LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

49ers Great and Hall of Famer, Bob St. Clair Comments on Our Current Team!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Click Here...

Very interesting comments! He hits it right on the money.

transcript?
watching now so far..really like what the have said so far (8min in)

they want jimmy to change his calling
Thanks for the link. Great interview. HOF players never lose it. The guy still knows what he is talking about. To date myself, I actually saw Bob play, had to really compete against some of the legendary D lineman. Blocked for four HOF backfield mates. Great memories. He obviously thinks that Raye's play calling borders on the obscene and grotesque.
Originally posted by RaiderHater90:
watching now so far..really like what the have said so far (8min in)

they want jimmy to change his calling

Wait until you get to him talking about the players of his era vs. players of today!

And him playing Wilt Chamberlain in a pick up game.
Any chance we could sign him for the rest of the games (probably could do a better job then what we've got now).

Really wish I could have seen St. Clair play, he was one hell of a linemen.
can anyone recap please?
man, I can listen to him talk all day.

thankx for the link...

at Wilt getting pwned.
Raw raw raw!!!

Transcripts would be nice
lol @ candyasses

• Black59Razor
  • Info N/A
The man eats raw Steak regularly. Bob St. Clair FTW!!!
[ Edited by Black59Razor on Nov 24, 2009 at 10:54 PM ]
I watched about half of this lengthy interview. St. Clair explains that the playcalling on offense has seriously hindered the team's ability to be successful on offense. He even goes as far as saying that the lack of success this season at LG, RG, and RT has a lot to do with the defense playing so many guys tight to the LOS.
Wonder if he would make a good O-line coach.

• BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

I would wonder if a guy from that era would have an advantage or disadvantage trying to coach players of today. Look at St. Clair's posed picture above, while it may look funny to some, your hands could not stray any further away from your body when blocking or you would get flagged. Also once helmets were used it was legal for a defender to hit you in the head. Blocking was a lot more difficult in St. Clair's day, than it is now, I wonder if that would help or hurt his teaching abilities?
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

I would wonder if a guy from that era would have an advantage or disadvantage trying to coach players of today. Look at St. Clair's posed picture above, while it may look funny to some, your hands could not stray any further away from your body when blocking or you would get flagged. Also once helmets were used it was legal for a defender to hit you in the head. Blocking was a lot more difficult in St. Clair's day, than it is now, I wonder if that would help or hurt his teaching abilities?

I would think tht he could come and still be an effective o line coach in today's game. blocking is blocking. the same fundamentals still apply. I'm sure a lot of these guys hae kept up with the years adn years of rule changes so as teh years go by they woudl hae adpted to that. Now it would be different if he were brought in to be a coordinator rather than a position coach given how different the game is on the field.
Share 49ersWebzone