LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 324 users in the forums

Did you ever notice Sing talks tough but coaches like a little girl?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
sing is not the real deal.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

We're slowly finding this out. One loss at a time.

-9fA
I don't think he is coaching scared as much as coaching with little trust of the offense, and coaching from a standpoint of not knowing how to improve the offense even if he wanted to intervene in that ongoing disaster.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

I knew this at the beginning and called it too.

-9fA

To be fair, you call everything to fail.

-9fA

-9fA

To be fair, you call everything to fail.

-9fA

But I knew this would fail and said so at the time.
in a way its true, i dont think he realizes how much talent we have or what we should do with it, he believes in playing it safe
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
don't worry TC, I agree with you.....I just wonder if the players see the same thing now......

and I'm a Singletary fan....in the very beginning, I loved how disciplined our players were, Last year and early this year....few offsides...few penalties....and few turnovers.....but it seems since Alex took over he does not care about penalties or turnovers....it is like he has a double standard which I believe will affect how he is perceived by his players......he used to make the biggest deal about Turnovers..but since Alex took over its like he as excuses for them now.....

I mean if it is not Alex's fault, then why the F' are these other players being rewarded....if it is Josh Morgan's fault for not catching a pass, why was he awarded the starting job.....I mean, sure Bruce has dropped passes, but his have not led to turnovers....same thing with Crabtree.......if they are the reasons for Alex's turnovers then they need to be disciplined.....and if it is not their fault, then Sing needs to stop looking like an idiot and making excuses for Alex just so his feelings don't get hurt.........he needs to tell him no more turnovers!

I was going to write something about how you are really pulling out all of the stops to lay everything wrong with the Niners at Smith's feet when I realized that you must really believe this.

One thing, if we really start using the potential of weapons like Crabtree and Davis, the Niners will need to be able to throw the ball (no matter who the QB is) down the field. It will probably mean that there will be more interceptions than there would be in the conservative passing game they had at the beginning of the year. I'm not blaming Hill here, he played the game that was called. But there is also a chance that there will be more touchdowns as a result. As for Smith or any quarterback, I don't think it would be advisable for a coach to call (or to do it very sparingly) out a quarterback for trying to make a play down the field. No matter whose fault it was, the receiver got his hands on the ball. Meaning, it was close. If you don't want interceptions then run the ball (behind the Niner O-Line) the first two plays and dump it off on the third. And then punt.

Regarding "disciplining" Crabtree. Again, I am not going to argue who was at fault over those couple of interceptions. But Crabtree went up and made plays for the ball. That guy is a baller and is going to special. How would you suggest they "discipline" him?

BHulman, I'm more talking about these passes that are not deep or anything.... they are 5-15yard passes that are off target, but although most say (which I disagree with) that if it hits a receivers hands, they are expected to catch it and it is on them...... these are the types of passes I feel are inexcusable, be it being Alex's fault or Morgan or who ever..... they have happened one too many times....and that is before we starting playing in the "spread".

as far as this...
"how you are really pulling out all of the stops to lay everything wrong with the Niners at Smith's feet"

I feel the play calling is more the problem than Alex...but at the same time Alex hasn't proved much to show me he should remain the starter or just be a starter....what game has he really won us?

alot of posters were saying Shaun Hill is not a QB who can put the team on his shoulders and win you a game when you need him......and that Alex is and that is why Hill should get benched and Alex should start...

When has Alex put us on his back and put us in a position to win late in a game....

against the Cards, we were running it up the gut the whole time...and when that conserviative BS costed us the lead, the team needed their QB to drive down field and get the lead....Shaun did his part and drove us down field, even though he wasn't really allowed to get into a passing rhythm (much like Alex against the Colts)......but Shaun still got us the lead...and we won a game, no one that we would win......

same thing happened against the Vikes...we had Coffee, a rookie, of all people going up the gut for most of the game, and as soon as that conservative BS cost us the lead late in the game...the team needed their QB to drive down the field in a tough place and take the lead....and that is what Shaun Hill did, put the team on his back like some said he couldn't and drove down field and scored and gave us a 4 pt lead.....

Alex had 2 chances vs the Titans, at home.....he had a chance vs the Colts.....he had a chance to put the Bears away, but couldn't....thank god for Cutler.

so although I don't put everything on Alex's feet......I still feel he hasn't came through when we needed him....he has not put this team on his back and got us that lead late in a game to win it...... sure he has made come backs from big deficits.....but when it counts, like most say about him....he seems to "choke".
[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 24, 2009 at 9:10 PM ]
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
in a way its true, i dont think he realizes how much talent we have or what we should do with it, he believes in playing it safe

Yes and it is costing us wins!
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=133917

Thread for this

Share 49ersWebzone