LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 235 users in the forums

Players are turning against Sing... and they should

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersking:
At 4-6, it is quite clear that Singletary/Raye duo have lost track and focus. We will most likely finish 7-9, and most of this coaching staff will be given one more year to improve or screw up.
That leaves us, fans, in the wind for the next two seasons.
It's simply sad.

That is my biggest fear. We end up finishing okay and just good enough for all these guys to be brought back and were going to have the same problem, the same time next year.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by MadMartz:
I can guarantee you that we come out with the spread from the very first play next week. If not Sing can and should be fired. If you have the opportunity to score points then you do it. If you handicap the team from scoring points then you have to go. This is twice now that Alex has thrown 3 tds in a half when allowed to. The writing is on the wall and if you cant read it then you are blind!

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by jaghetersofie:
I disagree that they are turning on Sing. I think they are turning on Jimmy Raye, as is Sing.

What game did you watch?

They turned on him the VERY moment that we couldn't get that inch.

ONE FREAKIN INCH. That was the tale of the 1st half. After that we didn't get another friggin point.

If THAT isn't turning on your HC, then I seriously do not know what it is.

~Ceadder

Still can't believe he went for the FG on 4th and inches. UGH. So painful.

Oh come now. We couldn't get one inch in that first half. Do you honestly think we would have gotten one YARD?

I think if we had to run that down over in the 2nd half we would have gotten it 10 out of 10 times.

But if we tried to run that same down 10 times we would have gotten stuffed 100 times. And NO the last part is not a typo or over exaggeration. No imagination has stopped all out offensives in War as well as Football.

~Ceadder

Not only that but even if we get the TD we still lose the game. That didn't affect the outcome of the game at all. We were within 6 in the 4th qrt with a chance to win. If we get stuffed and don't come away with 3 then we don't even have a shot to win the game.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mississippi_sam:
The blame is equally shared between the HC and OC.

Blame Raye for this: banging our heads against a brick wall in the first half with predictable playcalling. Not going to the spread sooner.

Blame Sing for this: not forcing raye to change the game plan sooner. Allowing the bland playcalling to continue.

Jimmy Raye has been coaching in the NFL for 137 years. You can't tell me he doesn't know how to run a spread offense if he wants to. Either he is too stubborn to change, or isn't being given the freedom to do so.

Singletary is no idiot. He knows what's going on. Either he is too bull headed to commit to the spread, or he is a puppet on a string dangling just a little higher than raye.

the same goes for both. Either they are too stubborn or they don't have the authority to make the changes.

It starts in practice. They need to practice the spread more if that is what they intend to run.

Sing thinks he is still with the 1985 chicago bears. they played to their strengths (Walter Payton, the fridge, etc) and that's all Sing has ever known. He's trying to implement all he ever learned over here, and he doesn't have the experience to see any other way of doing it. You can't cookie cut offensive approaches like that, but it's what Sing is doing. Raye was hired because he is willing to do whatever Sing tells him to do. And so the vicious cycle continues.
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Originally posted by Method:
I disagree that they are turning on Sing. I think they are turning on Jimmy Raye, as is Sing.

What game did you watch?

They turned on him the VERY moment that we couldn't get that inch.

ONE FREAKIN INCH. That was the tale of the 1st half. After that we didn't get another friggin point.

If THAT isn't turning on your HC, then I seriously do not know what it is.

~Ceadder

Still can't believe he went for the FG on 4th and inches. UGH. So painful.

Oh come now. We couldn't get one inch in that first half. Do you honestly think we would have gotten one YARD?

I think if we had to run that down over in the 2nd half we would have gotten it 10 out of 10 times.

But if we tried to run that same down 10 times we would have gotten stuffed 100 times. And NO the last part is not a typo or over exaggeration. No imagination has stopped all out offensives in War as well as Football.

~Ceadder

Not only that but even if we get the TD we still lose the game. That didn't affect the outcome of the game at all. We were within 6 in the 4th qrt with a chance to win. If we get stuffed and don't come away with 3 then we don't even have a shot to win the game.

No disputing that. That one play STILL set the course of the game however.

Let's say they sent the CORRECT friggin play in an we get that stinkin inch.

It has McCarthy and Capers SCRAMBLING to find and answer, gives our Offense much needed confidence in themselves AND the Coaching Staff and it keeps us in the game.

There is NO better substitute than success. You just have to find the level of success that is acceptable and the level that is not. The way this team has been playing prior to this game getting 1 inch would have been HUGE.

~Ceadder
What we really need is for Norv Turner to get fired from SD and come back here. I doubt if he gets another head coaching offer if he gets canned from the bolts, so we wouldn't have to worry about that.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
What we really need is for Norv Turner to get fired from SD and come back here. I doubt if he gets another head coaching offer if he gets canned from the bolts, so we wouldn't have to worry about that.

Well, they're kinda making a playoff run so I don't know if that will happen.
After I had time to think about it and I watched the game again, this game falls directly on coach sing. This is three games in a row now where we come out with his vision of and offense, we get destroyed and than at half time he says "Dammit I guess we will have to go back to what works". We also do not have the lineman to produce the style of running game that he wants, Heck we got two guys starting for us that may not even be good enough to be on the other 31 teams in the league.

Even coach Billick was commenting all game about how he doesn't under stand why we haven't put Alex in a spread offense more often and why coach sing is in a identity crises. We have one of the best receiving RB in frank, we have one of the best receiving TE in vernon and then we have a whole cast of not great but solid WR in Crabtree, Hill, Morgan, Bruce, Battle and Jones... Then you have Alex who is built for a spread offense and has proven he can make it work.

Let me get this straight coach, with all those passing weapons, you want to put half on the bench and use the other half to block so only one guy can gain 3 yards and a could of dust???
I actually believe that Singletary has a little more rope from his players.

I say this because I feel that the team respects Singletary for his passion for the game and the fact that he's been "one of them." It's what gives him that edge over other coaches.

-9fA
  • jaghetersofie
  • Info N/A
I am losing faith listening to this press conference. I think next week's game will determine whether or not he keeps his job.

I am losing faith listening to this press conference. I think next week's game will determine whether or not he keeps his job.

do u think the front office has the balls to fire him? I don't. God I hope they sell the team sometime soon.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I actually believe that Singletary has a little more rope from his players.

I say this because I feel that the team respects Singletary for his passion for the game and the fact that he's been "one of them." It's what gives him that edge over other coaches.

-9fA

Save the HOF s**t already. He has lost 5 of the last 6 games. We are only 2 games better than the Raiders. That is disgusting
It's amusing to me that a rookie has the balls to speak up, but the QB does not. Weak sauce from the QB in all this mess.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Mike Shanahan would not have his players turning on him..He'd just give them the stank eye, with that bad eye!
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
Mike Shanahan would not have his players turning on him..He'd just give them the stank eye, with that bad eye!

while leading them to 8-8 seasons and not making the playoffs
Share 49ersWebzone