There are 189 users in the forums

"The Joe Show" - Joe Staley Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
"I've been around here a couple offseasons where we've just been like, Man, I hope this year goes well," says Staley, a 49er since 2007. "But now we're workingfor something. Have a bad play and it's like, We have to get this right." The last time he felt like that? "Probably [Jim] Harbaugh's last year," he says, back in '14. "But even then, there was some stuff going on that was just like, all right, this is going off the rails a little bit. It wasn't so much the QB situation or anything like that, but [now] you can see the light at the end of the tunnel."
Originally posted by Scottie15:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

ive watched this like 50 times lol

But but but Joe is done? We need to bench him derp

Wasn't Clowney also hurt? Hernia?

Core injury

And Joe just came back from a broken leg and dislocated his fingers the 1st game they played Seattle yet a ton of people were in here mouthing off about how he's done lol.
  • Jaci
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Love how everyone loves Staley when just a few weeks ago most wanted him to retire because he was washed up.

In all fairness, people still loved him personally. But they may have thought time had gotten to him like it does to all players, based on his play that game and age.
Turns out, though, Joe Staley is no mere mortal.

And Joe just came back from a broken leg and dislocated his fingers the 1st game they played Seattle yet a ton of people were in here mouthing off about how he's done lol.

I'd be hurt too after only getting 1 tackle.

Hear hear!!!
Originally posted by Jaci:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Love how everyone loves Staley when just a few weeks ago most wanted him to retire because he was washed up.

In all fairness, people still loved him personally. But they may have thought time had gotten to him like it does to all players, based on his play that game and age.
Turns out, though, Joe Staley is no mere mortal.

Dude shutdown Clowney. Was awesome.

And there you have it, he's not retiring he's finishing his contract out. Joe is the LT in SF until he calls it a day.
I think if we win the SB this year, Joe Staley will hang it up as a champion.
I don't think Joe ever thought he would be a part of a Niner team that got the #1 seed going into the playoffs, and a chance at going to the SB, in these last couple of years of his playing time.

I think the situation got him welled up after the Seattle game
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 3, 2020 at 11:12 AM ]

Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

Brunskill would be his immediate replacement, right?
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

read the article I posted, he said no. He said he will fulfil his contract.

Even if the 49ers go all the way and win the Lombardi Trophy on Feb. 2 in Miami?

"No, I'm signed and under contract here," responded Staley, whose two-year extension through 2021 was announced by 49ers CEO Jed York at the State of the Franchise event in June.

"I still love playing football," Staley added. "It's like the ninth time someone's asked me (about retirement). I'm starting to wonder why."
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 3, 2020 at 12:33 PM ]
Joe should have a deep deep talk to the team about what this really means. Don't take things for granted. WIN THE 6TH!
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
You more than anyone f**king deserve it!
When these guys talk about going to a club next week he's going to have them all chained to the hotel room radiators lol
Share 49ersWebzone