LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Singletary's best coaching trait is.....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He doesn't have any good coaching traits. He's a disaster. Worse than Nolan.

go be a chargers fan then. were all sick of your whining. everyone sees the issues this team has, and nobody likes it, but be a man and stick with it. have some patience and confidence in the team. Bill Walsh's team looked like crap before we won the super bowl in 81-82.

quit crying and talking crap about the niners. we have plenty of fans, you may leave if you cant handle it.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Nov 28, 2009 at 2:50 AM ]
Originally posted by Niners99:

go be a chargers fan then. were all sick of your whining. everyone sees the issues this team has, and nobody likes it, but be a man and stick with it. have some patience and confidence in the team. Bill Walsh's team looked like crap before we won the super bowl in 81-82.

quit crying and talking crap about the niners. we have plenty of fans, you may leave if you cant handle it.

• Veteran
Intimidating the reporters in his post game interview when he loses.
Dropping his pants and motivating his players. We are the most motivated team in the league.
His ability to show tough love...he'll chew a guy out, but also give him positive reinforcement. Chilo Rachal's a good example...he told him, "hey, do I have to take you out...you need to step it up, son". It shows he truly cares about his players, a big reason they have so much respect for him.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
His ability to show tough love...he'll chew a guy out, but also give him positive reinforcement. Chilo Rachal's a good example...he told him, "hey, do I have to take you out...you need to step it up, son". It shows he truly cares about his players, a big reason they have so much respect for him.

It didn't really improve Chilo's sucky play did it?

I think it's his ability to relate to the players.

He knows when it's time to let them have it and when it's time to instill some confidence.

-9fA
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
It's almost like Singletary needs two have a co-coach who works with him at a peer leadership level. The co-coach works strategy and game planning, and Sing works game day execution and team dynamics. Sing seems to rock in one area and be deficient in the other.
Originally posted by jed_york:
Loyalty, loyalty to the ownership. So far, coach has never talked back to the ownership and executed every wish from the ownership with great enthusiasm.

Welcome Back NHAP
Originally posted by Shaj:
It's almost like Singletary needs two have a co-coach who works with him at a peer leadership level. The co-coach works strategy and game planning, and Sing works game day execution and team dynamics. Sing seems to rock in one area and be deficient in the other.

Coach Singletary is a humble man, with consent from the ownership, coach Singletary does seek advise from coach Nolan discreetly.

No. Haven't seen him throw players under the bus or demand that they be "Singletary" guys. He may or may not be the answer to the Niners woes but I'll take him over Nolan any day.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
It's his ability to know when a player needs to be knocked out!

How many times can you say settle down and play your game.
Originally posted by BHulman:

No. Haven't seen him throw players under the bus or demand that they be "Singletary" guys. He may or may not be the answer to the Niners woes but I'll take him over Nolan any day.

Our players remain Nolan guys, coach Singletary has too much respect for his mentor to demand that change.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I think it's his ability to relate to the players.

He knows when it's time to let them have it and when it's time to instill some confidence.

-9fA

Aint nothing like a HOFer coaching you up. It's like a young gangster boy listening to one of the OGs from the hood who's been shot and served his time in the pin.
his best trait is coming close to winning at the end of the game after a slow start giving us hope for next week but then the cycle repeats.
Share 49ersWebzone