LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

What the experts are saying............

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I will take the word of a guy who watches countless coach's film over any report who only watches live game and looks at stats and Chris Carter.

Merril Hodge said Alex doesn't have it. This guy analyzes games more than anyone and is very credibile. Jaws seems to believe that Alex is missing a lot of things also.

However, our key issues are this:

1. QB
2. OL (mainly injuries)
3. Edge Rusher

And dont forget Cool, the number one factor. You completely despise AS. So.

So what you're saying, is... that any time you see a JoeCool post, you think of the benny hill song too?
I will take the word of a guy who watches countless coach's film over any report who only watches live game and looks at stats and Chris Carter.

Merril Hodge said Alex doesn't have it. This guy analyzes games more than anyone and is very credibile. Jaws seems to believe that Alex is missing a lot of things also.

1. QB
2. OL (mainly injuries)
3. Edge Rusher

No, I am one who understand the fact that the key reason we keep standing still in terms of wins for the last 5 years has been QB, but no one sees the fact that we are asking a WHOLE lot from 21 players on the team including all coaches to accomodate one player who has been in this league for 5 years.

Isn't that what we used to say about Shaun Hill? He's been in the league for 5 years so you get what you see?

Same thing goes for Manny Lawson.
So far this season, Alex hasn't done anything great. So it's hard to tell if he is the future for this org. When he played in the past, nothing much there either.
Can he turn things around now that he has a better team around him (VD, Crabtree, Gore), well, he has 6 games left. It's a great chance to step up and show what he's got. I would think it's his last chance.
Matt Ryan has it? Joe Flacco has it? NO they really don't Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Brett Favre, they have it. Quit with the bulls**t Smith is playing just as good as Ryan and Flacco do you even watch football? When your offensive line gives you an average of 2-3 seconds to throw, your defense gives up 5 6+minute 60+ yard drives in the first half alone? Then you go out against all odds and throw 3 touchdowns against a top defense who knows your passing to get in the game and is blitzing you non stop and you still put up 21 points in the half yes your pretty impressive. The defense had the chance to play a part and regain their stature for getting ripped APART all game when the Packers got the ball back with 6 minutes left and we could NOT get them off the field if our lives depended on it. That game was not on Smith, it was BECAUSE OF SMITH that we were in the game go learn something about football IT drives me insane how STUPID some people are.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ZRF80:
[When it comes to quarterbacking, it's not that complicated. You either have it or you dont. Flacco and Ryan have it, and now they're succeeding in their offenses. I dont see why thats so hard to see....[/quote]

Flacco and Ryan are 5-5 each. That is why it's hard to see.

1. QB
2. OL (mainly injuries)
3. Edge Rusher

No, I am one who understand the fact that the key reason we keep standing still in terms of wins for the last 5 years has been QB, but no one sees the fact that we are asking a WHOLE lot from 21 players on the team including all coaches to accomodate one player who has been in this league for 5 years.

Isn't that what we used to say about Shaun Hill? He's been in the league for 5 years so you get what you see?

See what i mean thats what im saying, and just think about what im saying. Here it is second half of the season. And YOUR STILL BRINGING HILL INTO CONVERSATIONS.

I mean this is a forum, and ur right to ur own opinion as am I, however, I mean u just keep knocking on this Hill thing. I mean it's worse than those that STILL TALK ABOUT bringin in Davis.

And one thing u are forgetting. There are 21 other players on the team, and your the only one focusing on one. he doesnt play D, so how is that effecting them. When they dont stop on 3 and outs, that aint Alex its the D. When a receiver doesnt get open, it's the WR. Now dont get me wrong, he is no one near perfect, however, YOUR THE ONE every week, just pointin out Alex things of negativity. You never talk about how bad the oline is, how bad the d is sometimes. Every week in and week out, YOU YOURSELF actually make it about one person. so in that sense that why i say what i do, cause u have yet to adress a team issue. Its always a personal issue with smith. Thats what im saying, and i dont know why it's there.
A number of you express continued support for Singletary. You are the ones who should take note of something he said at his last press conference, something he didn't have to say: "Alex Smith, to me, is throwing the ball as well as any quarterback in the league right now. ... he is as accurate as any quarterback in the league right now."

It conforms to what I have seen during the games, and gives me comfort that Sing feels the same way after he has reviewed the game tapes. If the OL gave him more time, it is logical that the results would be even more positive.

1. QB
2. OL (mainly injuries)
3. Edge Rusher

See what i mean thats what im saying, and just think about what im saying. Here it is second half of the season. And YOUR STILL BRINGING HILL INTO CONVERSATIONS.

I mean this is a forum, and ur right to ur own opinion as am I, however, I mean u just keep knocking on this Hill thing. I mean it's worse than those that STILL TALK ABOUT bringin in Davis.

And one thing u are forgetting. There are 21 other players on the team, and your the only one focusing on one. he doesnt play D, so how is that effecting them. When they dont stop on 3 and outs, that aint Alex its the D. When a receiver doesnt get open, it's the WR. Now dont get me wrong, he is no one near perfect, however, YOUR THE ONE every week, just pointin out Alex things of negativity. You never talk about how bad the oline is, how bad the d is sometimes. Every week in and week out, YOU YOURSELF actually make it about one person. so in that sense that why i say what i do, cause u have yet to adress a team issue. Its always a personal issue with smith. Thats what im saying, and i dont know why it's there.

I only bring up the QB because teams around the league get by with these other issues but rarely does a team get by with a QB that isn't effective making mistakes. Look at DET, their OL sucked yet their QB still does good things. There are manny teams with subpar OL who still have success on offense. No one will get until we have a probowl offense and still can't mister up a consistent passing game. We had a dominating OL in 2006 but our coaches couldn't figure out how to hide Kwame by giving him help which is why strategy plays a big factor also. Fact is, be it Hill or Smith, our passing game has rarely helped us control a game.
Originally posted by 49ersking:
So far this season, Alex hasn't done anything great. So it's hard to tell if he is the future for this org. When he played in the past, nothing much there either.
Can he turn things around now that he has a better team around him (VD, Crabtree, Gore), well, he has 6 games left. It's a great chance to step up and show what he's got. I would think it's his last chance.

It had better be...I've heard the Smith apologists claim that he needs next year also...if he does not perk up by the end of the year..BUH-BYE!
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by Thrash88:
Matt Ryan has it? Joe Flacco has it? NO they really don't Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Brett Favre, they have it. Quit with the bulls**t Smith is playing just as good as Ryan and Flacco do you even watch football? When your offensive line gives you an average of 2-3 seconds to throw, your defense gives up 5 6+minute 60+ yard drives in the first half alone? Then you go out against all odds and throw 3 touchdowns against a top defense who knows your passing to get in the game and is blitzing you non stop and you still put up 21 points in the half yes your pretty impressive. The defense had the chance to play a part and regain their stature for getting ripped APART all game when the Packers got the ball back with 6 minutes left and we could NOT get them off the field if our lives depended on it. That game was not on Smith, it was BECAUSE OF SMITH that we were in the game go learn something about football IT drives me insane how STUPID some people are.

Yeah, good one. Smith is playing as well as Flacco and Ryan ? Get real, bro. Smith is not at their level, and the sooner you people realize this (including the coaching staff), the sooner we get to being a contender again. I find it laughable that you guys can actually pin Smith in as a viable QB; as if he could imitate the same game that Ryan had against us if he was given the same situation. Yeah right.

I bet you're one of the proud that gives him a "B" grade, right ? Not close enough to be an "A" (Brady, Manning, Favre), but close enough.

• Dino
  • Veteran
nevermind. it's not worth it.
[ Edited by Dino on Nov 25, 2009 at 11:51 AM ]
Originally posted by ZRF80:

Yeah, good one. Smith is playing as well as Flacco and Ryan ? Get real, bro. Smith is not at their level, and the sooner you people realize this (including the coaching staff), the sooner we get to being a contender again. I find it laughable that you guys can actually pin Smith in as a viable QB; as if he could imitate the same game that Ryan had against us if he was given the same situation. Yeah right.

I bet you're one of the proud that gives him a "B" grade, right ? Not close enough to be an "A" (Brady, Manning, Favre), but close enough.

If Smith was in Ryan's shoes and he that pass where Clements and Roman missed would have been a batted "tipped ball" because Smith would have gotten it there a split second later.
Matt Ryan has Roddy White, Tony Gonz at TE and Turner at RB...he's 5-5? thanks for coming out brains.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Matt Ryan has Roddy White, Tony Gonz at TE and Turner at RB...he's 5-5? thanks for coming out brains.

yeah, it's all matt ryans fault that their 5-5. thanks for coming out brains.
Yes just like it's all Alex Smith's fault were 4-6 shut the f**k up I want to fight you? YOU JUST COMPARED RYAN TO SMITH WHO HAVE THE SAME STATS AND SIMILAR RECORDS AND YET IT'S SMITH WHO GETS THE BAD THUMB? Seriously if you were next to me right now I'd kick your ass your a f**king retard. I hope I get deleted off these forums this isn't a 49er fan forums it's a guys in skirts who dont' know s**t about football and run our mouths from our f**king couch forums.
Share 49ersWebzone