LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Players are turning against Sing... and they should

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by jaghetersofie:
I disagree that they are turning on Sing. I think they are turning on Jimmy Raye, as is Sing.

Dont blame everything on Raye. Sing is the one who insists on the power running game and conservative game plan. Thats why he hired Raye because that is all Raye can do.

Look at Raye's history, he is a conservative playcaller.

You know what I also see in Raye's history, a ridiculous lack of offensive talent. He's had maybe one or two great players at his disposal, and those players had very good seasons when he was the OC. He got Elvis f**king Grbac to throw for 4000+ yards for f**k's sake!!!
Shanahan is a great coach and one of the best offensive minds in the league. Regardless of who he has running the ball or quarterbacking, they produce. Plus, the Oline is never a concern under Shanahan and his zone-blocking scheme. Even late round picks and UDFAs play well in his system.

His huge negative is his personnel abilities. Had he never assumed control of personnel, he'd probably still be in Denver.

Of all the coaches out there, Shanahan is the guy I hope we sign. I not ready to give up on Singletary, but my patience is wearing thin. If he ignores our offensive strengths, I hope Scot cans him and brings in Shanahan.
i think they all wana go spread but im not sure they are turning on sing
  • Mex49
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
i think they all wana go spread but im not sure they are turning on sing

If he doesnt start listening to them it will only take another week.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by keeferr75:
Originally posted by imoDvoris:
The premise of this thread says the players refused to meet with MS mid-field during a TO. This is inaccurate. MS wanted to meet during a tv TO. The tv TO didn't occur and play was going to continue. The refs were spotting the ball and half the defense noticed this and turned to line up. MS realized this soon after coming on the field and retreated to the sidelines. Talk about making something out of nothing...this thread is the prime example of that.

word!! go niners!

Just another ignorant post based on speculation, conjecture and non fact...imagine that.

Hey Memphis are you the same guy with the Norv comment...........Now its a s**t thread..........turn around so I can see your other face
Originally posted by djfullshred:
It's amusing to me that a rookie has the balls to speak up, but the QB does not. Weak sauce from the QB in all this mess.

Hold up now. 3 years ago Alex got ROASTED by fans because he spoke up when he was hit with a tough question about his shoulder and whether or not he let Nolan in on the problem. Now you want it 180 degrees the other direction?

Just stop. Please just stop.

Alex ain't the powers that be. He does what he is SUPPOSED to do and that is to listen to the boss and put his best foot forward from there. Now you basically want him to have a moment reminiscent of Steve v. George on the sideline.

Newsflash, Alex shouldn't have to say anything more than what his play on the field dictates. And that is that this team should be running a BALANCE of spread with other things thrown in for good measure.

Imagine how this team could shock the league if they actually put two halves of solid Offense on the field in the same game. Not in two losing halves. That Offense would make the '99 Rams look like... well it would make them look like they were plodding oafs more than they were a scoring machine. And to me it's SCARY how much they've been held back. It's the job of the Coaching staff to identify and adjust accordingly. Not Alex's to "speak up". Kid shouldn't have too.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by kezar49er:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by keeferr75:
Originally posted by imoDvoris:
The premise of this thread says the players refused to meet with MS mid-field during a TO. This is inaccurate. MS wanted to meet during a tv TO. The tv TO didn't occur and play was going to continue. The refs were spotting the ball and half the defense noticed this and turned to line up. MS realized this soon after coming on the field and retreated to the sidelines. Talk about making something out of nothing...this thread is the prime example of that.

word!! go niners!

Just another ignorant post based on speculation, conjecture and non fact...imagine that.

Hey Memphis are you the same guy with the Norv comment...........Now its a s**t thread..........turn around so I can see your other face

The Norv comment? I stand with Memphis on that issue. F*ck Norv. I don't EVER expect a guy to turn down a HC job. But when the team you are going to leave gave you a quality raise(and you agreed to it) and you are leaving them with NO system in place then it's your responsibility to either tell the other team that as much as you would LOVE to take the job you have to be responsible and take a pass. NO team would hold that against you because it SHOWS that you understand loyalty and that your priority lays in how you approach your work.

If I could get a guy away from a team as easily as the Boltz stole Norv away? I would have had to rethink that choice and go another direction. Is that logical in Sports? No probably not. But some things you just do because it's the RIGHT thing to do. Not because it's the normal thing. Norvel can kiss my lilly white backside so far as I am concerned.

Btw what was so two faced about Memphis' statement? I think you owe the man an apology.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by djfullshred:
It's amusing to me that a rookie has the balls to speak up, but the QB does not. Weak sauce from the QB in all this mess.

Hold up now. 3 years ago Alex got ROASTED by fans because he spoke up when he was hit with a tough question about his shoulder and whether or not he let Nolan in on the problem. Now you want it 180 degrees the other direction?

Just stop. Please just stop.

Alex ain't the powers that be. He does what he is SUPPOSED to do and that is to listen to the boss and put his best foot forward from there. Now you basically want him to have a moment reminiscent of Steve v. George on the sideline.

Newsflash, Alex shouldn't have to say anything more than what his play on the field dictates. And that is that this team should be running a BALANCE of spread with other things thrown in for good measure.

Imagine how this team could shock the league if they actually put two halves of solid Offense on the field in the same game. Not in two losing halves. That Offense would make the '99 Rams look like... well it would make them look like they were plodding oafs more than they were a scoring machine. And to me it's SCARY how much they've been held back. It's the job of the Coaching staff to identify and adjust accordingly. Not Alex's to "speak up". Kid shouldn't have too.

~Ceadder

Kid is the operative word. Hopefully he acts more like a man if they are going to keep him around as starter.
  • TFSP
Originally posted by 190836:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
Mike Shanahan would not have his players turning on him..He'd just give them the stank eye, with that bad eye!

while leading them to 8-8 seasons and not making the playoffs

Shanahan is a proven coach with bunch of SB's under his belt, What exactly has Sing done so far? He can't even figure out his Offensive identity!

Superbowl rings with some of the greatest Denver Bronco's assembled together. Don't forget that!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I knew this would fall to pieces sooner rather than later. Motivational speeches and dropping your pants only get you so far.

Sooner or later things like running the scheme your players are actually good at are more important.

This failure was blatantly obvious. When little Jed went all 8 year old soccer coach on us in the locker room after last years Redskin game and announced Sing's hiring, I just shook my head and cradled my face in my hands in absolute dismay and agony.

Sing seems like a tremendous uncle to have, however, it's clear that he was not a tremendous choice for head coach. The sad thing is that I'm almost numb to the idiotic decisions made by these morons in the front office.

• TFSP
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by jaghetersofie:
I disagree that they are turning on Sing. I think they are turning on Jimmy Raye, as is Sing.

Dont blame everything on Raye. Sing is the one who insists on the power running game and conservative game plan. Thats why he hired Raye because that is all Raye can do.

Look at Raye's history, he is a conservative playcaller.

You know what I also see in Raye's history, a ridiculous lack of offensive talent. He's had maybe one or two great players at his disposal, and those players had very good seasons when he was the OC. He got Elvis f**king Grbac to throw for 4000+ yards for f**k's sake!!!

This is exactly what I've been trying to tell people. I'll bet that offensive-line for Elvis G, was better than our second-string o-line.
  • TFSP
Originally posted by posterX:
I knew this would fall to pieces sooner rather than later. Motivational speeches and dropping your pants only get you so far.

Sooner or later things like running the scheme your players are actually good at are more important.

This failure was blatantly obvious. When little Jed went all 8 year old soccer coach on us in the locker room after last years Redskin game and announced Sing's hiring, I just shook my head and cradled my face in my hands in absolute dismay and agony.

Sing seems like a tremendous uncle to have, however, it's clear that he was not a tremendous choice for head coach. The sad thing is that I'm almost numb to the idiotic decisions made by these morons in the front office.

Did Sing bring in the majority of the talent on this roster?
Hitting people in the mouth just doesnt do the job anymore.
  • TFSP
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by MadMartz:
I can guarantee you that we come out with the spread from the very first play next week. If not Sing can and should be fired. If you have the opportunity to score points then you do it. If you handicap the team from scoring points then you have to go. This is twice now that Alex has thrown 3 tds in a half when allowed too. The writing is on the wall and if you cant read it then you are blind!

To little to late, the fact it took Sing and Raye this long to figure it out (thats assuming they even do) it cost us the season

The commentators brought up a very valid point that shouldn't be overlooked. We have very limited practice in the spread offense. I can see why the coaching staff doesn't just want to change strategy mid season. All through TC and preseason we ran the smash mouth style offense. Those are the plays that our players know and have practiced time and time again. With the spread there is a lot more unfamiliarity with the personnel groupings and execution.

With that said, the only time we have moved the ball is in the spread. So you tell me?

I would like to see VD an DW in 65% of the shotgun formations. As much as I want Sing to bring us some more SB-rings, I thought he made a comment that I was confused about. In the presser, he said Franky G can't thrive running out of the shotgun. From what I seen, Frank doesn't have a problem reading blocks from that formation. It looks like he gets a chance to show his other talents and shake the sh*t out of defenders.
Originally posted by posterX:

The ownership and senior management made a good hire. Coach Singletary was and remains the best candidate as our head coach. The ownership and senior management are standing firmly behind coach Singletary. His performance is way beyond his pay grade, every body in the building. from janitor to players always walk around with that motivated look on their face.

Staying the course, the ownership and sr management are motivated to stay the course.
Share 49ersWebzone