LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Sounds crazy..but we still have one last chance for playoffs.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Psinex:
You guys realize that the Cardinals might lose Kurt Warner for at least a game or two. I doubt Leinart is going to make them better, so our chances are looking pretty good IF, and this is a big if, we take care of our own business. This includes the big Monday Night Football game on Dec. 14th.

Is he really supposed to miss time?
  • Adman
  • Veteran
Right now the MNF game is the least of our worries. We need to win at Seattle to make the MNF game against the Cards meaningful.

Let's go 49ers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Gelder:
You guys realize that the Cardinals might lose Kurt Warner for at least a game or two. I doubt Leinart is going to make them better, so our chances are looking pretty good IF, and this is a big if, we take care of our own business. This includes the big Monday Night Football game on Dec. 14th.

yes

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/30/kurt-warner-could-miss-more-games/
Originally posted by Adman:
Right now the MNF game is the least of our worries. We need to win at Seattle to make the MNF game against the Cards meaningful.

Let's go 49ers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd be saying the same thing if we were playing the Cleveland Browns.
Originally posted by Gelder:

Would be nice. He's a huge upgrade over Leinart.
I know I'm getting ahead of myself because we still have a lot of football to play but here's how things are looking as of now.

Division Leaders

Saints
Vikings
Cowboys
Cardinals

Wild-Card Teams

Eagles-at Atlanta, at N.Y. Giants, San Francisco, Denver, at Dallas.
Packers- Baltimore, at Chicago, at Pittsburgh, Seattle, at Arizona.

In The Hunt

Giants-Dallas, Philadelphia, at Washington, Carolina, at Minnesota.
Falcons- Philadelphia, New Orleans, at N.Y. Jets, Buffalo, at Tampa Bay.
49ers-at Seattle, Arizona, at Philadelphia, Detroit, at St. Louis.

Now, if we get in we will obviously be in the Division Leader slot. If we are sitting there we get the privilege of taking on 1 of the wild card teams first. The question I ask you guys is who would you rather play? I think we could get a shot at a little payback and get possibly the Falcons or the Packers. Personally I would rather go after the Falcons and take on Ryan.
Originally posted by jreff22:
I know I'm getting ahead of myself because we still have a lot of football to play but here's how things are looking as of now.

Division Leaders

Saints
Vikings
Cowboys
Cardinals

Wild-Card Teams

In The Hunt

Now, if we get in we will obviously be in the Division Leader slot. If we are sitting there we get the privilege of taking on 1 of the wild card teams first. The question I ask you guys is who would you rather play? I think we could get a shot at a little payback and get possibly the Falcons or the Packers. Personally I would rather go after the Falcons and take on Ryan.

Let's beat Seattle first!
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by jreff22:

Division Leaders

Saints
Vikings
Cowboys
Cardinals

Wild-Card Teams

In The Hunt

No way. A rematch against Green Bay at Candlestick would be epic. Not only would it reopen a lost rivalry, but Id like to see our team with the spread (assuming it works from here-on-out) against GB's defense.

My fingers are crossed......
If we win out I think we could get in as a Wild Card with a 10-6 record. Its a possiblity but I don't think we will win out.

I think we finish 9-7 and I hope the game we lose is not against the Cards.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
The only way to get in is to win the west. There are too many teams ahead of us in the wildcard that have the tie breaker advantage on us to get in.

Lets beat the Seahawks and root for the Cards to lose vs. the Vikings. Then I will be on a plane to San Fran from Columbus, OH because I have tickets to the Monday Night Game.....2nd row 40 yard line!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genz22:
Lets beat the Seahawks and root for the Cards to lose vs. the Vikings. Then I will be on a plane to San Fran from Columbus, OH because I have tickets to the Monday Night Game.....2nd row 40 yard line!

Lucky bum.

Lets not lose focus. Seattle first, then we can look at the possibility of beating Arizona. When we get that far then we can fatasize a bit. But first things first. The rest will take care of itself if we beat Seattle.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:

Lets not lose focus. Seattle first, then we can look at the possibility of beating Arizona. When we get that far then we can fatasize a bit. But first things first. The rest will take care of itself if we beat Seattle.

Yeah because if us fans lose focus, the players surely will!
We still have a chance at 9-7 to get in only if, only if, we beat AZ, but lose to Philly and AZ loses to GB in the final game of the season...that is the only way we get into the playoffs at 9-7, as divisional winners. As a matter of fact, I think that is the only way to get into the dance, as divisional winners.

Now for argument sake, let's say we win the division. IMO, GB will be the highest seed of the WC teams. As a result, they play the lowest seed in the WC divisional team, that would be us, IMO.

So a rematch at the Stick is not out of the realm of possibilities. That's why this is a very exciting time for fans.

Our team is maturing, gaining confidence and simply having fun at the right time. They just need to keep doing it. From now on, they have to know it is win or die.

I believe our 49ers will step up to the challenge and win the West. IMO, I really don't think they are going to look past Seattle and instead focus on the game at hand with fervor and determination. They are all buying in now.

You can't ask for more than that as a fan with this team. Heck, just two weeks ago we were calling for everyone's head.

Funny how winning changes everything.
Share 49ersWebzone