There are 169 users in the forums

Players are turning against Sing... and they should

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by jaghetersofie:
I disagree that they are turning on Sing. I think they are turning on Jimmy Raye, as is Sing.

Sing needs to take the blame for hiring a puppet. Promote Mike Johnson to OC, and see what he can do. Get rid of Raye or keep him as an assistant.

I think it is on Sing more than it is on Raye.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I knew this would fall to pieces sooner rather than later. Motivational speeches and dropping your pants only get you so far.
Sooner or later things like running the scheme your players are actually good at are more important.

...awesome...yet another year of inconsistency at OC, we end up creating a new record: how many different OC's in as many years. I say we own the record and have 10 in 10 years. GO NINERS!
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mex49:
you saw it live yesterday when Singletary called the huddle and a 1/3 of the players came over.

Crabtree is suggesting we go to the spread: "It enabled everybody to get open and make plays," "I was getting open the whole game," "I was doing my job. All I can do is do my job."

VD is saying the same thing: "I thought we did a better job in the second half," said Davis, "solely because we were in the spread offense and were able to get everybody involved in the passing game – running backs, wide receivers and tight ends.

"They're not just keying in on one person. They've got everyone to worry about. And that's what you want to do. You don't want to be a one-dimensional team."

Alex is thinking the same, but still being forever PC.

WELL...he always wants his play to be his voice....his play says SPREADCOAST
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I knew this would fall to pieces sooner rather than later. Motivational speeches and dropping your pants only get you so far.
Sooner or later things like running the scheme your players are actually good at are more important.

What you doing in niner talk, are you lost.
The ref wouldn't let Singletary gather-up the defense because it was a 30 second time-out . . . you could see the ref herding Sing back to the sideline almost as soon as he started to walk on to the field . . . so no on that.

As far as the offense . . . I'd agree that he's in danger of losing them.
  • jaghetersofie
  • Info N/A
I disagree that they are turning on Sing. I think they are turning on Jimmy Raye, as is Sing.

You mean Raye has gone rogue, off the reservation, secretly gameplanning all by himself?

Now say that with a straight face because I cant

I never said that. Singletary isn't the one calling the plays on offense and admittedly doesn't know a whole lot about offense. Do you really think that Singletary is calling the plays? I think he hired Jimmy Raye because he trusted what he could do with the offense and now he's losing his trust in his play-calling ability. At half-time it seems as though Sing has gone to Jimmy Raye and said "we need to change something." It shouldn't take that long to change things up but once it did change, the offense moved the chains and scored.

When Norv Turner was the OC, was Mike Nolan responsible for the offense's success? Last year, was Nolan or Singletary responsible for the offenses success? No, it was the OC, the one who the defensive-minded Head Coach entrusted with the offensive play-calling responsibilities.

In the Game-Planning sessions Raye is saying, "this is what will work, trust me." Sing isn't going to trust him anymore, at least not in my opinion.
[ Edited by jaghetersofie on Nov 23, 2009 at 11:12 AM ]
Two times yesterday Sing kind had the team huddle up and gave them a speech and both times they allowed a 1st down. I think guys are just tired of the same old crap and they are going to stop listenting because if they keep losing games whats the point to listening to this guy?
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
The ref wouldn't let Singletary gather-up the defense because it was a 30 second time-out . . . you could see the ref herding Sing back to the sideline almost as soon as he started to walk on to the field . . . so no on that.

As far as the offense . . . I'd agree that he's in danger of losing them.

Because it's time to stop babying your team and preach and TEACH mental toughness in practice. Can we have one game without a "let's rally the troops" speech?

Walsh valued one thing above all: PREPARATION

If you're team is prepared there's no need for "rally the troops" madness.

Until we get some decent coaches and guys who have superior X and O skills, develop our guys and pick them accordingly, nothing is going to change. We're repeating the same BS with Mike Nolan.

Walsh valued the fact that a Coach is a key reason why players perform well. Some of these coaches just don't get it.

What game did you watch?

They turned on him the VERY moment that we couldn't get that inch.

ONE FREAKIN INCH. That was the tale of the 1st half. After that we didn't get another friggin point.

If THAT isn't turning on your HC, then I seriously do not know what it is.

~Ceadder

I think they are turning more against Raye than Sing but you can be sure Singletary's speeches are starting to fall on deaf ears.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

What game did you watch?

They turned on him the VERY moment that we couldn't get that inch.

ONE FREAKIN INCH. That was the tale of the 1st half. After that we didn't get another friggin point.

If THAT isn't turning on your HC, then I seriously do not know what it is.

~Ceadder

Still can't believe he went for the FG on 4th and inches. UGH. So painful.
  • OHHWHAT
  • Info N/A
Well going forward, I'm definitely turning on his A$$
  • Mex49

You mean Raye has gone rogue, off the reservation, secretly gameplanning all by himself?

Now say that with a straight face because I cant

I never said that. Singletary isn't the one calling the plays on offense and admittedly doesn't know a whole lot about offense. Do you really think that Singletary is calling the plays? I think he hired Jimmy Raye because he trusted what he could do with the offense and now he's losing his trust in his play-calling ability. At half-time it seems as though Sing has gone to Jimmy Raye and said "we need to change something." It shouldn't take that long to change things up but once it did change, the offense moved the chains and scored.

When Norv Turner was the OC, was Mike Nolan responsible for the offense's success? Last year, was Nolan or Singletary responsible for the offenses success? No, it was the OC, the one who the defensive-minded Head Coach entrusted with the offensive play-calling responsibilities.

So now your telling me Singletary is not in control of HIS team and coaches?
They have headphones and microphones all game long, how hard is it to say SPREAD THE f**kING BALL OR YOU ARE FIRED after the first 3 and out
I can guarantee you that we come out with the spread from the very first play next week. If not Sing can and should be fired. If you have the opportunity to score points then you do it. If you handicap the team from scoring points then you have to go. This is twice now that Alex has thrown 3 tds in a half when allowed too. The writing is on the wall and if you cant read it then you are blind!
Share 49ersWebzone