LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 242 users in the forums

The Catch II on NFL Network Tomorrow at 8pm Pacific.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Man I was always doggen JJ Stokes, but he was on in that game, hell I would have killed to have a guy like him for the last few seasons. The last 5-6 years we have been so bad at the WR even Stokes looks good. Thank God for Morgan and Crabs!

Steve Young would make our WRs look like Stokes, and then some.
Watching it now, 10 mins till half....
once TO fumbled on that first drive, you know some people on here would have been "thats it, were f**ked, game over, were gonna lose, the niners are horrible"
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,100 for GolittaCamper.
Watching that game really opened my eyes, we were a descendant team even then, that team had holes and flaws an frankly some terrible players, a lot like the team we have today, we should be better and I blame the coaching staff!

I also started thinking, Charles Haley in his first run with the team was really our LAST feared and dominating outside pass rusher! After he left we still had a good D-line we got sacks but never developed and outside threat of his hall of fame caliber.

Dean
Dent
Haley
14 years of rotating bums!

I must be missing someone, but I don't think I am missing a hall of fame'er.
  • goldenboy
  • Info N/A
Since we have gotten our fix for the nostalgia that were the glory days of Niner yesteryear, niner nation has to check out this amazing video made on youtube. It captures the history, the legendary players, and the hope for renewed glory under our new coach. Check it out a must see!!!!

• B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by goldenboy:
Since we have gotten our fix for the nostalgia that were the glory days of Niner yesteryear, niner nation has to check out this amazing video made on youtube. It captures the history, the legendary players, and the hope for renewed glory under our new coach. Check it out a must see!!!!

It's good, but it isn't all that. Like 99% of the video is old clips. No video of the new 49ers. No new uniforms. No Crabtree. Why start it out with "6th" then? I thought it's going at least show a glimpse of the future. Also, the spelling is bad.

LOL, it's still a decent video. Maybe I'm just being overly critical.
[ Edited by B650 on Nov 21, 2009 at 5:06 PM ]
i really never liked our d during the jim mora yrs
  • goldenboy
  • Info N/A
I think leaving out the players of today although unintentional, shows that in order to mention or viewed in the same breath of the tradition and success of our past you have to go out and accomplish it first.

Now don't get me wrong i don' think that was what the creator of this video was thinking especially with the mistakes in spelling. He definitely could polarized the image for the future with a picture of the star players we have now in a single frame.

Overall it was a good video especially compared to other youtube videos out now.
Seeing Favre on the sidelines right after TO made the grab was truly special. FU Favre!
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Seeing Favre on the sidelines right after TO made the grab was truly special. FU Favre!

As was watching Reggie White leave the field extremely sad.

Watching that game really opened my eyes, we were a descendant team even then, that team had holes and flaws an frankly some terrible players, a lot like the team we have today, we should be better and I blame the coaching staff!

I also started thinking, Charles Haley in his first run with the team was really our LAST feared and dominating outside pass rusher! After he left we still had a good D-line we got sacks but never developed and outside threat of his hall of fame caliber.

Dean
Dent
Haley

??? Do you forget andre Carter(14 sacks) and Julian Peterson? Those guys were pretty good pass rushers.
Originally posted by jonnydellfan:

Dean
Dent
Haley

??? Do you forget andre Carter(14 sacks) and Julian Peterson? Those guys were pretty good pass rushers.

What about Doleman, Stubblefield, BY?
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

He needs that look plastered on his mug more often.

Dean
Dent
Haley

Sorry put em booth in the hall of fame, those guys were good, but were they feared top 10 NFL hall of fame Superbowl ring wearing Lombardi trophy hold bad ass mother f**kers!!!!! I don't think so!
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Dean
Dent
Haley

What about Doleman,(end of his career he was ok for a season) Stubblefield, BY (Subby and BY were awesome, but they were not outside pass rushers, they were DTs)?
Share 49ersWebzone