There are 185 users in the forums

Sounds crazy..but we still have one last chance for playoffs.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by aacadena:
Originally posted by krizay:
CAN NOT PLAY WITH EM!

CAN NOT COACH WITH EM!

CAN NOT WIN WITH EM!

CAN'T DO IT!

I'd take Shaun's pic off though

Why would you do that, i thought you like jacking off to his pic....

Oh but maybe he should jack you off so he can get his arm stronger.

Seriously Afrikan, your man love is getting outta hand for Hill.

In the long term I would prefer Nate Davis over Shaun Hill......but for right now, as far as winning games.....I believe Shaun would have won us more games with this stubborn offensive strategy than with Alex these past 4 weeks.......

our defense did great against the Titans for most of the game.....it didn't help that Alex was threw/involved in 4 turnovers.....2 late in the game.....one returned for a TD.....I believe Shaun would have won that game for us.....

I also believe Shaun would have won the Bears game, where Cutler threw 5ints but the Bears still had a chance to win the game with a pass in the endzone....

who knows what would have happened against the Packers....when we were down 13points, Alex threw a key int, that gave the Packers great field position to score and extend it to a 3score game.....sure we came back, and I give Alex credit for fighting back.....but Alex has not proved this year that he can get us a drive late in games when we need him to.....

and this brings me to this weekends game.... the Jags are similar to the Bears and Titans..they are not a high scoring team...and I believe it will be a low scoring game....BUT their QB is not Cutler, far from it, I doubt he throws an INT against us.... so Alex will need to stop his 2009 patent 1int per game streak, because that might be the difference in the game....

I believe Shaun would be able to win us this game against the Jags..... I don't know if Alex can....he hasn't really given me any reason to believe so.....

Like I have posted before, if we are going to stay in this stubborn offensive approach, Shaun gives us the better chance of winning more games........if we switch it up....well at least Alex will be in something he is more comfortable in...and we will have to see how he responds....he looked great in that 1st half vs the Bears...but he threw that INT and scared the coaches......

don't get me wrong, I don't see no chance of Shaun being brought back in to start games....the only scenario he will play is if Alex gets hurt or Alex does so bad (after we are eliminated from the playoffs) that Sing will be forced to bench him...if we are playing at home.....other wise if we are on the road I don't think Sing will care.....he seems more worried about Alex's feelings that what is best for this team.

Dude get your facts straight. Jacksonville is the 2nd ranked running offense in the league, they're a high scoring team, and our defense blows. Their running back MJD has 13 TDs. They're QB has 2000 yards so far. They've got to good WRs in Sims-Walker and Holt.

I don't see how you think Shaun would've been in position to win the Tennessee or Indianapolis games. Did you watch his last 2 games? He scored an amazing total of 10 points in those, despite throwing like 52 times in 6 quarters. He can't outscore a team. He just can't. We wouldn't have had more than 3 points with him vs Tennessee, who is playing really well now(best RB in the league and won 4 straight).

The "key int" from Smith was only key because he brought us back in the first place. He was rolling, our offense was in rythm, and we had 6 minutes left, and our DEFENSE couldn't stop Ryan Grant from getting 3 first downs. With Shaun in the game we wouldn't have come back in the first place, because he can't make that throw to Crabtree, and a few of those other plays. Everyone throws INTs, Peyton MANNING has 4 in the last 2 weeks and the Colts have won both of those games because other guys on their team step up and make plays. Every QB throws INTs sometimes. Good teams come back and win those games if the offense still puts up points.
  • B650
  • Veteran
^^

This.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

I don't see how you think Shaun would've been in position to win the Tennessee or Indianapolis games. Did you watch his last 2 games? He scored an amazing total of 10 points in those, despite throwing like 52 times in 6 quarters. He can't outscore a team. He just can't. We wouldn't have had more than 3 points with him vs Tennessee, who is playing really well now(best RB in the league and won 4 straight).

The "key int" from Smith was only key because he brought us back in the first place. He was rolling, our offense was in rythm, and we had 6 minutes left, and our DEFENSE couldn't stop Ryan Grant from getting 3 first downs. With Shaun in the game we wouldn't have come back in the first place, because he can't make that throw to Crabtree, and a few of those other plays. Everyone throws INTs, Peyton MANNING has 4 in the last 2 weeks and the Colts have won both of those games because other guys on their team step up and make plays. Every QB throws INTs sometimes. Good teams come back and win those games if the offense still puts up points.

Bingo. Smith's INT was in no way "key". It happened at the beginning of the 4th quarter and was caused by Walker running his route wrong. After our last scoring drive we gave the ball back to GB with 5:50 left on the clock and our defense couldn't come up with a stop and let Ryan Grant run it down our throats to end the game.

Alex actually had a pretty good game. 224 yards passing isn't much, but he had 3 TDs, and only 1 INT. I'll take a 3:1 ratio of TDs to INTs any day of the week. His skills have improved week to week. He wasn't locking on to receivers this week, he was making his checkdowns (when he had time), and he was even able to pump fake on more than one occasion.

To blame him for this loss is ignoring the piss poor defense that we played in this game. Poor tackling, poor pass coverage, poor run blocking. Only 1 sack against the most sacked QB in the league? Awful all the way around.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
CAN NOT PLAY WITH EM!

CAN NOT COACH WITH EM!

CAN NOT WIN WITH EM!

CAN'T DO IT!

In the long term I would prefer Nate Davis over Shaun Hill......but for right now, as far as winning games.....I believe Shaun would have won us more games with this stubborn offensive strategy than with Alex these past 4 weeks.......

our defense did great against the Titans for most of the game.....it didn't help that Alex was threw/involved in 4 turnovers.....2 late in the game.....one returned for a TD.....I believe Shaun would have won that game for us.....

I also believe Shaun would have won the Bears game, where Cutler threw 5ints but the Bears still had a chance to win the game with a pass in the endzone....

who knows what would have happened against the Packers....when we were down 13points, Alex threw a key int, that gave the Packers great field position to score and extend it to a 3score game.....sure we came back, and I give Alex credit for fighting back.....but Alex has not proved this year that he can get us a drive late in games when we need him to.....

and this brings me to this weekends game.... the Jags are similar to the Bears and Titans..they are not a high scoring team...and I believe it will be a low scoring game....BUT their QB is not Cutler, far from it, I doubt he throws an INT against us.... so Alex will need to stop his 2009 patent 1int per game streak, because that might be the difference in the game....

I believe Shaun would be able to win us this game against the Jags..... I don't know if Alex can....he hasn't really given me any reason to believe so.....

Like I have posted before, if we are going to stay in this stubborn offensive approach, Shaun gives us the better chance of winning more games........if we switch it up....well at least Alex will be in something he is more comfortable in...and we will have to see how he responds....he looked great in that 1st half vs the Bears...but he threw that INT and scared the coaches......

don't get me wrong, I don't see no chance of Shaun being brought back in to start games....the only scenario he will play is if Alex gets hurt or Alex does so bad (after we are eliminated from the playoffs) that Sing will be forced to bench him...if we are playing at home.....other wise if we are on the road I don't think Sing will care.....he seems more worried about Alex's feelings that what is best for this team.

Dude get your facts straight. Jacksonville is the 2nd ranked running offense in the league, they're a high scoring team, and our defense blows. Their running back MJD has 13 TDs. They're QB has 2000 yards so far. They've got to good WRs in Sims-Walker and Holt.

Tell me something...is our offense potent....because if Jags are a high scoring team, then we must be as well because we score more points per game than they do...and that is with 2 different QBs combined struggling in a inept offense.

49ers - 20.8 pts per game
Jags - 19.9 pts per game (21st in the NFL)

and mind you they got blown out by the Seahawks 41-0...and got blown out by Cards at home.

I'm not saying they are weak, I'm just saying they are not like the Falcons or Texans who we struggled with staying in the game.....those are high scoring teams.

WTF are you talking about the Titans, as if they are a high scoring team....they are playing well right now...but that game, our defense kept it close... IT DID NOT HELP THAT ALEX TURNED THE BALL OVER 4 times...almost 5...... but our defense did their part for most of the game....they gave Alex 2 chances at the end to win or tie the game and he F'd up... STOP BEING BLIND.

If we turned the ball over 4 times and still had a chance to win a close game...what makes you think we would not be able to win a game with Shaun Hill who doesn't turn the ball over.....and for those who keep screaming about INTs and fumbles are the same as 3 and outs THEY ARE NOT....we play a field position type game...we have a great punter that can put opposing teams in tight spots and a defense that does fine for most of the game.... turnovers DO NOT HELP OUR TEAM.... STOP MENTIONING PAYTON MANNING AS FAR AS OTHER QBS WHO TURN THE BALL OVER, THEY ARE GREAT QBS WHO HAVE PROVED THEM SELVES, ALEX HAS NOT!

as far as the Packers game, I can't believe how Alex can throw an INT (5 weeks straight mind you) from deep in the opposing teams red zone and should be brushed off like its not a big deal.....the score was 23-10.....a 13 point game.....if we scored on that drive great, if we didn't fine...BUT DO NOT MAKE IT EASIER FOR THE F'N HOME TEAM TO GET AN EASY ARSE SCORE BY THROW INTs.... you can try to blame Dalenie it doesn't matter I have heard all before how it is never Alex's fault....but the fact remains....ALEX SAID IT, NICK COLLINS, the guy who got the pick said it..... HE WAS STARING DOWN THE RECEIVER AT THE WORSE POSSIBLE TIME and made it easier for the Safety to get a pick on a misscommunication between our players.......it was a 13 point game and then they got an easy TD off that, now it is a 20 point game. BIG DIFFERENCE, especially when you are the away team.

I'm not going to get into an debate with you about Shaun Hill......some of yall say he can't score TDs, yall said this in preseason....he came out and had 5TDs in the first 4 games.....and in 3 of those games he did not have Frank Gore or Micheal Crabtree...
[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 24, 2009 at 3:33 AM ]
As doubtful as it may seem, u never know, never give up until we are mathmatically eliminated.

Any given Sunday, hell the Raiders beat the Eagles
If we take care of our business the next 3 weeks we will be back in the playoff hunt. I think Arizona splits those 2 games, and if that's how it plays out we're 7-6 and a .5 game out from winning the division.

Mathematically we're far from done just yet. There's just no room for error anymore.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Arizona needs to lose to Minnesota, Tennessee, Packers and most importantly to us.

The only game we can lose is against the Eagles. If that happens we both end up 9-7 and we head win the tiebreaker.

Yup this can and will happen. The football gods work in strange ways. The Super Bowl Hangover curse and Madden Curse will do it's magic.
[ Edited by CMBieschke on Nov 24, 2009 at 8:31 AM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
We have to go undefeated and that's not gonna happen.

specially if sign isn't going shotgun the rest of the season. if he waits till the second half, then we'll loose half the games cause it'll be to late.
I'm optimistic to a fault when it comes to my Niners, but this will not happen. We are all done.
Forget the playoffs. I'm just hoping to end up 8-8.

Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Originally posted by backontop:
Won't happen. The 49ers aren't even going to be mathmatically still in the run for a playoff spot. I am calling my attorney, Jed York lied to me.

Well...
The regular season ends in january this year, so he gets by on a technicality

I don't care! Me and my attorney will be suing for season tickets for life until we win 3 Super Bowls in a row.

Well then you should prepare your kids to prepare their kids an so on an so forth for alot of misery.

Cause the 1st won't nhappen until 2081.

~Ceadder
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Guys, let's be really really honest with ourselves. If we go to the playoffs by some freak occurrence, we are ONE AND DONE no matter who we face. It's better we take it in the shorts for the regular season (as consistent with our level of play) and then get a good draft slot next year. Given the rookie pay scale could change, there will be some good ass competition next year in the whole draft, with tons of juniors declaring.
CAN NOT PLAY WITH EM!

CAN NOT COACH WITH EM!

CAN NOT WIN WITH EM!

CAN'T DO IT!

It's sad but I agree with you Afrikan.

I mean why the hell even go with Alex if ya won't even use him the best possible way?

I think at this point someone needs to smack Sing up the backside of his head. They'll probably get their ass kicked for doing so but at least they have a chance to get the mental juices flowing in the process.

~Ceadder
Why so emo?

we are on pace for 10-6 until we lose our next game. Calm down people.
We are still not out of it as crazy as it seems:

SF 4-6
W/ JAX and SEA

AZ 7-3
W/TEN and MIN

The Jax and Sea games are winnable for us especially the Sea one. AZ will have a harder time with both those games just based on the opponent they're playing.

Since we are still in this Kool-Aid World of hypothetical outcomes for playoff berths, we beat Jax and Sea and AZ loses their two.

Before MNF, SF 6-6 with AZ at 7-5.

We beat AZ, we both stand at 7-6...we would become leaders of the NFC West and better shot at the playoffs than AZ...after all they end with GB and we end with the Rams!

Anyway, it is still a possibility and I have seen crazier stuff happen in Dec.
Share 49ersWebzone