LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Crabs drops TD video

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He actually could of had 4. When Davis dropped that long pass, that the lb knocked out. He would of almost been in the redzone, had he not dropped it.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
That was a really good throw.

This is what is getting me pumped up about Alex! I remember the endless arguments about his lack of accuracy and throwing deep. Well, he sure looks like he can do both, consistently now. What a great plus for us. He really is starting to get "it" and throws like this to Crabtree will come and Crabs will catch them.

I look forward to seeing more of these in the near future.

I think it's alex throwing the dirt ball when gore is 2 yards in front of him. Yeah almost had it. I like the cb who was on him. get's his hands into the guys chest but boy got his step anyways lol.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Nov 30, 2009 at 1:03 PM ]
crabs has dropped many passes so far...
Originally posted by schmons:

He is a rookie it happens. Even the GOAT had some dropsies his rookie year.
Originally posted by schmons:

Well at least he's getting open. With no training camp to making enough big time catchs to get davis one on one then im fine.
Man Crabtree is going to be really really good I think. If we continue with an aggressive game plan and Mike Johnson continues to work with Smith...I see Smith2Crabtree connections for years to come. Crabtree actually does what good WRs do in this league: fight for the ball and make the QB look good.

There were some questionable throws by Smith but Crabtree comes back for the ball or adjusts accordingly to make the play. He will only get better. I'll take a drop here and there as long as he is learning.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Man Crabtree is going to be really really good I think. If we continue with an aggressive game plan and Mike Johnson continues to work with Smith...I see Smith2Crabtree connections for years to come. Crabtree actually does what good WRs do in this league: fight for the ball and make the QB look good.

There were some questionable throws by Smith but Crabtree comes back for the ball or adjusts accordingly to make the play. He will only get better. I'll take a drop here and there as long as he is learning.

Anyone who can't see his potential now is crazy, he's only going to get better too
Was as about a perfect of a throw as I have seen Smith make. Crabs is a rook with great hands, he will catch that one more often than not.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

I haven't seen him make Alex look good yet. Most of his catches have been routine, and most of his drops are ones he should've caught easily. The play vs the bears where he didn't fight for the ball or couldn't because he was stumbling, was a chance for him to make Alex look good but he failed. The dropped TD made him look bad, because Alex put it on the money.

I'm looking forward to them playing pitch and catch for a long time. They will only get better with more games/practices under their belt.
[ Edited by Goldtimer on Nov 30, 2009 at 1:23 PM ]

Crabs is starting to put it together and get his feet under him. We're starting to see glimpses of his YAC potential. He's close to coming into form. We shrug it off because of the win but those are catches you have to make but I'm sure those two drops he had kept him up last night.
I think he is getting a little to excited and just needs to calm down ala Jerry after his rookie year and Vernon Davis after his fourth year:)
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
What a loser.

yep it was perfect that look lovely the threw it..
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

yep it was perfect that look lovely the threw it..

Yah I agree, I think Alex has gotten a lot better on his touch passes.
Share 49ersWebzone