There are 196 users in the forums

Is it truly garbage time when Alex thrived???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
Hey Posters,

Just wanted to get your opinion about Alex putting up big numbers in the 2nd half of the Houston game and in the 2nd half today at Green Bay.

It seems that Alex's big numbers come when we are down big and maybe its just that the opponent starts relaxing and playing prevent and we start the spread offense???

If that is the case, can we credit Alex with "playing at a high level"???

Or do you think its a matter of Raye opening the offense and Alex thriving in a legit highly competitive game?

cause he folds like a deck of cards when he is under pressure. There is no pressure when you are already losing lol

Wouldn't there be more...?

eh you can debate that both ways i guess, but he doesn't finish games is what im getting at.

They didn't get the ball back after the 3rd TD.

It's not garbage time when there is still 6 minutes left and a TD will bring the score to less than a one possession game and GB was not playing like it was garbage time.

The 3rd TD doesn't matter. They were within 5 points AND had possession prior to the INT. Why do people keep dismissing this?

Yes, the D couldn't stop their offense but our offense turned the ball over at the drive that could have put us on top. The first play of that drive.

Hill did the same thing in the Vikings game and yet you blame that loss on the defense for not getting the ball back. You Smith haters with your double standards

1st: Hill threw 3 TD's in the Vikings game?

2nd: What hill did in the Vikings game has ZERO to do with whether it was garbage time when the 49ers offense dominated the 2nd half of football on Sunday.
Hey Posters,

Just wanted to get your opinion about Alex putting up big numbers in the 2nd half of the Houston game and in the 2nd half today at Green Bay.

It seems that Alex's big numbers come when we are down big and maybe its just that the opponent starts relaxing and playing prevent and we start the spread offense???

Or do you think its a matter of Raye opening the offense and Alex thriving in a legit highly competitive game?

cause he folds like a deck of cards when he is under pressure. There is no pressure when you are already losing lol

eh you can debate that both ways i guess, but he doesn't finish games is what im getting at.

It's not garbage time when there is still 6 minutes left and a TD will bring the score to less than a one possession game and GB was not playing like it was garbage time.

The 3rd TD doesn't matter. They were within 5 points AND had possession prior to the INT. Why do people keep dismissing this?

Yes, the D couldn't stop their offense but our offense turned the ball over at the drive that could have put us on top. The first play of that drive.

Hill did the same thing in the Vikings game and yet you blame that loss on the defense for not getting the ball back. You Smith haters with your double standards

I guess you forgot that Hill, in that Vikings game, actually drove the team to a TD on the go ahead drive. Raye didn't let him throw a pass after that.

I would rather the QB throw an INT in the middle of the game when the team still has a chance rather than choke when the team can take the lead.

By past results, even if the defense got the ball back, Smith has not shown this year he can make THAT drive.
Hey Posters,

2nd: What hill did in the Vikings game has ZERO to do with whether it was garbage time when the 49ers offense dominated the 2nd half of football on Sunday.

No Hill brought the team back in the game only for the defense to not stop the Vikings! Hmm intersting seems how that is exactly what happened in the GB game.

No one is dismissing this BUT you just proved that it was NOT garbage time when Alex threw his 2nd and 3rd TD's Sunday.
Hey Posters,

No Hill brought the team back in the game only for the defense to not stop the Vikings! Hmm intersting seems how that is exactly what happened in the GB game.

The Defense played WAAAAAAYYYYYYYY better in the Minnesota game and even if they didn't it still has NOTHING to do with what we're talking about.
Hey Posters,

The Defense played WAAAAAAYYYYYYYY better in the Minnesota game and even if they didn't it still has NOTHING to do with what we're talking about.

Where is the over your head smiley
Yes, next question...
Anybody else wanna see this offense START the game using shotgun/spread formations?

It's obvious this offense canNOT run a more traditional pro style, might as well do what our playmakers do best.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Alex Smith has had 5 years to be learn how to win games. He is not a winner. Time to move on.

I agree. They should've put Smith out there on defense. He would've stopped Grant. Also, I don't know if you heard yet, but it was Smith that decided to waste a timeout and challenge that 2nd-down run in a futile attempt to push them back 6 more inches.

More reasons as to why Smith isn't a winner...

He keeps sacking himself repeatedly. Is it too much to ask to block 4 defensive linemen, then drop back to pass and find the open guy?

He keeps hiring new OCs every single year. I don't know why he keeps doing this.

He keeps missing tackles on screen passes. For some reason, we suck against the screen pass, and a big part of that is because he doesn't arm tackle.

He knows that he functions well in a spread-type offense, but for some reason, he keeps calling his own plays and doesn't put himself in that offense. It's strange. He only starts using the spread-type offense in the 2nd half of games.

Lastly, when there's nobody open, he can't just magically find the open guy before he gets sacked, even if, like I said, there's nobody open.

I'm getting tired of the Smith hate. Look, he isn't a great QB, but on this team, there's PLENTY of blame to go around. You can start at the top. Singletary and Raye are looking like two GIECO cavemen right about now. The OL is looking like a bunch of Girl Scouts. Scratch that...Girl Scouts have more passion and pride than this unit.

This team is a total mess right now, including the QB position, but that position gets FAR too much blame. There's a reason why Hill looked even worse than Smith out there, and there's a reason why Davis will look equally bad.

I totally agree with u sir, the truth is that Alex SUCKS plus those cavemen 2 specially Mummy Raye. I dont know about Nate Davis, i think he can do some damage way better than Alex. I really hope we can c him before the end of the season 2 c if we need a QB from outside or draft one. To me the OL is not the problem (its weak, but ok) its our QB situation Hill/Smith SUCK. and finally i really wish we dont have another stupid QB competition next year!!!!
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Alex Smith has had 5 years to be learn how to win games. He is not a winner. Time to move on.

I agree. They should've put Smith out there on defense. He would've stopped Grant. Also, I don't know if you heard yet, but it was Smith that decided to waste a timeout and challenge that 2nd-down run in a futile attempt to push them back 6 more inches.

More reasons as to why Smith isn't a winner...

He keeps sacking himself repeatedly. Is it too much to ask to block 4 defensive linemen, then drop back to pass and find the open guy?

He keeps hiring new OCs every single year. I don't know why he keeps doing this.

He keeps missing tackles on screen passes. For some reason, we suck against the screen pass, and a big part of that is because he doesn't arm tackle.

He knows that he functions well in a spread-type offense, but for some reason, he keeps calling his own plays and doesn't put himself in that offense. It's strange. He only starts using the spread-type offense in the 2nd half of games.

Lastly, when there's nobody open, he can't just magically find the open guy before he gets sacked, even if, like I said, there's nobody open.

I'm getting tired of the Smith hate. Look, he isn't a great QB, but on this team, there's PLENTY of blame to go around. You can start at the top. Singletary and Raye are looking like two GIECO cavemen right about now. The OL is looking like a bunch of Girl Scouts. Scratch that...Girl Scouts have more passion and pride than this unit.

This team is a total mess right now, including the QB position, but that position gets FAR too much blame. There's a reason why Hill looked even worse than Smith out there, and there's a reason why Davis will look equally bad.

I totally agree with u sir, the truth is that Alex SUCKS plus those cavemen 2 specially Mummy Raye. I dont know about Nate Davis, i think he can do some damage way better than Alex. I really hope we can c him before the end of the season 2 c if we need a QB from outside or draft one. To me the OL is not the problem (its weak, but ok) its our QB situation Hill/Smith SUCK. and finally i really wish we dont have another stupid QB competition next year!!!!

And this is based on??? Please don't tell me the little bit he did in preseason while playing against 3rd stringers and players that were eventually cut.

Jamie dukes is a p.o.s. I almost cancelled my subscription to NFL network after hearing him talk so much trash about my niners. Isn't he supposed to be a anaylsts or is he just a stupid Jack a$$. He wouldn't even acknowledge that we had a chance to win. No it was not garbage stats. F**k you Jamie pukes!
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Jamie dukes is a p.o.s. I almost cancelled my subscription to NFL network after hearing him talk so much trash about my niners. Isn't he supposed to be a anaylsts or is he just a stupid Jack a$$. He wouldn't even acknowledge that we had a chance to win. No it was not garbage stats. F**k you Jamie pukes!

4 years ago, I felt the way you do about Jamie Dukes.

Now, I think this: Jamie Dukes hasn't been wrong about us yet.
[ Edited by Joecool on Nov 24, 2009 at 12:38 AM ]
it sure is

him and Deion are the reason why refuse to watch the NFL Network anymore, can't believe I still pay for that crap

4 years ago, I felt the way do about Jamie Dukes.

Now, I think this: Jamie Dukes hasn't been wrong about us yet.

It's one thing to say a team is bad and another to blatanly refuse to talk about the game. I was at work during the game and wanted to hear about the play of each team and all he kept saying was no it's garbage. If it was the patriots then he would have been all on their nuts.
Share 49ersWebzone