There are 187 users in the forums

Crabtree's Recent Interview/Quotes

Shop Find 49ers gear online
At first, I put this in an existing thread, but it just has to be read.

From MM:

Quote:
Crabtree had his weekly interview session with reporters. I asked him about a "knee" injury that showed up on the Wednesday practice report. Crabtree said he has no injury. He said an injury is something that forces players to miss practice time or limits their speed. He said he just has a little bruise on his knee.

From MB,

Quote:
Crabtree has had a couple of drops this season, including one at the Chicago four-yard line onThursday, and he said those weigh heavily on his mind.

"It bothers me," he said. "Sometimes I can sleep at night when I drop passes. I feel like if I keep it on my mind, the next play I'm going to make sure I catch it, so it's that kind of situation."

Do you replay the ones you don't catch?
"I'm always looking for that negative on the field, that stuff that I haven't really (grasped) right now, that I really don't know right now. I try to keep that with me. By the time the game comes, I'm thinking about that and I (say), 'I gotta make a play, gotta make a play.'"

What haven't we seen from you yet?
"YAC (yards after the catch). That's what I was really big on in college, and football period. I just want to get that YAC."

What about TDs?
"You're going to have those concerns. But my concern is winning. If we're winning, then I can't complain."

I read that and it shows Crabtree has the right mentality and he will get better just because he wants to be better.
I'm surprised at how much my initial perception of him has changed. He came off as a very selfish guy, but he hasn't shown any 'Diva' or bad character traits yet. I hope he keeps it up and doesn't become frustrated because of our horrible offense.
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
I'm surprised at how much my initial perception of him has changed. He came off as a very selfish guy, but he hasn't shown any 'Diva' or bad character traits yet. I hope he keeps it up and doesn't become frustrated because of our horrible offense.

He's had some drops and a turnover that has contributed to our horrible offense. Like I've said, and he says, he was known for his YAC, and that has yet to be seen. Not even 5 - 10 yards of it. Until he does something considerably game breaking, he should not be frustrated at all at our offense but only at himself.
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

I was the same way. A lot of people's initial perception were all formed by what the media provided us, which we know is sometimes not reliable because they want to generate news and buzz. Mangini was one of those that ripped Crabtree and after what is happening in Cleveland and Crabtree's words now, it makes his opinion seem incorrect.

Also, some may say these are only Crabtree's "words," and people can say the right thing and not do them, but it seems Crabtree is working his tail off too as provided by his BYE week work and because there has been no complaints from anyone from the team. Crabtree was given the starting job in his first game and if he was not working hard on the practice field, I am sure we would have heard it by now.
He is going to be a great great player. He is not someone I worry about on the team as oppose to the offensive line and even Alex Smith. I wish/hope Crabtree and Alex are spending time after practice developing a chemistry and working together the way Aikman and Irvin did.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He is still a greedy b*****d.
Everything I read, hear, and see about him is positive and especially his attitude. I hope we keep seeing improvement and maybe a TD this weekend against the Pack.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Everything I read, hear, and see about him is positive and especially his attitude. I hope we keep seeing improvement and maybe a TD this weekend against the Pack.

Completely agree. This guy has done everything possible to make himself good on the football field. He is going to be a great reciever & I hope him & Alex are spending some extra time throwing & catching together.
i like him!
  • Rockyfromask
  • Info N/A
He really does seem like a good kid, I'm so glad he's a 9er. It wouldve sucked watching him tear it up for some other team, knowing he shoulve been ours!

He was meant to be a 49er.
Originally posted by Rockyfromask:
He really does seem like a good kid, I'm so glad he's a 9er. It wouldve sucked watching him tear it up for some other team, knowing he shoulve been ours!

Seeing him play and learning about his attitude and work ethic makes it easier to see why some teams might have been willing (allegedly) to tamper to get him. I am sure the glad the Niners got him signed.
I guess Al Davis and Mangini were wrong about him. I go over to the Raider forums sometimes to check out what they say about Crabtree and DHB. If you want a great laugh check it out, hilarious.
Share 49ersWebzone