no he isn't. If you can't see that then I don't know. He's not the same player he used to be. He used to get through small holes, he used to hit the hole hard, now like the guy a few posts above me said he just stares at the holes until they close. Our QB has been playing better than him, VD has more TDs and makes more plays than he does, Frank isn't the same guy. And you better bet I'm pissed right now, he fumbled away the game that could've been the springboard for us to get in the playoffs. So yes, I am f**king pissed.
I don't know if I want to go so far as to rip Gore like that, but I'm not sure if I could ever recall such a great niner who seems to fumble so often at the worst possible times. Over the years he sure has had some costly fumbles. This one probably hurt the most. There's always next year

I'm not sure if it's something from the ankle injury that is lingering around, because all reports out of TC were that he was in top form, but Frank has absolutely lost a step. He isn't as quick and doesn't hit the hole as fast as he used to. Even when the hole is there, he usually misses it now.

[ Edited by norcal49er864 on Dec 6, 2009 at 16:48:30 ]
  • ZRF80
Time to find a viable replacement for Gore. I think his legs are finally starting to catch up with him. He was bumbling, stumbling, rumbling all day today. And he cost us the game.

We got the cash. Time to bring in Reggie Bush, the perfect complement to the spread. Gore could play as our short yardage back.
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
if anyone thinks that frank gore is not a premier offensive playmaker, you are sadly mistaken. He fumbled the ball, it happens, did it cost us the game, no, we had several factors that "cost us the game". Frank Gore is simply dealing with what Alex did for several years, adjusting to a new offensive system that you are not the centerpiece of. When we get a real O-line frank will show you why he is still a player. the guy is a workhorse and wants to win as much as anyone on the team. having this reaction to one play is simply stupid.

no, the reaction to the fumble is justified. if we scored there we would of won. so, that play did cost us the game. we had other opportunities, but that fumble simply can't happen in that situation. he also choked last year against az when he slipped. of course he is a good player, and i want him on the team, but i'm f'n pissed at him right now.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
I love Gore...but he f**ked up ROYALLY today.
Facepalm to this thread. The knee-jerk is strong in you guys.
Share 49ersWebzone