LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Offiicial: Cut Brandon Jones thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Offiicial: Cut Brandon Jones thread

So what now?

Given Ginn, do we keep Jones? What would it cost us to cut him? When would be the best time?

Crabtree, Morgan, Jones, Ginn, Hill looks like a solid WR squad. I say let go of Jones and keep Ziegler who would be cheaper and plays better ST.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
He will be cut.
Do we save any money by cutting him? And if so, how much?

Only then can this question be answered.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Do we save any money by cutting him? And if so, how much?

Only then can this question be answered.

-9fA

i agree but i also think we should give him a shot in TC and PS. Hill/Ginn are not proven WR's although they have shown flashes and I agree they have potential. Nothing wrong with competition, let the best man win. If Jones is 4th or 5th WR after TC then cut him or trade him.
I say we recoup our 5th rounder back and trade him...or a 6th. I hate it for him....getting an injury during pre season was the worst time to, after playing very well in pre season. And then who would have guessed Crabs falling into our lap?
Something has to change - he makes too much for a #5 WR.
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Something has to change - he makes too much for a #5 WR.

I agree. We are paying the guy STARTING WR money.. Its already done that Crabtree and Morgan are our starters, so what use do we have for him now?? unless he wants to re-do his contract for number 4 money, I dont see the need of keeping him when we have Hill that can play the slot and now Ginn who has more upside than him too! Rather have cut Jones, and kept Battle as a #4/5 and ST player
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:
I agree cut his ass now

I never liked the signing to begin with.
  • cools
  • Veteran
Nners will have to pay him anyway, so may as well keep him

Didnt Scotty make that move without consulting Sing and Sully?
or they were against it, and Scotty made the move anyway?
I remember reading somthing about that before it was quickly swept under the rug
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
He's a good reciever, just not a good PR. He has speed. When he got in the game and Alex got him the ball he had 2 nice catches, one called back on a BS penalty. But he's a decent WR and has good speed. We could use him better. Atleast he doesn't duck the freaking ball.

Depth is always a good thing and he has looked pretty good when healthy. I laugh every time over emotional fans cry for cutting a player that can contribute. Yeah let's get rid of the depth we have built because if we have a couple of guys get hurt, we can always run the ball every down.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Depth is always a good thing and he has looked pretty good when healthy. I laugh every time over emotional fans cry for cutting a player that can contribute. Yeah let's get rid of the depth we have built because if we have a couple of guys get hurt, we can always run the ball every down.

Agreed. I wonder how many said the same thing about SOAP or even Alex when they did or could not produce at the level they were paid.
Let him stay in TC, to see if he beats out J. Hill. If he does then cut hill, and replace jones with someone better next year.
Relax guys, he's going to get one more year.
I'd rather my boy Ziegler get the roster spot.
Share 49ersWebzone