There are 172 users in the forums

Sounds crazy..but we still have one last chance for playoffs.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by kemp_j:
Originally posted by Adman:
Cardinals schedule next 3 weeks:
@Tennessee (Warner has head injury), Minnesota (should straight up out play the Cards), and @ SF (MNF).

Our schedule next 3 weeks:
Jacksonville, @Seattle, Arizona(MNF)

Look at these schedules. With the Cards 2 games ahead of us...they could very likely lose their next 2. If we can some how get our s**t together and play atleast average these next 2 weeks we should be able to beat Jacksonville and Seattle.

Meaning...the MNF game against the Cards will be for 1st place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this team so much that I'm willing to dream with you!!!! Keep hope alive!!!!

same here but it's embarassing to me that i'm actually buying into it
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

This.

Too little, too late.
Someone's gotta keep the dream alive...preach on brother!
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Simple as that. I'm not high, but something tells me we will make a push (Takeo Spikes). Then we will play the Eagles and win because we will have to (and I will be at that game and they do not want to let me down). Then we will crush the Lions and Rams to finish the season. Likely, maybe but we have to get lucky (Warner's head explodes). Impossible, no.

Ok so now bring on the "We just can't win! Can't you see that?! No way is this team is a playoff team!!"

I'm ready
[ Edited by ApatheticIAm on Nov 25, 2009 at 1:59 AM ]

im as optimistic as you can get, but i'm not feeling it
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Cardinals schedule:

Tennessee
Minnesota
San Francisco
Detroit
St. Louis
Green Bay

TN is playing great football right now. They are now 4-0 since they put VY back in at the starter. They could very easily beat AZ. Minnesota should be able to handle AZ no problem. We have to win that Monday night game. They'll beat Detroit and St. Louis again. Green Bay is a tough one. If they play hot like they did against us they can win. Harris and Kampman being out will kill their passing defense, so it might be a duel in the air. If AZ wins we're out of the picture. If they lose they end up at 9-7.

Our schedule:

Jacksonville
Seattle
Arizona
Philadelphia
Detroit
St. Louis

Other than Philadelphia those are all winnable games. (AZ is the must win.) If we win every game but Philly we are at 9-7. Since we have the better division record we clinch NFC west and go to the playoffs. Even Philly is a streaky team--if they play like they played against the Raiders we can beat them too. Bottom line is we can only lose one more game to have any hope at all of going to the playoffs.

Will this happen? Probably not. But it's not impossible.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by matt49er:

same here but it's embarassing to me that i'm actually buying into it

It's not out of the realm of possibility.

Titans are 4-0 since putting VY in. They're playing like the 13-3 team they were last year. I think they beat up on AZ

Minnesota will hand AZ a loss as well.

We absolutely have to beat AZ at home to keep the dream alive. If we don't we're out of the playoff picture.

AZ should beat up on Detroit and St. Louis. Depending on which GB team shows up it could be interesting. If AZ wins they're 10-6 and division champs and we're done. If they lose they're 9-7 and we have a shot.

We've got Jacksonville, Seattle, AZ, Philly, Detroit, St. Louis. We can afford one loss out of those games and it can't be to AZ. If we go 5-1 for the rest of the year we end up at 9-7 with a tie breaker (assuming that GB beats AZ).

Mathematically we're still in it. Is it likely? Not so much, but it's not an impossible hope either.
You guys realize that the Cardinals might lose Kurt Warner for at least a game or two. I doubt Leinart is going to make them better, so our chances are looking pretty good IF, and this is a big if, we take care of our own business. This includes the big Monday Night Football game on Dec. 14th.
I think the Wildcard is a better possibility. The Cards would have to collapse, and we would have to go on a tear.

If the world was flat instead of round...
Originally posted by smileyman:
Cardinals schedule:

Tennessee
Minnesota
San Francisco
Detroit
St. Louis
Green Bay

TN is playing great football right now. They are now 4-0 since they put VY back in at the starter. They could very easily beat AZ. Minnesota should be able to handle AZ no problem. We have to win that Monday night game. They'll beat Detroit and St. Louis again. Green Bay is a tough one. If they play hot like they did against us they can win. Harris and Kampman being out will kill their passing defense, so it might be a duel in the air. If AZ wins we're out of the picture. If they lose they end up at 9-7.

Our schedule:

Jacksonville
Seattle
Arizona
Philadelphia
Detroit
St. Louis

Other than Philadelphia those are all winnable games. (AZ is the must win.) If we win every game but Philly we are at 9-7. Since we have the better division record we clinch NFC west and go to the playoffs. Even Philly is a streaky team--if they play like they played against the Raiders we can beat them too. Bottom line is we can only lose one more game to have any hope at all of going to the playoffs.

Will this happen? Probably not. But it's not impossible.

Completely agree. both teams finish 9-7 and we get the tie breaker
Jacksonville is no push over team so don't just over look them on our schedule and say hey that's a win. We beat Arizona in the beginning of the season, well that's another automatic win for us, we may or may not beat philly. I love this franchise and it kills me everytime they lose and don't make the playoffs but sorry playoff hopes are long past us once again folks. So try and understand that.
At this point, I'd simply take two wins in a row. Let's be realistic. This team is not going to the postseason.
yall ninjas crazy. please don't commit suicide when this doesn't happen. I'll be happy if we win the majority of our remaining games.
Share 49ersWebzone