LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 305 users in the forums

Offiicial: Cut Brandon Jones thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Offiicial: Cut Brandon Jones thread

like him as a reciever. He's got good hands. But please, no more returning for him.
How bout we just save ourselves the trouble and just cut Scott instead. It's HIS blunder as to why Jones is having to pull return duty.

So why blame Jones.

We kept a guy in Jones Roster spot to start the season. Jones got healthy and came back. So who do we cut? Rossum. Not the scrub that wasn't doing a damn thing and riding the pine.

Oh wait we also lost SHEETS because of that fool.

Can't really blame Jones because he was never really used up to the last game prior to today.

But you can blame Scott for some truly ignorant moves. He may know talent. He MAY get some sweet deals on draft day(i.e. the Carolina pick) but he's $4|T come the regular season.

I'm all for cuttin ties with THAT guy.

~Ceadder
He's absolutely horrible.
  • Mex49
Who put him in the game as PR. Cut that SOB
Originally posted by Mex49:
Who put him in the game as PR. Cut that SOB

sing
I don't understand why it takes so long to realize this guy isn't a PR. He refuses to call fair catches which luckily hasn't bitten us yet, and then today's blunder.

That's not his spot.

Haven't even seen his WR skills but regardless, he's still at least 4th on the depth chart.

I'm cool with cutting him.
He looked like a viable receiving threat today, how can anybody NOT acknowledge that crazy catch he made in mid-field like a basketball player, without even looking!?

Just watching that really makes me want to vomit upon our coaching personnel, knowing that we could have possibly had Jones or Hill as our #2 (during mid-season), and Morgan could have been our composite K/P returner.

Being a kick/punt returner is hard in the NFL, and you just can't stick anybody at the position just because you think he'll work there (Brandon Jones did absolutely zero return work in college, and was mediocre for the Titans at PR duties). Josh Morgan may have lost his speed this season, but he's been an experienced return option since Virginia Tech.

Don't blame the player, blame this semi-retarded coaching staff. -Hopefully though all this crap will be fixed in the off-season.
He will most likely be cut in the off season guys, or traded. The 49ers did not expect Crabtree to be there at 10 so they realized they needed a receiver. They signed him to a long deal just in case he started going off. Then instead of overpaid he is underpaid but can't really gripe about it. We gambled and lost.
Originally posted by Spoonerism:
He will most likely be cut in the off season guys, or traded. The 49ers did not expect Crabtree to be there at 10 so they realized they needed a receiver. They signed him to a long deal just in case he started going off. Then instead of overpaid he is underpaid but can't really gripe about it. We gambled and lost.

Well at least he doesn't fall down like old man bruce why running a route!
I think he'll make an impact for us as the season winds down. He's a lot bigger of a target than what he seems and I can now kind of see why we went after him this offseason.

Being injured really set him back...working him in as a PR was kind of a WTF move from the beginning.

Why did we cut Rossum again? What exactly did he do wrong? He housed one against the Seahawks at home if not for a block in the back that didn't affect the play.

• g0t0
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
He's a good reciever, just not a good PR. He has speed. When he got in the game and Alex got him the ball he had 2 nice catches, one called back on a BS penalty. But he's a decent WR and has good speed. We could use him better. Atleast he doesn't duck the freaking ball.

you cant put all the blame on a ROOKIE wr for not wanting to die... lol
Originally posted by g0t0:
He's a good reciever, just not a good PR. He has speed. When he got in the game and Alex got him the ball he had 2 nice catches, one called back on a BS penalty. But he's a decent WR and has good speed. We could use him better. Atleast he doesn't duck the freaking ball.

you cant put all the blame on a ROOKIE wr for not wanting to die... lol

The point is you don't keep someone on the roster that has 2 catches all season and can't play special teams. Jones signed a 5 years 16.5 million dollar contract with a 5.4 signing bonus. Basically if you aren't carrying your weight you're dead weight. If next year is uncapped you drop him unless you're actually going to use him as a WR.
He looked good when he got oppurtunities to actually play as a receiver instead of punt return where he looks below average.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Not only did he fumble, but he looked like an idiot/p***y when he tried to recover it
Share 49ersWebzone