LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 400 users in the forums

NFC West division title back in play

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Since week 3 i've got the feeling we lost the most important game of the season vs vikes
i thought down the road it would be the difference
i hope i'm wrong but i've still that feeling
we'll be one game behind AZ at the final gun and that would sickens me

Vince Young: FTW!!! Send those Birdz back to the Desert!
Originally posted by cris_sonic:

Vince Young: FTW!!! Send those Birdz back to the Desert!

Originally posted by 49Fever:
Since week 3 i've got the feeling we lost the most important game of the season vs vikes

what about the texans? colts? titans? packers?

all winnable games imo
Originally posted by matt49er:
Cardinals remaining games:
Vikings-L
at 49ers-L
at Lions-W
Rams-W
Packers-L

Cards final record 9-7 (0-2 vs 9ers)

49ers remaining games:
at Seahawks-W
Cardinals-W
at Eagles-L
Lions-W
at Rams-W

9ers final record 9-7 (2-0 vs. Cards)=playoffs/division title hopefully we just beat the Eagles though and get in at 10-6 that would be AWESOME.

I think this is the most likely way we could end up making the playoffs. It's not at all impossible. But there's also plenty of things that could go wrong. Some of the games we would have to win are not going to be easy.

If things go the way they should next weekend, then that monday night game against the Cards becomes relevant. If we win that game, THEN we're in a playoff chase.

Until that we should just be taking it one game at a time.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by matt49er:
Cardinals remaining games:
Vikings-L
at 49ers-L
at Lions-W
Rams-W
Packers-L

Cards final record 9-7 (0-2 vs 9ers)

49ers remaining games:
at Seahawks-W
Cardinals-W
at Eagles-L
Lions-W
at Rams-W

9ers final record 9-7 (2-0 vs. Cards)=playoffs/division title hopefully we just beat the Eagles though and get in at 10-6 that would be AWESOME.

I think this is the most likely way we could end up making the playoffs. It's not at all impossible. But there's also plenty of things that could go wrong. Some of the games we would have to win are not going to be easy.

If things go the way they should next weekend, then that monday night game against the Cards becomes relevant. If we win that game, THEN we're in a playoff chase.

Until that we should just be taking it one game at a time.

this. do not overlook the seabit****
Originally posted by WestCoast:

all winnable games imo

All by less than a TD. One would assume that the ball would somehow bounce our way once in one of those games.

Two of them the Defense couldn't come up with a big stop and the other two the offense couldn't score. LAME.
We will see what this teams got over these next 5 games. We had some very close games against some very good teams. This team is better then the record shows... Vikes, 2 seconds away from beating, Colts woulda, coulda, shoulda and the Titans, well another one we let slip away.
  • JC49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zachariah94:
not looking past the seahawks but i absolutely cannot wait for the mnf game against the cards

Since you're not looking ahead how 'bout the Eagles, on a short week, away, on the east coast, after the Cards?
  • JC49
  • Veteran
Assuming we win in Seattle and beat the Cards at home to pull even/ahead, we will need to beat the Eagles on a short week away to hang on to the division. Unless Green Bay can drop the Cards for us the final week of the regular season. This also assumes we and the Cardinals beat Detroit and St. Louis. We have zero margin for error. I like to root for us, not wish other teams ill (with the exception of the cowboys), but it sure would be nice if Arizona imploded.

Originally posted by JC49:
Assuming we win in Seattle and beat the Cards at home to pull even/ahead, we will need to beat the Eagles on a short week away to hang on to the division. Unless Green Bay can drop the Cards for us the final week of the regular season. This also assumes we and the Cardinals beat Detroit and St. Louis. We have zero margin for error. I like to root for us, not wish other teams ill (with the exception of the cowboys), but it sure would be nice if Arizona imploded.

i hope that vince young started cards implosion
Originally posted by WestCoast:

all winnable games imo

nothing compared to the vikes game and it's a personal feeling
we had that game in the coffin we just had to deflect a hail mary
the other games many things had to happen late in the game (big difference between one play and one drive you know)
but i understand what you mean
Share 49ersWebzone