LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Is it truly garbage time when Alex thrived???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Jamie dukes is a p.o.s. I almost cancelled my subscription to NFL network after hearing him talk so much trash about my niners. Isn't he supposed to be a anaylsts or is he just a stupid Jack a$$. He wouldn't even acknowledge that we had a chance to win. No it was not garbage stats. F**k you Jamie pukes!

4 years ago, I felt the way do about Jamie Dukes.

Now, I think this: Jamie Dukes hasn't been wrong about us yet.

It's one thing to say a team is bad and another to blatanly refuse to talk about the game. I was at work during the game and wanted to hear about the play of each team and all he kept saying was no it's garbage. If it was the patriots then he would have been all on their nuts.

If it was the Browns, would you really care about a game where one team passed for 5 yards in the half, only to sort of come back and then give it away once it got close again.

The 49ers run, run pass is NOT that interesting.
Jamie dukes is a p.o.s. I almost cancelled my subscription to NFL network after hearing him talk so much trash about my niners. Isn't he supposed to be a anaylsts or is he just a stupid Jack a$$. He wouldn't even acknowledge that we had a chance to win. No it was not garbage stats. F**k you Jamie pukes!

It's one thing to say a team is bad and another to blatanly refuse to talk about the game. I was at work during the game and wanted to hear about the play of each team and all he kept saying was no it's garbage. If it was the patriots then he would have been all on their nuts.

If it was the Browns, would you really care about a game where one team passed for 5 yards in the half, only to sort of come back and then give it away once it got close again.

Even when we would win there wasn't a lot of coverage. It's just really obvious that they are biased when it comes to certain teams. I hope our offense heard what they were saying.

Even when we would win there wasn't a lot of coverage. It's just really obvious that they are biased when it comes to certain teams. I hope our offense heard what they were saying.

I don't think they are bias. Without a qb we just aren't a fun team to watch and when it's in garbage time, it's irrelavent.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
The Packers blitzed us 20 times during that game. 16 of them came in the second half.

I'd hardly call that garbage time. Alex actually looked pretty good. He wasn't staring down his receivers. He even had a couple of nice pump fakes. His one interception was caused by Walker not running his route properly. No tipped balls, no fumbles. Really it was a pretty good game, especially when you realize that in the first half we only had 10 yards passing.
Brian Billick made a good point late in the 4th, the Packers were still bringing it and Alex was still getting it done.

he still sucked the opening drive of the 2nd half in the spread, anyone who PVR'd the game knows what I'm talking about, watch t again and you'll know what I mean...
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by smileyman:
The Packers blitzed us 20 times during that game. 16 of them came in the second half.

I'd hardly call that garbage time. Alex actually looked pretty good. He wasn't staring down his receivers. He even had a couple of nice pump fakes. His one interception was caused by Walker not running his route properly. No tipped balls, no fumbles. Really it was a pretty good game, especially when you realize that in the first half we only had 10 yards passing.

Woooow, i cant believe this was a pretty game for u--WE LOST!!! The interception caused by Walker??? the ball was behind and over VD head (ugly pass). enough is enough, our QB sucks!!! i hope he gets benched by the end of season, give Nate a chance
Wow, this is a new topic.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by fly15:

Woooow, i cant believe this was a pretty game for u--WE LOST!!! The interception caused by Walker??? the ball was behind and over VD head (ugly pass). enough is enough, our QB sucks!!! i hope he gets benched by the end of season, give Nate a chance

Pretty good--not excellent. The ball was not being thrown to VD--it was going to Walker. Walker was outside left, VD was in side left, both running deep routes and then cutting right. Walker was running lazy--he should be 2 or 3 yards ahead of Davis and is nearly even, and when Davis cuts to the right Walker doesn't. Smith threw the ball right where Walker should've been had he cut like he was supposed to.

There's a reason why Walker doesn't get many stats--he has bad hands and he can't run routes worth beans.
Jimmy Raye needs to come out slinging the ball out of the shotgun spread on the first drive...............

I'd like to see a whole new coaching staff!!!!
  • fly15
  • Veteran

Your right, but u know?? when alex passes lord knows who his throwing the ball to.
Please dont get me wrong, im NOT an alex smith hater, i had alot of faith on him. but not anymore. The only thing i ask from him this coming game is a 1st down in the opening drive. i know is too much, but please.

Pretty good--not excellent. The ball was not being thrown to VD--it was going to Walker. Walker was outside left, VD was in side left, both running deep routes and then cutting right. Walker was running lazy--he should be 2 or 3 yards ahead of Davis and is nearly even, and when Davis cuts to the right Walker doesn't. Smith threw the ball right where Walker should've been had he cut like he was supposed to.

There's a reason why Walker doesn't get many stats--he has bad hands and he can't run routes worth beans.

• smileyman
  • Info N/A
Your right, but u know?? when alex passes lord knows who his throwing the ball to.
Please dont get me wrong, im NOT an alex smith hater, i had alot of faith on him. but not anymore. The only thing i ask from him this coming game is a 1st down in the opening drive. i know is too much, but please.

We did have a 1st down in the opening drive against GB. Scored a FG on that drive as a matter of fact.

Most routes in the NFL are timing routes, especially on a deep route. You can't wait for the guy to get open and then throw--by that point it's too late. You practice timing and at a certain point the receiver is supposed to cut one way so you throw the ball where he's supposed to be.

As far as opening drives and what not--yell at Sing and Raye for that. For whatever reason they refuse to go deep unless we're down by 20 points. It doesn't take any more time for the pass to happen. I'd like to see us come out in the 1st half and throw deep as often as we can against Jackonsville. Get up by 3 TDs at the half time. Then if Sing and Raye want to run conservative offense let them.

Right now their philosophy is backwards. Play conservative in the first half and then catchup ball in the second.
we fed Gore early and he almost took it to the house....i just wonder y we stopped feeding him?!

also i felt we should had been looking for VD early on too...
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by quatic:
we fed Gore early and he almost took it to the house....i just wonder y we stopped feeding him?!

also i felt we should had been looking for VD early on too...

After the 42 yard run here are the Niners running plays before the half
Gore--1 yd
Morgan--8 yd end around
Norris--0 yd
Gore--3 yd
Gore--4 yd
Gore--6 yd

By that point we were down by 20 points and had no option but to pass all the time.

During the first half they had either Woodson or Harris on VD. He was never open enough to get the ball to him.
Share 49ersWebzone